• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Countless months after the fact, everything about Mika cracks me up. Ignoring her sassy CA, the fact she has a move that literally buries the opponent's face in her thonged ass
Wingless Airplane
makes me laugh every time I see it.
Witnessing something that is ostensibly Ono's oddly specific kink (Mika is his favorite, afterall) work its way to the final consumer product is nothing short of amazing.

Alucrid

Banned
wow. i got my first noodle bowl and got to silver rank. now i can stop caring and rank down as much as i want since i ain't ever getting gold

Xeteh

I like Cammy. Cammy's cool.

Right? She's awesome.

I love her VTrigger combos, Laura's win comment fits her perfect, she buzzes around like a bee. She should have a bee related nickname, that would be swell.

Maybe it's just maintenance. Did it specifically mention an update or just downtime?

Pretty sure its just weekly maintenance.

I'd think Capcom would want to get the word out ASAP when they have info on when any type of patch is out.

Producer

You had me until good normals. While useful, they're very stubby.

Though having a command throw and a DP is pretty amazing. Makes wake up command throw viable since lots of people expect the DP.

His command grab kinda sucks though, if he catches someone with a wakeup cmd throw the other player is respecting him to much.

You know what. Necalli has:

- A DP.
- A divekick.
- A command grab.
- Great movement.
- One of the best, if not the best V-Triggers in the game.
- Good health.
- Great damage output.
- Basically a fireball.
- An overhead.
- Good normals.

That is all.

And double the average number of Crush Counters, 4 of them, one actually being an overhead and not including the obligatory sweep for a fifth one.

Casual vs a Necalli in a set of 2. Won the first match cause he couldn't close it when I was a hit away and I Anti-air into CA to steal the win. On our second match we are 1 - 1. The round starts we exchange like 2 punches, read his EX DP, and punish with CC into CA ... *opponent disconnects.

Unsungvalorjm Shame on you, shame on you *tsk tsk

SephLuis

So then you hold forward? I feel like I've tried forward and back, and both result in failed blocks.

You have to hold forward because cross up means I changed sides

I tried to setup more cross ups now so that you would get the hang of it

Also, if you see me jump, use an anti-air. Karin has cr.HP and HP

SephLuis

Just wanted to show an agressive style because it suits Karin very well. Her attacks are made to trick the opponent defense

This time, I am jumping a lot more with cross ups

SephLuis is literally being nice enough to telegraph his cross-ups and I can't get the timing down XD

This reminds me of the Vanilla SF4 days when I was getting annihilated by cross ups and had no idea how to block them. When my cousins and I played SF games as kids, I don't think we ever actually used a cross up on each other. For some reason everybody only used light and heavy attacks on the SNES face buttons and we ignored the mediums even though they were matched to the shoulder buttons.

So yeah, for 17 years I did not know how to block a cross up and got a rude awakening when it was being used on me over and over. That Chun flip kick thingy was OP to me. But hang in there, it won't take you 17 years. It's only hard because you've never done it before. Some practice and you'll eventually find it very very easy.

mattp

Yeah, I'm the same. My reactions are poor, like throw teching is something I just have to assume that this is when they're gonna throw so I'll try to tech it.

i think teching on react is next to impossible
its all just knowing when your opponent is going to throw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom