• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renekton

Instead of wins and LP, I'm trying to set my progression as small goals - e.g. quicker throw tech, less free jump-ins, better reaction to neutral jumps.

But it's hard, the losses are still stacking up at the back of my head.

Instead of wins and LP, I'm trying to set my progression as small goals - e.g. quicker throw tech, less free jump-ins, better reaction to neutral jumps.

That's a good way to approach it. Better for you, too.

Whatever you can do to hold the salt at bay.

ElFly

If I am matched against someone lower in LP than me I set that kind of goals. Currently my objective is landing air SPDs, and using the lariat as AA.

Xeteh

I play on the Dualshock 4 and use the stick. I also almost exclusively play charge characters. The 360's analog is kinda better, I'd argue.

Man, I don't know how you do it. My inputs are all over the place with the analog stick. I can't be precise with it at all.

Man, I don't know how you do it. My inputs are all over the place with the analog stick. I can't be precise with it at all.
To be fair, I've almost never even used a fight stick. The way you are with analog sticks is the way I'll probably be with a fightstick. Like everything else, you get better with practice :)

RM8

My best friend plays with analog stick.

JLLQ9_f-maxage-0.gif

I can't wrap my head around it. How can people even dash? :x Too weird.

Good to know, but not what I meant. I'm not worried about being ridiculed, I'm worried that no matter how much I practice, I won't be able to compete with the fightstickers.

Guy who won Evo a couple years ago used a ps1 controller. Rest assured, it's possible. Plus, as a pad player, SFV in particular is much easier on a controller than sf4 was. Only 2 buttons for an ex, single button for supers, and some noticeable input leniency. Should be much smoother than sf4 probably felt.

vulva

Guy who won Evo a couple years ago used a ps1 controller. Rest assured, it's possible. Plus, as a pad player, SFV in particular is much easier on a controller than sf4 was. Only 2 buttons for an ex, single button for supers, and some noticeable input leniency. Should be much smoother than sf4 probably felt.

that scrub went 0-2 a couple weeks ago

Xeteh

To be fair, I've almost never even used a fight stick. The way you are with analog sticks is the way I'll probably be with a fightstick. Like everything else, you get better with practice :)

I don't use a fight stick either, I use the DPad. I've messed around with the analog stick several times and it just feels wonky for fighting game inputs.

This works really well. Taking things to casual for a week or two helps you focus strictly on getting better and learning lessons, then going back to ranked can show you how far you've leveled up.

Zissou

Made a video to help newer players understand general defense through frame data. Likely too basic to be super helpful to people in this thread, but just in case anybody is curious, it's here.

I don't use a fight stick either, I use the DPad. I've messed around with the analog stick several times and it just feels wonky for fighting game inputs.
Fair enough. Though I can't play MKX with the analog stick to save my life, pretty much have to use the d-pad there.

But for Street Fighter, it's pretty much the opposite, particularly with charge characters.
Yeah, one's WAY more embarrassing, but you and I disagree on which.
Floe's reaction to the Daigo vs Lupe situation was perfect.

Skittles

I'd actually prefer something like the original psx controller because my thumb is big enough to knock the stick while i input commands. Would be nice if fighting games included the option to ignore inputs from the stick. Also, why did you mention 2 button ex moves? That's been a thing since SF IV

Vex_

Banned
People love you as you climb to the top. Once you get there, they just want to see you fall.

Yup. @ 12:54 in this video: https://youtu.be/oVcqjfAiiSI

You can hear everyone chanting Justin Wong's name. "Now he's a hero..." Chris G (his opponent) was an unstoppable force back then, and people wanted him defeated. Jwong used to be that villian. Not in this fight. I remember the hype. Jwong using the crowd's energy to help him beat ChrisG.

No body likes a winner. Everyone wants the underdog to win.

With analog stick don't you get tons of wrong or missed inputs? It seems really difficult to hit back and not down back with no feedback as to the difference. Just a few degrees more down and you eat the jump in..

With analog stick don't you get tons of wrong or missed inputs? It seems really difficult to hit back and not down back with no feedback as to the difference. Just a few degrees more down and you eat the jump in..
I had that problem at first but now with practice I rarely, if ever, get this anymore.

I'd actually prefer something like the original psx controller because my thumb is big enough to knock the stick while i input commands. Would be nice if fighting games included the option to ignore inputs from the stick. Also, why did you mention 2 button ex moves? That's been a thing since SF IV

I know you could do 2 in 3, but I was pretty sure it was 3 in 4? If not, I must just be thinking of ultras sorry. .

Anyone else having consistently lower FPS when online? In training mode I get a rock solid 60 FPS but online its ~55 FPS...also if I'm training with fight request on the same thing happens. Even weirder is the fact that this only started happening in the last couple of days.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, still hate fighting adhd rashid players. He might be doing unsafe stuff, but everything is just such a goddamn blur
That dumb mixer move does not feel like -2 in a real match lol

Anyone else having consistently lower FPS when online? In training mode I get a rock solid 60 FPS but online its ~55 FPS...also if I'm training with fight request on the same thing happens. Even weirder is the fact that this only started happening in the last couple of days.
Digitilfoundry had lower FPS online, too. It's apparently the netcode that's heavy on the CPU.

Ferrio

Banned

So why is there yellow at the end of an attack limb (after the red)? Is that saying what I think it is? That a limb can be hit at the tip?

"Yellow boxes are proximity blocking markers (if the yellow bar from a move reaches your character, you will go into block animation)."

Vex_

Banned
"Yellow boxes are proximity blocking markers (if the yellow bar from a move reaches your character, you will go into block animation)."

Thanks. And for future reference, where did you read that? I'm on mobile so maybe I missed it o_O?

Edit: never mind. "I button"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom