• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
PC users do you get an error after closing out the game, some weird reference memory error, and windows have no error report for it, maybe the game has some kinda of leak, it's happening to my friend and he has 32gb of memory, all i got is 8gb..

vg260

PC users do you get an error after closing out the game, some weird reference memory error, and windows have no error report for it, maybe the game has some kinda of leak, it's happening to my friend and he has 32gb of memory, all i got is 8gb..

Yes, but not every time. Others have noted this too.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Yup. It comes and goes, no idea why.

I love WNF, but I'm biased since I go from time to time. I haven't watched ultrachentv in a while, but that's another one I enjoyed.
WNF is so good. I'm an east coaster but right now I prefer it to NLB which is also great. The commentary on WNF is super solid and everyone's a character (in a good way).

Anyway forgot about ultrachen. Will have to check them out again.

Mr. X

I have.

Baleoce

Ryu vs Mika. Any hints for Ryu?

Atm, i'm trying to just keep her out with a fireball game, baiting jump ins. Having trouble when she gets up close. When I get a knock down I do try to abuse her lack of wake up options. I think it's mostly when she starts her mix up / frame trap stuff that I get muddled.

Trickster

Atm, i'm trying to just keep her out with a fireball game, baiting jump ins. Having trouble when she gets up close. When I get a knock down I do try to abuse her lack of wake up options. I think it's mostly when she starts her mix up / frame trap stuff that I get muddled.

Don't follow here into a corner, since if you do, 1 mistake and she'll have you right where she wants you. So try and fight the middle of the stages, and if the mika is staying at range, just be happy chugging fireballs all day.

If she starts a charged.hk, neutral jump -> huge punish, or parry -> huge punish, or just hit it out of the air ( since it's shit ).

Jumpin? Shoryuken or parry -> punish.

Always be ready to shoryuken after a fireball if the Mika jumps towards you.

Don't be afraid of jumping in, Mika's go to anti air is low dmg and doesn't knock you down, so her options after doing it are limited.

Also learn what combos you can do that are safe on block. I always feel like Ryu's I fight just spam those all day, and if I dare press a button it leads to a knockdown + combo taken.

The slide is not really very good though? It's hugely unsafe and can be punished if you try to use it to slide under Nash's projectiles.
I think the only time I have ever not been punished using the slide is because they were just landing after being airborne. Every single other situation gets punished.

mbpm1

I'm sure this has been addressed a bunch but what are everyone's favorite regular "shows" for this game? I'm enjoying WNF, Pro Talk, Next Level and Daigo TV. Any other good things I'm missing? Is there still a NorCal show?

I watch Aris' show (avoidingthepuddle live) too for some casual perspective and humour and the Daily Dot show is also nice sometimes

FluxWaveZ

Whoa, Nash's dash is immediate! I was totally anticipating that dash > throw and I couldn't even react. I should do it before I even see him dashing in.

I got decimated by Flux yesterday so I'm not sure how helpful I can be. Besides all the basic thing that you're suppose to do the one thing I want to stress is that you have to keep your cool when playing her. She gets me so fucking salty that I go full scrub against her. I'd like to do it again with Flux another time just to see if I've learned anything from our last set. I got hit by way too much because I was mashing, back dashing, holding up, whiffing normals, and so on. Or maybe I'll never learn because the first time I get command grabbed and then have my mashed SRK blocked I'll just be seeing red the rest of the set.

Ryu hits like a truck:

sokuej.gif

My health...

The new Welcome to USA gif

Can someone explain the process of ragequitting to me?
Like, what are they doing, quitting out of the game completely?
Because it seems so instant.

LegendX48

Haven't played the PS4 version in a while... and it immediately matches me up against a Silver Karin with a full 1k LP above me @_@

Why you keep doing this to me, game? Why?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom