• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Door rings as soon as I start a match in casual, I run to open it, come back and see the guy literally just didn't care I was obviously AFK and perfect KOed me.

He also wins round 2 cuz I was pissed. Then I get the rematch, beat his ass pretty easily, and as I ready for the last game he quits.

I'm salty, I wanted to beat him down some more :I
Why get so worked up over casual?

Skilletor

Door rings as soon as I start a match in casual, I run to open it, come back and see the guy literally just didn't care I was obviously AFK and perfect KOed me.

He also wins round 2 cuz I was pissed. Then I get the rematch, beat his ass pretty easily, and as I ready for the last game he quits.

I'm salty, I wanted to beat him down some more :I

I beat up AFK players without guilt.

Ain't nobody got time to see if you're coming back or just got distracted for a second. :p

qcf x2

Because if he didn't have good normals and health, he'd suck ass. Akuma has way more options than Zangief does if we're using your example. Fireballs, uppercuts, tatsus, mobility, teleports.

His super should be one frame because it'd be near useless otherwise. Zangief isn't going to be comboing you very much.

His super isn't much different from any other good reversal move, except that he needs 100% of his meter to do it. Pretty easy to bait out if people are just mashing against you when going for resets.

Also, don't press anything when you land. Then, when you don't quickrise, which is pretty obvious, then hold d/b to block.
Except you can block every good reversal move if you reset and chill, and you can hit/trade with/jump out of the ones you can't block. So it's really not like them at all, because they have start up.

3P does quick rise though. And 3K is back roll recovery.

Then why is down ALSO quick rise and why is it not toggle-able?

mbpm1

I'm very polite. I will wait for you if you are afk

also tbh i do it bc the last time i beat up an afk person he dc'd at the last second and I got no points

If we tie we both lose points at least

Skilletor

Except you can block every good reversal move, and you can hit/trade with/jump out of the ones you can't block. So it's really not like them at all, because they have start up.

Then why is down ALSO quick rise and why is it not toggle-able?

/shrug

Yes, you can block them, but you can't jump out of an SRK, and you can out of Gief's super. So, yeah, similar. Not 100%, but also, he needs that super because it would be awful if you could jump out of it like you can other grapplers supers. Maybe if it wasn't a 720 it should have a bit more startup.

He needs it. Otherwise it would be pretty useless. You have to fight a grappler different than a shoto when they have meter. What's the issue?

Mr. X

Why is Chun Li top 3 in almost SF every game she's in? USFIV being the most glaring exception I think.
Only Alpha 2 and 3S, she been mid in everything else.

Why complain about Gief's anything? The character is so strange, he is all reads seemingly. It's fun in a masochist way.

FluxWaveZ

You know what. Necalli has:

- A DP.
- A divekick.
- A command grab.
- Great movement.
- One of the best, if not the best V-Triggers in the game.
- Good health.
- Great damage output.
- Basically a fireball.
- An overhead.
- Good normals.

That is all.

I usually will hit an afk person once, with the lightest attack possible (like a soda can) and wait. I'm not going to lose points just because you aren't there.

SephLuis

- A DP.
- A divekick.
- A command grab.
- Great movement.
- Good health.
- Great damage output.
- Basically a fireball.
- An overhead.
- Good normals.

That is all.

And great frame traps. A lot of them.

Mr. X

Why wouldn't you consider SFXT an SF game? It's not a Tekken game for sure.
It's neither. I don't think of crossovers when saying X is y in sf titles. Besides that, Chun been in a lot of those and wasn't top tier or was bad which doesn't help the statement either.

It's neither. I don't think of crossovers when saying X is y in sf titles. Besides that, Chun been in a lot of those and wasn't top tier or was bad which doesn't help the statement either.

SFXT is basically a tweaked SF4 tho, unlike something like UMVC3. It all comes down to opinion I guess.

KingBroly

Banned
After finishing FANG's trials, I hate him with a burning passion.

I figured out that for cr(X) xX charge P has to be rolled back and then jammed forward to come out. I'm guessing it's the same for other charge moves as well, but fuck is it annoying shit.

Rashid's final 3 were...eh...really comes down to knowing when to attack instead of mashing the shit out of buttons.

Birdie's final 5 were...not bad. Not really good, either. But they seem practical enough to be viable.

Still need to finish Ken (1), Vega (5) and Bison (4).

qcf x2

/shrug

Yes, you can block them, but you can't jump out of an SRK, and you can out of Gief's super. So, yeah, similar. Not 100%, but also, he needs that super because it would be awful if you could jump out of it like you can other grapplers supers. Maybe if it wasn't a 720 it should have a bit more startup.

He needs it. Otherwise it would be pretty useless. You have to fight a grappler different than a shoto when they have meter. What's the issue?

Not sure if you're saying you can or cannot jump out of his super. How do you jump out of a 1f super?

Ryce

What are you having trouble with?
Everyone's last three trials, pretty much. I can luck my way through most of the trials after a bunch of attempts, but I'm completely hopeless towards the end. The Street Fighter combo system doesn't really click with me.

Why does Alex's subtitles not match his speech? I'm sure it'll be fixed in the April patch, but doesn't this make him the only character like this?

Xeteh

Everyone's last three trials, pretty much. I can luck my way through most of the trials after a bunch of attempts, but I'm completely hopeless towards the end. The Street Fighter combo system doesn't really click with me.

Best advice I can give is just break the combos down in to parts and work on doing those successfully. Once you get that, you can put them together. Ken's 10th was troublesome for me because I was mashing out the inputs and doing DPs instead of Hados. I just started doing the last half of the combo until I figured out how to do it and managed to finish the trial.

SF's combos are all timing, it can be hard to get used to (I'm still not) but if you keep at it you'll get it.

Baleoce

I've started just playing the third strike soundtrack in other fighting games now. Something about it is both relaxing and motivating.

mbpm1

I know a matchup is in my favor if I'm beating considerably higher lp players than me lol

Beat a super gold for the first time though! Yaaay

Xeteh

Oh man now that I can sorrrrt of SPD I'm having a blast with Gief. He's so goofy.

Keep at it, I had a shitload of trouble with the SPD motion in SFIV and I got better with practice. I finished Gief's normal survival by pretty much spamming his flying knee (f.mk) in to SPD over and over. The fun stuff comes from hiding the input in things like dashes forward.

Doing a circle motion from back all the way to upforward and hitting a punch as soon as Gief jumps is an easy way to get a fast air SPD too

LakeEarth

- A DP.
- A divekick.
- A command grab.
- Great movement.
- Good health.
- Great damage output.
- Basically a fireball.
- An overhead.
- Good normals.

That is all.
You had me until good normals. While useful, they're very stubby.

Though having a command throw and a DP is pretty amazing. Makes wake up command throw viable since lots of people expect the DP.

Countless months after the fact, everything about Mika cracks me up. Ignoring her sassy CA, the fact she has a move that literally buries the opponent's face in her thonged ass
Wingless Airplane
makes me laugh every time I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom