• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Banned
That's what I thought as well, but I saw a lot of posts in the beginning about it being impossible and people were seriously raging, not even about the dc's but about how ridiculously the AI is with reading your inputs and stuff. Didn't notice it one bit.

You on PC or PS4?

I've actually been trying this exact method, but haven't gotten it to work yet. However since it did for you, and it seems like the best method, I shall continue trying! Thank you

The best thing is prolly trying to get the mk into tenko down first, once you can do that reliably the rest should come after enough trying.

I moved to a new place and finally have a stable and reliable direct LAN internet connection to a premium router (Fritzbox 6490) correctly configured with UPNP chekced in the settings with 100mbit down 6mbit up and thought I try out the new lobby system with my friends and it was a nightmare and disaster.

I was constantly disconnected from the server for no reason (internet is stable and there was nothing else running) and my friends experienced it too and we we're too tired after a couple of hours.

check this post, i had the same problem.

this game still has no reliable online infrastructure. i had less issues on launch.

I've actually been trying this exact method, but haven't gotten it to work yet. However since it did for you, and it seems like the best method, I shall continue trying! Thank you
Yeah her 6th trial is a bit tricky and I'm generally pretty decent at this kind of shit, but it still took me almost 30 min. I don't know what the hardest part is for everyone else, but hitting that fucking shoulder was a goddamn task. I think I just lucked into it.

Opto

Banned
Yeah her 6th trial is a bit tricky and I'm generally pretty decent at this kind of shit, but it still took me almost 30 min. I don't know what the hardest part is for everyone else, but hitting that fucking shoulder was a goddamn task. I think I just lucked into it.

it's awkward mechanically

Renekton

Yes, but he was timing it so I wasn't able to get much into the air; I got some air to air trades but that was about as good as I got there. In theory the easiest way to get out would probably have been to be on point with blocking then dash out etc but this guy was relentless and getting crossed up is by a country mile my biggest weakness in the game right now outside of just general matchup knowledge/experience.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHalXSwWLzI

Check out 00:27 he showed two options against even deep crossup :)

Just spend 30 minutes in training mode burning that move into muscle memory, and it will trouble you 50% less after a good nights sleep.

Man I can't believe it took me this long but I finally reached 10 straight wins for the first time in the retail version of this game(beta doesn't count). Every time I got this close before I was matched up against guys with a lot more points than me except one time. That one time was against a Silver Laura I think. Which is pretty bad considering my highest win rate is probably against her.

Time to take a break from Ranked once again and try and enjoy myself in casual where I won't have to stress about losing points.

Wallach

Finally set some time aside earlier today to try Alex. He's fucking awesome. Definitely a new character for me to focus on for a while. And by focus I mean the one hour a week or whatever I currently get in.

Edgeward

I hate how ex flying barcelona will trade on AAs. Can't even have great AA move that isn't v trigger.

Vega players: how do I punish Alex's slash/elbow? In either claw on or off mode?

I fought a ton of Alex players last night while trying to learn Vega, and it feels like it's hard to punish those, or perhaps its range based.

Edit: Just looked up frame data:

All Flash Chops (except EX) are -4, which means a 4 frame normal from Vega should(?) punish? I know Vega has a 3F is st.LK but I think it doesn't go far enough depending on the range Alex hits with the Flash Chop.

Light Slash Elbow is -3, so the only thing that could potentially punish is st.LK depending on range.

I'm just starting basically with Vega (around 20-25 games played maybe), but Alex so far has given me a ton of trouble. His st.LP is such a good anti-air.

Most times you simply can't because the pushback on the move makes it safe against Vega. Only thing to really do is punish when they try to do it at stupid long ranges or just be on the attack so it becomes your turn.

Edzi

Finally bought some stuff from the store and all of a sudden I'm down from 350k FM to 100k just from a handful of story alts. Yikes.

I'm watching Daigo's weekly stream and Fuudo is playing this Karin right now who has a color that almost perfectly matches the color of the training stage. She's almost invisible with that combination. Someone needs to do this in a big CPT tournament.

ohkay

I realize the answer to this is probably Ryu, but who do you guys think is the best character to learn that would leave you best equipped to play any character?

What made me think of this is I'm trying to pick up Karin after playing Cammy and I've clearly taken advantage of the fact that dive kick and other tools makes it relatively easy to get in, but with Karin, I feel like I have to earn it. It's something I have to work on and would probably improve my Cammy play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom