• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
my mind games
NlgqOA7.gif

『Inaba Resident』;200605290 said:
my mind games

4 grabs ina row? Somebody just caught me with the 3 grabs in a row tactic, and I thought they were praise worthy. You sir however, are a madman. You are positively grabhappy!

Stuck in the 8th trials with Nash, I really can't do the back kick to light tragedy assault, I pull him off only by luck, any advices ?

Edit : Never mind, I won

Orcastar

I just can't anymore. I've played the game nearly every day for almost two months, read about all the mechanics, watched character tutorials, watched tons of videos of high level play, yet I'm still hopeless at it. Every time I play I just get frustrated and angry at my incompetence and inability to learn. I've always considered myself good at video games in general, but it feels like there's just some fundamental thing about fighting games that I'm unable to grasp. What the hell was I thinking spending over €300 on this game + a new stick?

『Inaba Resident』;200607028 said:
Pretty much. Didn't know why he didn't just do it lol

Maybe his controller disconnected or something you never know. :p

I had that happen against a really bad Ryu and lost a round once. I plugged the controller back in and beat him in two rounds only for him to RQ.

Still, the Gief was probably just on tilt, I guess... your rank is much higher than him, when I play people better than me I tend to play more passively. "I'll watch what they do and at least try and learn something".

The worst thing to happen in a matchup against someone better than you is to lose to shit like 4x throw because you don't really get the opportunity to learn from that. I'm sure he knew he should super you but most players won't give him that opportunity so like that so it's hardly useful matchup knowledge to learn from.

"Next time I face a Karin, just super when she goes for the 4x throw" I'm sure he'll bear that in mind :p

Zerojul

Someone can remind me of the reasoning behind rage quitting in casual please ? I'm still a bit at a loss there.

Anyway, took 800 XP off a match against a super gold Ryu, my Dhalsim will soon-ish be 30 and I will at last be able to try someone else,yeah !

Maybe his controller disconnected or something you never know. :p

I had that happen against a really bad Ryu and lost a round once. I plugged the controller back in and beat him in two rounds only for him to RQ.

Still, the Gief was probably just on tilt, I guess... your rank is much higher than him, when I play people better than me I tend to play more passively. "I'll watch what they do and at least try and learn something".

The worst thing to happen in a matchup against someone better than you is to lose to shit like 4x throw because you don't really get the opportunity to learn from that. I'm sure he knew he should super you but most players won't give him that opportunity so like that so it's hardly useful matchup knowledge to learn from.

"Next time I face a Karin, just super when she goes for the 4x throw" I'm sure he'll bear that in mind :p

He was actually a higher rank than me. I'm barely Gold while hes Super Gold. I checked back at the replay and he never did anything. Just blocked the whole time. Gief isn't his main so he might have just went blank and tried to block. I know it happens to me sometimes when I play characters I'm not really familiar with.

Fought and won against an Ultra Gold Zangief with a 13 win streak as a Super Silver and he RQed. Expected I guess.
I've said it before, but Capcom needs to fix this as soon as possible. Not only are you denyed status points, but more importantly (in my opiniin), you are denied fight money. It's literally the only way to buy stuff right now, and shit is expensive. In the end, lost 50 bucks FM goes a long way, and plus it denied experience which meets 1000 FM upon level up.

『Inaba Resident』;200607466 said:
He was actually a higher rank than me. I'm barely Gold while hes Super Gold. I checked back at the replay and he never did anything. Just blocked the whole time. Gief isn't his main so he might have just went blank and tried to block. I know it happens to me sometimes when I play characters I'm not really familiar with.

Oh, for some reason it looked like you were higher.

But yeah that makes sense, like I say I sometimes end up playing more passively against people with higher ranks too. In one regard it's a bad habbit to do that, but in another it makes more sense than pressing random buttons and doing something stupid, because even if I were to hit them I wouldn't learn anything from that.

I've said it before, but Capcom needs to fix this as soon as possible. Not only are you denyed status points, but more importantly (in my opiniin), you are denied fight money. It's literally the only way to buy stuff right now, and shit is expensive. In the end, lost 50 bucks FM goes a long way, and plus it denied experience which meets 1000 FM upon level up.

Yep. Its sad that such a situation exists where you're wondering whether or not an opponent is just going to RQ or not. RQ punishment should have been there from day 1.

So I just ended someones 10 winstreak who I felt was not that good to achieve it legitimately. I though FOR SURE he was going to ragequit on me. He didn't. Good guys do exist.

Zissou

Lost about 240LP to an ultra bronze, now silver FANG. I don't care how low tier he is supposedly, I can't deal with him at all.

I'm kind of lost on this one too. I expected to have trouble working out the Dhalsim match-up for some similar reasons (due to the weird fireball angles and such), but sim's are easier to deal with as you can walk/dash in since the fireball recovery is pretty lengthy. If Fang gets space and gets a pattern of the cloud in front of him alternating with poison balls bouncing at you and occasional v-skills and it seems tough to overcome. Poison damage is pretty small from moment to moment, but if you can't get in, it doesn't really matter how long it takes for it to add up. I'm to the point where I think I need to learn him a bit just to better wrap my head around a Fang player's mentality.

Some dude just RQ'ed on me in Casuals.

Fucking Casuals.

Because he didn't know how to deal with a garbage Alex.

This is why the 2/3 thing is so great. People will usually run it back, and if they DO run it back and RQ on the second match, you at least get the points and FM for the first round.

I wish this shit was ranked. Dude had to have been salty af.

Really wanted to make Alex my main but I'm having so much trouble with him and I don't know why.

I got dumped back to Bronze from Ultra Bronze.

Was playing Karin first and then moved to Mika which I was doing pretty good with but I'm sure that's just because of Mika's bullshit.

Now I'm sad and don't know what to do.

😢

I'm sure this has been addressed a bunch but what are everyone's favorite regular "shows" for this game? I'm enjoying WNF, Pro Talk, Next Level and Daigo TV. Any other good things I'm missing? Is there still a NorCal show?

BadWolf

Really wanted to make Alex my main but I'm having so much trouble with him and I don't know why.

I got dumped back to Bronze from Ultra Bronze.

Was playing Karin first and then moved to Mika which I was doing pretty good with but I'm sure that's just because of Mika's bullshit.

Now I'm sad and don't know what to do.

😢

Play casual matches and stop worrying about LP, especially when learning a new character.

You still earn FM and EXP in casual matches.

Csr

I just can't anymore. I've played the game nearly every day for almost two months, read about all the mechanics, watched character tutorials, watched tons of videos of high level play, yet I'm still hopeless at it. Every time I play I just get frustrated and angry at my incompetence and inability to learn. I've always considered myself good at video games in general, but it feels like there's just some fundamental thing about fighting games that I'm unable to grasp. What the hell was I thinking spending over €300 on this game + a new stick?

I know how you feel, we have all hit walls at some point in these games, perhaps if you post footage from your matches people can help you.

Delete FANG from the game.
As a FANG player, I can understand the hate.

But there's one thing you need to realize. Either you come to FANG or FANG comes to you. And FANG is at a severe disadvantage when he has to come to you.

If you have a fireball, use it. If you have a move that has armor and can break through his traps, use it.

But there's one thing you need to realize. Either you come to FANG or FANG comes to you. And FANG is at a severe disadvantage when he has to come to you.

If you have a fireball, use it. If you have a move that has armor and can break through his traps, use it.
His Ex Ball is about the only semi safe way in that I've found

Alchemist

That's my issue. I tend to play much more aggressive against him which leads to mistakes..

The screen almost always being covered in purple just makes him that much more annoying to fight imo.

That's my issue. I tend to play much more aggressive against him which leads to mistakes..

The screen almost always being covered in purple just makes him that much more annoying to fight imo.
Which character do you use? I can give some more matchup specific advice.

And 1 bit of general advice is to just ignore his V-skill poison. The slow blob that has no hitstun/blockstun.

Ryu hits like a truck:

sokuej.gif

My health...

Another Sim question: is there a noticable difference between doing j.HP > c.MP > M.Flame after instant-air Yoga teleport instead of j.HP > b.MK > M.Flame? I seem to have a lot less trouble doing c.MP but both Sabin and Champ use b.MK so I wanted to know if it was just a preference
Crouching HP does slighty more damage, back MK is for when you want to have a little more reach in case (for example) the opponent moved in the middle of your teleport shenanigans.

Rektash

Did they change anything about online play? Haven't played much the past week and came back to what feels like old schools SF IV like delay in games with moves coming out ages after I actually input them.

Durden77

I had a dream last night that I was playing Guile in SFV. He was...so fucking cool...

His regular costume was just an awesome more detailed version of Guile. His alternate costume was weird as fuck and he was like bald but had spikes grafted onto his head that kind of looked like his regular hair.

Whales

Banned

lol I was playing a fang on ranked last time and I felt bad for him, wakeup DP ruined every of his setups and I would just fullscreen tatsu him when he tried throwing poison at me

He worked so hard and yet still lost

Rektash

Did they change anything about online play? Haven't played much the past week and came back to what feels like old schools SF IV like delay in games with moves coming out ages after I actually input them.

Nvm, just fought against like 5 bad connection players in a row it seems. Everything back to normal now.

Zyrox

Said I was making decent progress before, but now I'm on a 10+ game losing streak. Dropped 2 ranks and almost lost 1000 points. All my accomplishments from yesterday gone. Feelsbadman.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom