• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Brahs, my white HRAP came in the mail today!

(Not my pic)
ME0001513661_2.jpg

I have red and smoke grey translucent Sanwas on the way along with a Red bubble top. Gonna look so good.

I'm very much looking to fighting Ibuki in SFV. After nearly 6 years of her vortex nonsense I'm looking forward to fighting an honest version of her. Whatever she is like she is not going to have a vortex or a loopy safe pressure game. She will have to put herself at risk like everybody else.

Her moves should also be more unsafe like everybody else. So no free spin kick for days anymore. Maybe unless it's spaced correctly.

I have a question. How do you check how much frame advantage do knockdown moves give you? Like Ryu's DP, how do you know how advantageous is MP DP, Dash?

AEREC

(Not my pic)
ME0001513661_2.jpg

I have red and smoke grey translucent Sanwas on the way along with a Red bubble top. Gonna look so good.

Ive got this stick and it's great...had it since the early days of SFIV, and still using it for SFV on PC. I got an HRAP Kai for the PS4 when SFV launch and it def did not feel the same (buttons were spongy).

Skilletor

I'm very much looking to fighting Ibuki in SFV. After nearly 6 years of her vortex nonsense I'm looking forward to fighting an honest version of her. Whatever she is like she is not going to have a vortex or a loopy safe pressure game. She will have to put herself at risk like everybody else.

Her moves should also be more unsafe like everybody else. So no free spin kick for days anymore. Maybe unless it's spaced correctly.

I'm expecting her to be very similar to 3s.

Whatever she is, she'll no doubt be my favorite character.

Big Brett

I want a fight stick so badly. Don't have the guappity. My knowledge is improving but I'm noticing many limitations due to using Dualshock 4.

Skilletor

I am a stick player and did all of the trial combos on a ds4 just to see if I could.

Hardest ones for me were Gief and Fang. Gief because of air ex spd and fang because charging is rough for me on a pad.

It was pretty easy overall, though. If I'd have used my FC4, I'm sure it would have been a breeze.

Xeteh

I want a fight stick so badly. Don't have the guappity. My knowledge is improving but I'm noticing many limitations due to using Dualshock 4.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure if a stick would help me with better execution or if its in my head but I don't really have $150 to spend on something I'm not sure I'll end up using.

This game is a tidal wave of warm faeces tonight... ragequitters galore, terrible lag, matching me with people 3-4 leagues above me constantly, '5 bar' connections that are teleporting all over the place... just an awful experience all round.

Rage quitting is an epidemic, it needs to be fixed fucking NOW. Even if it's just something temporary.

ohkay

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure if a stick would help me with better execution or if its in my head but I don't really have $150 to spend on something I'm not sure I'll end up using.
Well just like playing on a pad, playing on a stick takes time to get used to

Can someone explain this to me:

Ryu's f+HP is -2 on block. According to this spreadsheet, it is not cancelable to specials. Yet, when I try f+HP, DP against the training dummy set to 'jab as soon as blockstun ends', it always blocks the DP. Is f+HP, DP a true blockstring, and if so, why?

I always play Ryu and Ken in every SF game(with Ryu being the true main though). Ken was actually my main in SF4 for a short while before AE came out and I switched to Evil Ryu. But I've hardly touched Ken in SFV because like you said, I find him a little too hard to play. I'm no good at doing one hit confirms and don't want to end up doing a lot of unsafe cancels into run because I'm simply guessing only. Sure I can play basic Ken but why do that when basic Ryu is better and more fun for me personally.

I find Ken to be more fun overall, but I've always liked Ken better than "original Ryu was fired and we replaced him with this guy" Ryu. Especially once they started making Ken the flashier version with the flaming SRK and stuff in Super.

That said, I'd like to get to gold league someday and get my achievement... so I've sucked up my dislike of Ryu as much as I can and I've been using him because he's the easier shoto to work with in this game.

I don't like it, but I don't really have a lot of options these days; maybe once Guile is released, I'll be able to pick him up and drop maining Ryu for the time being.

Xeteh

Well just like playing on a pad, playing on a stick takes time to get used to

Yeah I know, but I don't know if it'll help me improve. If I'm going to have the same poor execution on a stick that I do on a pad, I can just save myself the money.

Ryu's f+HP is -2 on block. According to this spreadsheet, it is not cancelable to specials. Yet, when I try f+HP, DP against the training dummy set to 'jab as soon as blockstun ends', it always blocks the DP. Is f+HP, DP a true blockstring, and if so, why?

From my (possibly wrong) knowledge, the second hit of the f+HP is what is -2 and non-cancellable. Check and see if the dp is being performed out of the first hit of f+HP, that is a cancellable state.

From my (possibly wrong) knowledge, the second hit of the f+HP is what is -2 and non-cancellable. Check and see if the dp is being performed out of the first hit of f+HP, that is a cancellable state.

Ryu does both f+HP hits, then DPs. The dummy blocks all three hits, even when set to 'block first hit only', or manually set to jab after blockstun ends. This happens with all versions of DP, on both sides, tested vs dummy Ryu.

I didn't manage to cancel the first hit of f+HP into anything though, are you sure that's possible?

F+HP does have cancelable frames. If you put two Ryu's in training mode and have one do F+HP xx HP SRK to the other, the other one can't interrupt it at all. I tried mashing EX DP many times and it doesn't work. I could just let go of the stick after blocking the F+HP and I'll block the rest because their is no gap at all inbetween the two moves. You'll just be stuck in block stun until the sequence ends.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
He's good, not great but he isn't bad.

I know very little about Alex so take this with a grain of salt but my impression is that he's scary af with V-Trigger but he has a tough time making things happen outside of it.

I really hate babies who don't play the third match in a casual set after they win the second game, they just run away

Ghidora91 or whatever your name is, here's to you

I lonothing compared to the bull shit you have to deal with from characters like Viper, Yun, Fuete, Elena, Ibuki, Decapre, and so on.

Decapre is probably the most honest character you have listed and not listed. The fact that her Scramble Break loses to everything including throws is hilarious.

stn

Cammy's trial 10 took me 20 minutes instead of 5 thanks to the PS4 d-pad. Its incredible how both Sony and MS have made some mediocre d-pad design for this gen. Think I'm gonna invest in the FC4, have heard many good things. Is THIS the one that is supposedly great? Thanks.

Big Brett

Cammy's trial 10 took me 20 minutes instead of 5 thanks to the PS4 d-pad. Its incredible how both Sony and MS have made some mediocre d-pad design for this gen. Think I'm gonna invest in the FC4, have heard many good things. Is THIS the one that is supposedly great? Thanks.

If it means anything, I absolutely abhor the DPad on the FC4

MrDaravon

Mika has to be the most terrifying character to play against when you've barely ever seen one and have no idea how to punish her shit. In a lounge right now where this solid Mika is just running a train on people. I've actually had a pretty great couple of days on the game getting wins etc and I'm getting nearly double perfected lol. Miiiight be starting to get to the point where I need to start looking at specific matchups and framedata/what can be punished etc. One of the problems with just playing online is that I still almost never see half of the cast, I can still count on one hand the number of Fangs, Vegas, Zangiefs, Mikas etc I've played against.

I feel you pain, arcade stick is fucked up, 360 D-pad is horrible, can't believe i win some of the matches i do with this shitty, awful, d-pad..

Regular Fighting Commander is better in my opinion.

VariantX

(Not my pic)
ME0001513661_2.jpg

That's my stick. Only thing I'd like is for it to be a little heavier. The buttons are super sensitive though and took me a long while to get used to it compared to the old concave ones that were on the arcade cabinets back in the day. Gonna get a converter eventually and use it for PS4 stuff but right now I just use it for KI and 360 stuff.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
S U P E R B R O N Z E B O Y S

Also the game has been loading Training mode for 5 minutes
Dat SFV Experience.

So, I've made a video, with the purpose of raising awareness on how to make Nash players stop thinking they're clever and safe by throwing out a MK Scythe at the beginning of a round. :D

https://youtu.be/i8Fhl5qAX-s

I've got the idea from vryu, and just applied it to the rest of the cast.
It works really well, I can swear 75% of the Nashes I encounter online try that on the first or second round: make them regret and behave! ^^

Dhalsim punish am cry.

Birdie's J.MP flat out beats Nash's CA. His hitbox is fucking dumb.

j.MP and cr.MP both so gdlk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom