• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

rec0ded1

When it's a shitty connection does only one player feel it? Because it feels like I'm in a slide show and rollback hell while the other player is pulling off all their stuff perfectly.

Renekton

I play Sim so his normals are going to beat mine.

His spinning mixers keep pressure on me.

The only thing I can think that I could punish is his flying air kick thing
Record training dummy Rashid to perform LP mixer -> standing LK.

You then try to do standing LP after blocking the mixer, if his LK counterhits you then you are slightly late.

When it's a shitty connection does only one player feel it? Because it feels like I'm in a slide show and rollback hell while the other player is pulling off all their stuff perfectly.

Yes, one player would be repeatedly playing catch up while the other looks flawless. Happened to Art and JWong really early in the game's life while streaming each other playing and their captures looked completely different.

HiResDes

Man I started playing drunk and I'm having such a fine time losing...I'm hitting some combos I don't normally hit, but man my anti air timing and everything footsie related goes to shit.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.

FluxWaveZ

http://sfv.fightinggame.community got updated again and now seems to be pulling stats correctly.

One neat feature is that you can now filter by league. For example, you can search only for match results from Gold league and above, which should give you a better idea on character match-up stats since you're filtering out the players who don't really know much about the game.

Awesome. I can't believe Capcom themselves don't have something like this for the game; this is great.

Overall win rate is now 61% for me; better than it was the last time my data was updated.

I don't have any sub-50% win rates against any character; my best is 76% vs. Alex and my worst is Dhalsim and Vega at 52%.

Edgeward

lol well vtrigger is the only reliable AA I got and couple that with super and you got some great comeback potential.

I play Sim so his normals are going to beat mine.

His spinning mixers keep pressure on me.

The only thing I can think that I could punish is his flying air kick thing

His fastest spinning mixer is -2 so unless he does ex right after (and some online Rashids will do that) you can jab out to regain the advantage.

Edgeward

Anyone will fall for it after getting poked to death in the corner, I find most people get annoyed by it so much that they forget the meter situation and it leads to easy damage.

Well you can see how many times I let myself get hit by the powerbomb after the anti air reset, even though I figured it out by the 3rd game >_< I still kept falling for it. Guaranteed damage

wrongway

hahahaha, that feeling when you escape the Mika bullshit blender and immediately drop your super combo. I am so good at video games :D

Anyone will fall for it after getting poked to death in the corner, I find most people get annoyed by it so much that they forget the meter situation and it leads to easy damage.

Well you can see how many times I let myself get hit by the powerbomb after the anti air reset, even though I figured it out by the 3rd game >_< I still kept falling for it. Guaranteed damage

I'm either going to fHP or Powerbomb when I AA you.

HiResDes

we gotta play some time Des

I'm so ass breh went from SIlver to Super Bronze in a day last week and quit for a while, but now I'm having with Cammy again and I ranked up ten straight wins feel like a smurf when I'm in bronze but now good enough to go against the high silver and gold players. I gotta say I fucking hate playing against Alex in this game, dude is so boring and I kinda think he's ass right now.

hwateber

Korean esports production value is unmatched. These commentators are pretty bad though. Constantly talking over each other and droning on and on before forming a coherent thought. At one point a grab was whiffed and the guy said he missed a link. Smh

wrongway

Dude, did Capcom actually manage to fix something? Matchmaking is fantastic tonight. I don't think I've waited longer than 20 seconds for a game and I only have Casual queue turned on. I haven't seen it this fast since the last beta. Most games have been pretty smooth too. The matchmaker did send me my first Silver players though. Starting to catch a glimpse of people who have some understanding of the game and it's a little scary. :O

...also, uh... embarrassing question. How do you respond to a command grab on your wakeup? I should know this by now but nobody's ever really done it to me before. Seems I can't grab out of it like a normal grab, and I can't seem to get my EX Ressenha reversal to come out (though my inputs are awful so that doesn't necessarily mean anything). If I hold up on wakeup, can I get off the ground in time to avoid the grab?

mbpm1

...also, uh... embarrassing question. How do you respond to a command grab on your wakeup? I should know this by now but nobody's ever really done it to me before. Seems I can't grab out of it like a normal grab, and I can't seem to get my EX Ressenha reversal to come out (though my inputs are awful so that doesn't necessarily mean anything). If I hold up on wakeup, can I get off the ground in time to avoid the grab?

Your EX Rassena would beat the grab if you did it as soon as possible.

A jump or a backdash would also avoid the grab.

Alucrid

Banned
Dude, did Capcom actually manage to fix something? Matchmaking is fantastic tonight. I don't think I've waited longer than 20 seconds for a game and I only have Casual queue turned on. I haven't seen it this fast since the last beta. Most games have been pretty smooth too. The matchmaker did send me my first Silver players though. Starting to catch a glimpse of people who have some understanding of the game and it's a little scary. :O

fucking mash the shit out of the lp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom