• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this sneaking suspicion that survival is somehow more braindead and susceptible to the strats that are out there on PS4... most people who seem to have minimal trouble with it seem to be on PS4.

Stranger things have happened.

i had plenty of trouble and i'm on PS4. you can win this with dedication, np.

Brahs, my white HRAP came in the mail today!

(Not my pic)
ME0001513661_2.jpg

I have red and smoke grey translucent Sanwas on the way along with a Red bubble top. Gonna look so good.
Fucking beautiful

Almost tempts me to mod my buttons.

Anyways, work has kept me from playing lately. I promise I'll study and work on my footsies Edgeward

Renekton

Lol at giving survival one more shot after reading how people are doing hard and hell on first tries....CPU told me NOPE
CPU will be like:

Nope
Nope
Noooope
Almost.... Nope
Nope
Haha... Nope
Early Nope
Nope x 10
Fine here are the awful colors, now go ponder your life choices

i had plenty of trouble and i'm on PS4. you can win this with dedication, np.

Hahaha, dedication doesn't seem like the right word. The amount of time I spent on finishing Ken's hard survival course is ridiculous... he's the only one I got that far with too... I made it to Stage 69 of Hell before R. Mika went ballistic on me and there was no Fight Request around to save me.

I'm watching Daigo's weekly stream and Fuudo is playing this Karin right now who has a color that almost perfectly matches the color of the training stage. She's almost invisible with that combination. Someone needs to do this in a big CPT tournament.

Oh man, what if they banned training stage? One can dream.

God, It sucks so much playing FANG against good Ryus. Every single frametrap can be beat by a DP.

Every.
Single.
One.

And the 3-frame jab doesn't hurt either.

Anyone want to fight?

Edit: Hm, guess not. Ranked it is, heh. I'm going against scarier and scarier opponents these days...
Ranked is indeed getting tougher, which isn't a bad thing.

Earlier I fought a guy with a 27 win streak and ended it. Dude took the L, and I was real happy to see that. He was a very solid player. Fucked me up real good.

Quesa

Another Sim question: is there a noticable difference between doing j.HP > c.MP > M.Flame after instant-air Yoga teleport instead of j.HP > b.MK > M.Flame? I seem to have a lot less trouble doing c.MP but both Sabin and Champ use b.MK so I wanted to know if it was just a preference

I'm watching Daigo's weekly stream and Fuudo is playing this Karin right now who has a color that almost perfectly matches the color of the training stage. She's almost invisible with that combination. Someone needs to do this in a big CPT tournament.

If there would be anyone to do it it would be him.

Edgeward

GGs, Flux. That was payback for the Mika beatdown lol.

Obviously, the AA game needs work. But I also am not a fan of the jumpbacks. Ryu is really good in this game with great damage and stun off simple stuff. There isn't a reason to use ex fireballs as zoning tool. Fireballs are more meant as a tool like a poke, especially in this game with no chip kills. Same goes for v-trigger. It's a more powerful cancel move or a way to freeze time so you can super punish.

God, It sucks so much playing FANG against good Ryus. Every single frametrap can be beat by a DP.

Every.
Single.
One.

And the 3-frame jab doesn't hurt either.

That's just how invul DPs work. They at least made the recovery more frames and the implementation of CC means you can do big damage back to scare them.

FluxWaveZ

Obviously, the AA game needs work. But I also am not a fan of the jumpbacks. Ryu is really good in this game with great damage and stun off simple stuff. There isn't a reason to use ex fireballs as zoning tool. Same goes for v-trigger. It's a more powerful cancel move or a way to freeze time so you can super punish.

Ha, thanks, but I'm not too sure I'm going to stick with Ryu for much longer (though, it's only been a couple of days so it's not like it's been a long time in the first place). Since I'm more in an exploratory phase with the characters, I think I'll be switching to someone else pretty soon; don't want to stay stuck with a single character for too long and end up messing with my ability with my actual main.

hamchan

Unless you're better at offense, just turtle up until they get frustrated and try to throw.

On block, Sonic Scythe is negative, the fastest recovery being -7. fMP is -6. fHP is -13 Close range sonic booms are also punishable.

Nash also has nothing on wakeup. EX Scythe has a big fat hitbox, but its' startup is not instant.

Moonsault is unsafe if you're on point with your anti airs. He can be hit the entire time before the slash comes out. It's positive if you guard it, though, so nip it in the bud.

Unpunishable would be V-Trigger Necalli :V

Thanks for this advice btw. Just beat a 3.6k lp Nash.

Turtling until that one knockdown and then going aggressive with meaties/throws worked wonders.

Obviously, the AA game needs work. But I also am not a fan of the jumpbacks. Ryu is really good in this game with great damage and stun off simple stuff. There isn't a reason to use ex fireballs as zoning tool. Fireballs are more meant as a tool like a poke, especially in this game with no chip kills. Same goes for v-trigger. It's a more powerful cancel move or a way to freeze time so you can super punish.

That's just how invul DPs work. They at least made the recovery more frames and the implementation of CC means you can do big damage back to scare them.
It's just that Ryu is not a fun matchup for FANG. Even Ken doesn't have the 3-frame jab, which makes frame traps bearable since he either gets hit,blocks or DPs. If you guess correctly then the punish is a lot more bearable, but Ryu doesn't need to DP all the time since his 3-frame jab can get him out of practically every situation after FANG's st.HK so it turns into a guessing game, one that I'll lose 7/10 times.

Problem is that good players won't just keep spamming it out. Good players will keep mixing things up and if I try to block after my st.hk and they try to throw me, I'm fucked since now they're at an advantage due to FANG's shitty wakeup options.

I made it back to 2.5K LP, but I'm still a ways off from 3K. Ranked is full of shitters. I'll give them a hand for not ragequitting at least. I think I'm going to stay away from this game for a few days because the last Nash I fought (that initially beat me in a 2-1) gave me a stomachache even after I got unlucky and fought him again (got two clean wins from him).
Lol at giving survival one more shot after reading how people are doing hard and hell on first tries....CPU told me NOPE
Don't even bother with it. Capcom could announce playable cameos of all my favorite Capcom characters next month and I still wouldn't touch hard mode with any of them after how Capcom slapped everyone's face with survival. They can keep their palettes.
I really hate having to respect ryu players even when you know they just know the basics
I respect no Ken, Ryu or Nash. Even Mika gets more credit from me.

*spits on ground in their general direction*
Anyone want to fight?

Edit: Hm, guess not. Ranked it is, heh. I'm going against scarier and scarier opponents these days...
It just keeps tossing wave after wave of low LP players at me. They're going to drive me crazy with this. Even at 3K LP I fought more bronze (not super or ultra) players than silver or super silvers.
I wish they'd make a character that was all normals. No special moves.
This is how Justin plays Karin for the most part. It is really good to watch, but I don't think it works very well online if you aren't him.

Edzi

Been losing matches all night with Alex, but I just destroyed a Super Gold Dhalsim hard enough to make him give up at the end of the second match and just stand there spamming lights until I killed him. At least he didn't RQ.

FluxWaveZ

It just keeps tossing wave after wave of low LP players at me. They're going to drive me crazy with this. Even at 3K LP I fought more bronze (not super or ultra) players than silver or super silvers.

Yeah, matchmaking can still be pretty busted at times. It still thinks it's a good idea to match me with Silver players, when I'm in Platinum. The moment I hit that league, though, I started being matched with other Platinum players consistently, and that can be pretty intimidating.

I still need to try out the whole cast, but I'm actually starting to feel comfortable playing as Mika now. Gotta actually spend a bunch of hours straight in Training mode the next time I turn SFV on; I feel that's the next step I need to level up.

Renekton

My losing streak is topped off by a Ultra-Silver Birdie taunting me every round. Back to U-Bronze I go.

Gonna get some good food, tea, and watch replays later.

Anybody think there's a character that has a ton of potential that's untapped right now?

Kind of like how everyone slept on adon until gamerbee or FEI long until fuudo in sf4?

I kind of think birdie could be godlike but not seeing anyone mastered him yet.

Renekton

Anybody think there's a character that has a ton of potential that's untapped right now?

Kind of like how everyone slept on adon until gamerbee or FEI long until fuudo in sf4?

Maybe Claw and Laura?

Zerojul

I'd say claw, too.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dang, the new Alex 1.1 glitch is kinda nuts.
I think that Alex should be banned on tourneys for now.

Laura and Necalli, Laura in particular though.

I think a lot of the Necalli players here might drop him for characters that show up in future while there's a surprisingly small amount of Laura's as it is.

Besides every character for another year or so, I'd say Birdie. I feel like he's going to get real nasty in a few months. But it's hard to say, because most people are sleeping on a portion of the cast because the first two tournies were so close together.

I have this sneaking suspicion that survival is somehow more braindead and susceptible to the strats that are out there on PS4... most people who seem to have minimal trouble with it seem to be on PS4.

Stranger things have happened.

I just think there tend to be more players on PS4, meaning more chance of people knowing how to bullshit on survival AI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom