• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalentan

So I faced my first, at least I think my first, Dhalsim today and damn he kicked my ass. It was a challenge to just get in close between all of his long range attacks and his teleporting the person did. o.o Weird character.

Another thing unrelated to that. It's something I've noticed, not commonly, but I've noticed. Is there a thing with SF online that really good plays will purposfully play bad in the first round and sometimes lose and then will go apeshit crazy with combos the next two rounds? I noticed that at times.

Big Brett

Just played someone SitoXSlayer on a lvl1 Karin Bronze account and they absolutely bodied me. What the fuck lol. Smurfs?

Edit: cool i get to match them again. Good matchmaking lol.
I'm so salty tonight. Forgive me.

Paltheos

I reached Ultra Silver last night! I didn't expect to make so much progress but I went net like +400 points. Today has been... less successful. I peaked at 3699 but I dropped down below 3500 again and right now I'm sitting barely positive where I was - 3575 right now.

Something I think started clicking with me and I've started counter poking more and with more of my buttons. Still gotta learn allot of frames though.

matchmaking was shit earlier. had random dc in empty lobby and very long wait times, even in casuals. either less people are playing or servers were off.

Another thing unrelated to that. It's something I've noticed, not commonly, but I've noticed. Is there a thing with SF online that really good plays will purposfully play bad in the first round and sometimes lose and then will go apeshit crazy with combos the next two rounds? I noticed that at times.
I tend to sandbag a lot in the first round, or I'll just play a completely different playstyle than what they're probably expecting.

LINK

alex_3s_colors_by_zekke87-d9xz7p2.png
Very nice colors here. The last one is my choice color in 3S.
The critical art combo is actually pretty easy but maybe hard for SFV character standards. The one where she combos Tenko into LK Kicks into EX Tenko into EX Orochi is her most styling combo.
The tightness of that combo must rival how people feel after fighting Marn. I don't even want to try it.
Man...screw this game putting me up against 15 2000-3000 players in a row and then I lose one single match against them and lose 150 points!!!

I'm so done with rank
It's not worth the trouble. It really isn't at all.
Lots of RQs last night against my trash Alex.

I think the ranking system is the problem. I've been beaten by higher end gold ranks and platinums who won't even go for a 2nd match. I guess they think I'm not worth their time, or that I might win and take 100+ points.
Ranked fights against people with significantly lower LP are terrible. They take more points than they give even if they only one one match. I don't blame anyone for choosing not to rematch. I don't even want to play anyone below 2.5K once I hit 3K.
Well we always have SF4 to fall back on. SF V dropping off like a rock on the sales charts is not a good look..
Nah lol
Fuuuuuck, I am losing HARD tonight.
I've gone from 2800 to 1800 in the last few days. Ugh.

Always seem to get better players on a Friday night.
I went from 3K to 1.7K yesterday. Barely made it back to 2.1K. Ranked is screwy and so am I for letting it get that bad.
I'm very much looking to fighting Ibuki in SFV. After nearly 6 years of her vortex nonsense I'm looking forward to fighting an honest version of her. Whatever she is like she is not going to have a vortex or a loopy safe pressure game. She will have to put herself at risk like everybody else.

Her moves should also be more unsafe like everybody else. So no free spin kick for days anymore. Maybe unless it's spaced correctly.
Watch her or Urien have an air parry for a V-Skill or during V-Trigger. It would be funny if all the 3S characters have a parry in some shape or form.
You think that's bad? I saw Daigo DP through an enemy Ryu's CA once. I nearly pooped my pants from over-hype. I'd guess anyone's dp can get through it if they are close enough
I used EX Ressenha to beat a Ryu's CA the same way. It also worked against a Cammy that used their CA to try and chip me to death.
What? How?
I've had the game freeze up on me while training/survival mode take like three minutes to load. Five minutes is some truly unlucky stuff but it can happen.

Hm, I gave Extreme difficulty a try in Survival Mode.
I'm surprised by the fact that it's actually very easy, did it on my first try.
I thought it was difficult guys?

MrDaravon

Welp, now the fuckery that happened to me all the time before I took a break from the game is happening again where practically every single Ranked match it is matching me against people 2-3 ranks higher than me who completely decimate me, and somehow they thought it would be a good decision for me to lose as much LP as the opponent gains even when they are dramatically higher rank than me.

As I'm typing this it just rematched me against the same person multiple ranks higher than me a second time in a row. Are you absolutely fucking kidding me Capcom. I can get fresh players no problem during the middle of the day during the week, but Friday night prime-time you're going to give me not only rematches, but rematches against people way higher ranked than me? Fuck off.

EDIT: IT JUST DID IT AGAIN ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? Fuck it, ragequitting. Take the points or whatever.

3rd enormous mismatched player in a row, whyyyyyyyyyyy

Can't get into a lot of Battle Lounges because people seem to kick Bronze players

Can't make it out of Bronze because as soon as I hit 1200-1300 points it matches me with nothing but Silver and up players

Capcom pls

That sounds about right. I assume you SRK'd your way through it?

I did pick Ryu because he's my main, so I felt most comfortable playing with him.
What I did was jump in roundhouse -> cr.hp -> f.dp over and over again until they stun and try to end it with EX or Super whenever I could. From 50 and onwards I used the battle supplements defense or attack up every round, whichever gave me the most benefit (only when my HP was above 90%, if not I would pick health).

MrDaravon

Wow, I legit just had a guy beat me FT2 on two separate occasions so incredibly fucking bad that as a grown ass man I almost want to cry. I'm Chun, he's Nash, and literally all he did almost the entirety of all 4 matches was jump in with a crossup, do a like 4-5 hit combo and then cross-me up again. Over and over and over and over. I've got fucking nothing, I can deal with getting my ass beat but I don't think I've ever been humiliated like this in a game in decades lol. I was just totally fucking powerless. b. HK usually wasn't quick enough, he was too close and it was too much of a crossup for the usual st. LK to actually connect. He was somehow beating any EX SBK attempts because of the weird hurtbox that move has on the back side of it. Trying to make it into the air usually didn't work or at best resulted in a trade.

And this is on the heels of already losing 400 LP to only two separate people because the game decided to match me against the same Silver player three times, then another Silver player twice, then this Nash twice which lost me another 260 LP. Fucking wow. I am done for all time, I am unable to hold these L's.

mbpm1

Wow, I legit just had a guy beat me FT2 on two separate occasions so incredibly fucking bad that as a grown ass man I almost want to cry. I'm Chun, he's Nash, and literally all he did almost the entirety of all 4 matches was jump in with a crossup, do a like 4-5 hit combo and then cross-me up again. Over and over and over and over. I've got fucking nothing, I can deal with getting my ass beat but I don't think I've ever been humiliated like this in a game in decades lol
Feels good right

Durden77

Does anyone have any legit tips for Karin's 6th trial on a stick? This is the only trial I haven't finished. I just can't figure it out.

Yudoken

I moved to a new place and finally have a stable and reliable direct LAN internet connection to a premium router (Fritzbox 6490) correctly configured with UPNP chekced in the settings with 100mbit down 6mbit up and thought I try out the new lobby system with my friends and it was a nightmare and disaster.

I was constantly disconnected from the server for no reason (internet is stable and there was nothing else running) and my friends experienced it too and we we're too tired after a couple of hours.

I also experienced it a few days earlier but thought it was just a unlucky day,

I don't know why but I have the worst luck of them all, this game just refuses to work fine online.

I clean installed the game, just used regular settings, updated drivers and tried other stuff but this games servers just love to kick me out.

Please tell me it's not just me here with this

Also I'm heavily disappointed that you can't do a private lobby's while everyone plays, nobody's want to watch the fights...

Windows 10 pro, GTX 970, i7 4790k, Asus Maximus gene VI motherboard and 16 GB RAM are the specs so with this pc and internet connection there shouldn't be any problems at all.

All the players including me are from germany.

What is just wrong with this game? =/

Why does it hate me so much?

Renekton

Wow, I legit just had a guy beat me FT2 on two separate occasions so incredibly fucking bad that as a grown ass man I almost want to cry. I'm Chun, he's Nash, and literally all he did almost the entirety of all 4 matches was jump in with a crossup, do a like 4-5 hit combo and then cross-me up again. Over and over and over and over. I've got fucking nothing
Silver Nash LOooOVE to crossup. Does Chun have a good jumpback/neutraljump normal?

MrDaravon

Feels good right

frysquint.jpg

Silver Nash LOooOVE to crossup. Does Chun have a good jumpback/neutraljump normal?

Yes, but he was timing it so I wasn't able to get much into the air; I got some air to air trades but that was about as good as I got there. In theory the easiest way to get out would probably have been to be on point with blocking then dash out etc but this guy was relentless and getting crossed up is by a country mile my biggest weakness in the game right now outside of just general matchup knowledge/experience. I'm getting better at it though, or I thought I was until these matches with this guy, holy fucking shit. I'm not even mad, I just never want to play this game again lol. I'm running it through my mind and short of just stepping my blocking game up not sure what else I could have done really other than some sort of incredibly hard reads.

Nash, Mika and Bison are by farrrrrrrrrrrrr my worst matchups right now; for some reason I just am unable to deal with Nash and Bison in general, and I just don't understand Mika at all yet (need to go into the lab for her). I only really started seeing Mikas when I started playing the game again yesterday, first couple weeks I saw like 3. Dunno if Marn inspired an army of them or just my luck the last couple of days.

It's not that bad since the computer is stupid as fuck.

That's what I thought as well, but I saw a lot of posts in the beginning about it being impossible and people were seriously raging, not even about the dc's but about how ridiculously the AI is with reading your inputs and stuff. Didn't notice it one bit.

ohkay

Man, it's so weird trying to play a new character. I keep putting in the motions to do cannon spikes and then I realize Karin doesn't have one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom