• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendX48

WHATEVER IT WORKED!

Damn, IDK how to fight Alex. That first match was a fluke.

I'm still trying to figure him out myself. Also, iirc, unless it was changed in the patch, when Cammy is in V-Trigger and her spiral arrow is blocked, she can go immediately into a cannon spike. There's no recovery if I remember right

Xeteh

I'm still trying to figure him out myself. Also, iirc, unless it was changed in the patch, when Cammy is in V-Trigger and her spiral arrow is blocked, she can go immediately into a cannon spike. There's no recovery if I remember right

RAAAAAGEQUI---, we lost connection.

And by we I mean I lost connection to CFN.

Much better. More springy. During the betas, on the DS4 pad I was dropping specials because I couldn't roll all way and so the diagonals didn't register, and it was more tough on the fingers. This D-Pad is sturdier, and more springy, and the diagonals register 99% of the time, when my fingers randomly spaz out lol

lol, nice. Thanks. Haven't been able to get much info on this pad compared to the pro version.

I fucked them up a little and they're not mapped yet but... they work, so meh
MC9XlZs.png

hamchan

So I just got my cheap PS4 version from Amazon and I have to say the input lag feels nuts compared to what I'm used to on PC. I'm also using a PS3 TE Round 2 as a legacy controller too which doesn't help.

So I just got my cheap PS4 version from Amazon and I have to say the input lag feels nuts compared to what I'm used to on PC. I'm also using a PS3 TE Round 2 as a legacy controller too which doesn't help.
game is unplayable to me with legacy controller. ive tried it and said nope.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Does anybody else feel stuck in the 900-1200 BP purgatory? Get to 1200 and only play people with 1800-2000 BP, once you're down to 900 then you get opponents with 500-700 BP.

What I gather out of this is that theres a jump in skillset, but it shouldn't be that large. Its basically people who dont even block vs people who can do every single combo in the game

Xeteh

Does anybody else feel stuck in the 900-1200 BP purgatory? Get to 1200 and only play people with 1800-2000 BP, once you're down to 900 then you get opponents with 500-700 BP.

What I gather out of this is that theres a jump in skillset, but it shouldn't be that large. Its basically people who dont even block vs people who can do every single combo in the game

Yes and no.

I don't play a ton of ranked. I've been around 700-800 LP for a while. I play people in lounges that are ~1500 and while I lose most matches, I'm competitive. The problem with this bracket is there are people who are trying to abuse mechanics to get points or people trying to learn. For people who aren't good enough, this low bracket is a struggle.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Yes and no.

I don't play a ton of ranked. I've been around 700-800 LP for a while. I play people in lounges that are ~1500 and while I lose most matches, I'm competitive. The problem with this bracket is there are people who are trying to abuse mechanics to get points or people trying to learn. For people who aren't good enough, this low bracket is a struggle.

I just dont think the matchmaking code is very good. Take a look at most top ranked players (9k to 11k BP) and their last ranked fight tends to be people with 1500-4000 BP So once I get to 1200 Im basically breakfast for players with 5x my skill. Its some dwarfs fortress difficulty scaling all of a sudden

Xeteh

I just dont think the matchmaking code is very good. Take a look at most top ranked players (9k to 11k BP) and their last ranked fight tends to be people with 1500-4000 BP So once I get to 1200 Im basically breakfast for players with 5x my skill. Its some dwarfs fortress difficulty scaling all of a sudden

Well yeah, that is an obvious problem... but you're talking about the top ~10%. Right now my garbage ass is ranked like ~170k. Top players are anywhere around <5k.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.

If the top players could only play against people near their LP level, they'd be waiting forever.

Matchmaking has to settle on whoever else happens to be searching at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom