• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 10 and a half hours to create a Cammy mesh mod from scratch for coursework that's due at 9am

CokuJ1N.gif

Ryu hits like a truck:

My health...

Ryu's highest stun combo is actually the same you got hit by in the end, but it has to be done in V Trigger mode, j. HP has to be a CH, and it has to end with Denjin. 832 stun(can any other character beat this no matter how situational it is?) and 556 damage. Pray you never get hit by that, a simple throw will stun most of the cast at that point and the follow up combo will amount to a max of 929 damage. It's fun to bring up that hypothetical situation, but I doubt we'll ever see that done in a real match on stream during a big event, maybe ever.

LegendX48

so I'm learning now that Ryu's shoryuken (not sure which version) can basically cancel himself out of hitstun and interrupt Laura's critical art...

What?

Ferrio

Banned
so I'm learning now that Ryu's shoryuken (not sure which version) can basically cancel himself out of hitstun and interrupt Laura's critical art...

What?

If they combo it correctly you're not dping outta it. If they mess up the cancel or do it raw, ya dp will beat it.

LegendX48

Stopped playing Ranked and went to casuals and immediately got matched up wit Rhyllis, a Super Platinum F.A.N.G.

I'm sure he laughed at me when I picked rematch cause he opted out.

FluxWaveZ

Stopped playing Ranked and went to casuals and immediately got matched up wit Rhyllis, a Super Platinum F.A.N.G.

I'm sure he laughed at me when I picked rematch cause he opted out.

Doubt he laughed at you, unless he has a superiority complex. I'll rarely opt to play a second match if the player I'm up against is significantly lower in skill level to me in Ranked/Casual.

Xeteh

I swear, some of the hardest trials for me are the light hit combos. Cammy's 4th is j.lk, c.lk, c.lp, h.spiral

Super easy and all but man, comboing multiple lights is my bane.

When your come-back is DENIED!...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q40_AdLDPaU

because you were too stupid to go for another mix-up instead of going for the winning ex wingplane because you don't play the character enough...
;__;

That was a really good comeback regardless. Did you go for the EX wingless and drop it or did you choose not to?

LegendX48

I swear, some of the hardest trials for me are the light hit combos. Cammy's 4th is j.lk, c.lk, c.lp, h.spiral

Super easy and all but man, comboing multiple lights is my bane.

It's a good thing to learn though. I constantly relied on mediums and that got me punished all the time, and it still does. Throwing out a light is far safer, and faster, and if you can combo off of it, even better!

Shito

That was a really good comeback regardless. Did you go for the EX wingless and drop it or did you choose not to?
I totally forgot about it tbh, it's only after watching the replay that I facepalmed myself haha.
I rarely play Mika, putting nearly all of my time in Laura, so I don't have all the proper habits ingrained in me yet. Still, that one will teach me good I hope! ^^

Xeteh

It's a good thing to learn though. I constantly relied on mediums and that got me punished all the time, and it still does. Throwing out a light is far safer, and faster, and if you can combo off of it, even better!

Yeah, I know. I think its because its so much faster to combo than even mediums are that throws me off.

How do you find the d-pad on this compared to the DS4?

Much better. More springy. During the betas, on the DS4 pad I was dropping specials because I couldn't roll all way and so the diagonals didn't register, and it was more tough on the fingers. This D-Pad is sturdier, and more springy, and the diagonals register 99% of the time, when my fingers randomly spaz out lol

Xeteh

So who do you guys think has the best V-Trigger? Aside from Necalli of course.

My top 3 V-Triggers:

1. Chun-Li
2. R.Mika
3. M. Bison

As someone who isn't very good, take it with a grain of salt.

Necalli CAN'T IGNORE, TOO GOOD
Chun Li
Bison
Nash/Mika

I love Cammy's in theory but with only two uses it makes me sad.

/r/Streetfighter is a pretty worthless place to share tech. Post a video full of information about a specific set-up and all of the relevant character/meter specific escape options, and every other reply you get is pretty much "so what good is this if there are escape options."

Only thing I really like about /r/streetfighter are the Gief's Gym posts. Other than that things get swallowed up by people posting videos of replays or other crap. I saw your thread there the other day and yeah... saw the replies too.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
/r/Streetfighter is a pretty worthless place to share tech. Post a video full of information about a specific set-up and all of the relevant character/meter specific escape options, and every other reply you get is pretty much "so what good is this if there are escape options."

Shito

Is this about your Mika video?
Was a bit busy when discovering it yesterday to answer your post, but i really liked it! Really well put together, and I learnt quite a few things out of it.
Don't let stupid Reddit pull you down, you did a great job there!

I mean... reddit in general :p

Xeteh

Heh :p

I'm looking at character designs + how Cammy's doesn't really fit with her interests or her occupation, so I'm doing an outfit based on a cross between new Lara and Maya from Zero Dark Thirty.

I like it. Cammy has been my favorite SF character for years but I can't wait for the day she discovers pants.

Made a battle lounge if anyone wants to join.

US West coast, CFN: LegendX48 Password: 2288

You wrecked me in that mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom