• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
Said I was making decent progress before, but now I'm on a 10+ game losing streak. Dropped 2 ranks and almost lost 1000 points. All my accomplishments from yesterday gone. Feelsbadman.png

i feel you. i've been getting 1 game away from silver, then dropping back 400 points, then 1 game from silver, then back down 400...

Trickster

Ryu hits like a truck:

sokuej.gif

My health...

I just realized that Ryu's fucking super does stun in v-trigger mode.

Rektash

So, what is this new patch fixing?

There is no info on when the next patch is gonna come out or what will be fixed.

Capcom is gonna Capcom.

It is actually kind of depressing to see just how bad they are at communicating pretty much anything to their fanbase.

FACE

Banned
Ryu hits like a truck:

https://a.pomf.cat/sokuej.gif[IMG]

My health... [IMG]https://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/emoticons/v1/58765/2.0[IMG]

Crouching HP does slighty more damage, back MK is for when you want to have a little more reach in case (for example) the opponent moved in the middle of your teleport shenanigans.[/QUOTE]

That's 60% welcome to the USA

[quote="Trickster, post: 200621272"]I just realized that Ryu's fucking super does stun in v-trigger mode.[/QUOTE]

It does and it is fantastic.

I just realized that Ryu's fucking super does stun in v-trigger mode.

Damn right it should. He even calls it something different, too.

Gotdamn..

Notice this day 1, it's why i consider Ryu the best character in the game..

I dunno if I'd consider Ryu the best in the game, but a stun class Ryu is dangerous. It DOES require either lower health or good usage of the parry to get that v-gauge up, along with a lot of resources (which, for some Ryu's, isn't too big of a deal, but you could potentially be ending rounds sooner with an ex move over the regular version), but if you put in that work getting their stun gauge to the limit, it's a done deal.

Cammy and Karin.
With Karin, it's pretty much 95% spacing. There's a perfect space that you can keep between FANG where none of his normals can reach you (at least none that can combo into anything) and you can just dash in and hit the crap out of him. When you hit the crap out of him, just keep at it. FANG has absolute shit wakeup options, and his best 2 are either V-Reversal, or EX Dash, which can be thrown.

As Cammy, it's something similar in that once you get in, you need to stay in. But you can use your EX divekick, or your EX moves to get in on him since they can ignore his trap. You can break out of a lot of his frametraps with your DP. Literally every one of them.

And lastly, his st.hk is +1 on block. His quickest move is 4 frames. If you use cr.lp with either character (both cammy and karin has a 3 frame cr.lp), you'll at worst get a trade and at best, get a counter hit.

It'll beat him if he tries to throw after wards, it'll beat him if he tries to jab as a frame trap and if he blocks then it's not costing you anything.

Pachinko

I just noticed the lineup is 12 men and 5 women.

more women pls

While I agree with you , it's still a higher proportion of women to men than any previous street fighter game.

In fact, so dire is the ratio that you'd need every single previous female fighter from every canonical SF game to show up to skew it in their favor.

(SF2)Chun Li, Cammy (FF) Poison, Maki(SFA) Rose, Sakura ,R.Mika, Juni/Juli (SF3) Elena, Ibuki, Makoto (SF4) C.Viper, Juri, Decapre (SF5) Laura.

Man, it's even sadder to write it out like that. Especially when you consider that 5/16 are already in there and that 4/16 characters are Cammy. Hopefully the story mode hints prove true and we get C.Viper / sakura for season 2. We already know about Juri and Ibuki coming this year.

What this really means is Capcom might have to create some brand new women going forward to try and even out this gender imbalance.

While I agree with you , it's still a higher proportion of women to men than any previous street fighter game.

In fact, so dire is the ratio that you'd need every single previous female fighter from every canonical SF game to show up to skew it in their favor.

(SF2)Chun Li, Cammy (FF) Poison, Maki(SFA) Rose, Sakura ,R.Mika, Juni/Juli (SF3) Elena, Ibuki, Makoto (SF4) C.Viper, Juri, Decapre (SF5) Laura.

Man, it's even sadder to write it out like that. Especially when you consider that 5/16 are already in there and that 4/16 characters are Cammy. Hopefully the story mode hints prove true and we get C.Viper / sakura for season 2. We already know about Juri and Ibuki coming this year.

What this really means is Capcom might have to create some brand new women going forward to try and even out this gender imbalance.
omg

yeah, hopefully they will add some brand new characters in the next season pass.

Holy fucking shit if this game matches me against someone 2000lp higher than me one more time

Edit: And I get matched with another one as soon as I posted this, a Karin, and I somehow managed to win

Thank you both! I'm currently at 160k, because I completed the "Story" mode. So i can buy one character and the others will stay locked for me forever :(
You can do Survival and the Trials/demonstrations for some quick FM. Also they'll be adding Daily Challenges in the near future as a way of getting some extra FM.
lol I was playing a fang on ranked last time and I felt bad for him, wakeup DP ruined every of his setups and I would just fullscreen tatsu him when he tried throwing poison at me

He worked so hard and yet still lost
Freaking Ryu man. Ryu is an even worse matchup for him than Necalli and that's saying something.

Syntsui

There is no info on when the next patch is gonna come out or what will be fixed.

Capcom is gonna Capcom.

It is actually kind of depressing to see just how bad they are at communicating pretty much anything to their fanbase.
My game just updated, wtf?

BadWolf

That's just sad and they made things even worse with SFV since they introduced only 1 new female character with 3 new male.

I'm sure this has been addressed a bunch but what are everyone's favorite regular "shows" for this game? I'm enjoying WNF, Pro Talk, Next Level and Daigo TV. Any other good things I'm missing? Is there still a NorCal show?
I love WNF, but I'm biased since I go from time to time. I haven't watched ultrachentv in a while, but that's another one I enjoyed.
Holy shit that's awesome lol.

-----
I feel bad in the Nash-Gief MU. I just stay back, chucking Booms and anti-airing, and the Gief has no chance of winning unless I majorly screw up.
Yeah Gief has to play extremely patient and smart...well I guess that's how he has to play in pretty much every game, haha.

Holy shit that's awesome lol.

-----
I feel bad in the Nash-Gief MU. I just stay back, chucking Booms and anti-airing, and the Gief has no chance of winning unless I majorly screw up.

Gief was a mistake, taking away his greenhand just wrecks his ability to rush down...too late to give him the GH, but i would like if they made his Flex free against projectiles, no gray life..

TacosNSalsa

Panic (since he was a strong player) and I guessed wrong trying to prevent a throw / frame trap mix-up since I was approaching the corner.

I just ask cause as a Ryu main I catch people with this an awful lot. Forward throw +F.Fierce is the easiest meaty in the game, as far as I'm aware, especially if the opponent doesn't have a 3 frame normal.

Turns out my purchase of this game has been a complete waste of money so far due to this game consistently crashes every 10 minutes if you have a Wacom tablet, Sort your shit out, Capcom.

Are you all playing with the DS4 or with a fight stick? I only have a DS4 but I think the analog sticks are not fine enough for it.
If I'm lazy and don't want to get out of bed then I play with the DS4, otherwise I use one of my Fighting Commander controllers (FC4 or regular FC).

But I would never dream of using the DS4 sticks. I have no clue how people play like that.

Xeteh

Are you all playing with the DS4 or with a fight stick? I only have a DS4 but I think the analog sticks are not fine enough for it.

DS4 but I use the dpad.

I keep bouncing around the idea of buying a stick or buying a fight pad but I'm pretty sure my execution problems are more in my head than on my equipment so I keep holding off on spending money.

Because she doesn't have enough frills normally.

Wonder if they'll actually ever give her a maskless costume.

I really hate the frilly parts on her two costumes. I don't know why but they bug me.

FluxWaveZ

Searching for mods for the first time, I go to YouTube and type in "r mika mod." First video I'm greeted with is a nude R Mika video, so obviously I click on it.

My innocent eyes. It actually *looks* decent, too.

I keep bouncing around the idea of buying a stick or buying a fight pad but I'm pretty sure my execution problems are more in my head than on my equipment so I keep holding off on spending money.

I feel the same way. The coordination of your inputs is really the most important part and quite unusual for most games. Maybe that's why I suck so hard in this game :D But it's also motivating me, because I think I can do better than this :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom