• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

Laura's story costume looks like it wouldn't contain her if she lightly sneezed, let alone during complex fighting maneuvers. Double sided tape manufacturers have really upped their tech.

myco666

Oh god I am so trash. Seems like everyone else is learning how to play and I am just regressing back to where I started two months ago.

There's probably 0 way to determine if someone used one, especially if it's offline.

Also the survival mod > trainer.

They'll be able to tell if they start checking the scores/time on the server, should they have been saved there.

So if you do it online, the server will definitely log your time/score. Good luck faking that properly to look like a real run with a trainer. Offline is probably hard to detect though; they could see what colors you're using and use that to check their server to see if you did it online, but unless scores/times from offline eventually get uploaded if completion is detected, this is not an imminent threat.

I used it a while ago and I haven't been banned. It doesn't work with online matches either, so I don't see Capcom caring about it too much.

If people do it online, they certainly have a reason to care.

Between survival hard and hell, without factoring in level ups from the experience and FM awarded because of that, doing both with a character nets you an award of 30k FM. 30k x 17 characters = 510k FM. Depending on how much zenny ends up being sold for and how much is needed to unlock a character, this is probably $25 or so in possible lost sales. I don't think Capcom will be happy about that if people start abusing it... then again, who knows, I could be wrong.

They'll be able to tell if they start checking the scores/time on the server, should they have been saved there.

So if you do it online, the server will definitely log your time/score. Good luck faking that properly to look like a real run with a trainer. Offline is probably hard to detect though; they could see what colors you're using and use that to check their server to see if you did it online, but unless scores/times from offline eventually get uploaded if completion is detected, this is not an imminent threat.

If people do it online, they certainly have a reason to care.

Between survival hard and hell, without factoring in level ups from the experience and FM awarded because of that, doing both with a character nets you an award of 30k FM. 30k x 17 characters = 510k FM. Depending on how much zenny ends up being sold for and how much is needed to unlock a character, this is probably $25 or so in possible lost sales. I don't think Capcom will be happy about that if people start abusing it... then again, who knows, I could be wrong.

You can fake it pretty nicely, just give yourself infinite health or bar and just play it.
Also the FM well will run dry halfway through S2.

Edzi

Only 6 more Character Trials for me to finish. 5 or less on all of them. Vega, Bison, FANG, Ken, Birdie and Rashid.

Dhalsim's was definitely tricky, especially with the one you have to have to hit low on to get the most time to continue the combo. I have a hard time seeing it being viable considering how slow the move is, though. Maybe you can do it off of a Teleport?

Zangief wasn't any trouble until the final...2-3, where you had to do the insanely fast air grab. That just doesn't seem very viable to me since there's basically no room for error. I don't think I could do these at 60.

Mika's last 3 were...somewhat tricky, but I'm sure I could do one of them no problem at 60. All of them, however is a a bit trickier.

Laura's last 3 were easy. I know I can do those at 60, because I did them at 60 afterwards. :)

Necalli's last 6 only gave me trouble in that it doesn't count V-trigger starts as continuous after activated (poor/lazy programming IMO since it's not 1 string) and the fact that my stick is basically broken.

Primer: I'm doing these at 30fps for Fight Money AND so I can learn where I'm supposed to start buffering easier. It's just so I can get this stuff wired into my brain.

Huh? Wouldn't 30fps make it harder to get the inputs in?

You can fake it pretty nicely, just give yourself infinite health or bar and just play it.
Also the FM well will run dry halfway through S2.

That would help on the time, but not on the score. If you enable infinite health it counts as a perfect. Even if you select the most expensive buff every round, unless you got a constant string of 25000 full health refills, I'm pretty sure your score is going to be much higher than anyone elses on the server.

The FM well will probably run dry sure, but you can still get a good chunk cause those 17 characters right now will give you enough to buy all 6 (or you can skip buying alex if you don't like him/want him and save another 100k). Add in their FM from story/survival/trials/etc. and it'll probably stretch quite a bit further, especially if Capcom doesn't get zenny up and running before Guile comes out and people can squeeze every bit of FM out of him possible before the next free one. It's not like you could do it forever, but the amount of free content that could be gotten by abusing survival and a trainer/mod is nothing to laugh at.

Huh? Wouldn't 30fps make it harder to get the inputs in?

The game is essentially running at half speed in this state.
Since the game is slowed down, it's probably easier for him to see the visual cues of when he should hit the buttons.

That would help on the time, but not on the score. If you enable infinite health it counts as a perfect. Even if you select the most expensive buff every round, unless you got a constant string of 25000 full health refills, I'm pretty sure your score is going to be much higher than anyone elses on the server.

That's fine, just use infinite bar then, also you can boost your score pretty nicely with those double downs.
Those are pretty much all I picked when I just spammed srk with ken, your score skyrockets with those.

Alucrid

Banned
probably my favorite mika combo. nothing better than three drop kicks

PMhGc5f.gif

Hey Gaf,

just trying to get better in the game so if anybody wants to add me, I'm psn: sakinnuso, fighter id: blackbanditsho.

I main chun li. I'm not great. Love the game. want to eventually get good enough to compete. If you guys open up lobbies and want another body, feel free to add me whenever.

LegendX48

I feel like I need to rage quit at the versus screen every single time it pairs me up with someone clearly out of my league. It's like the game just has a twisted sense of humor with its matchmaking.

El Sloth

Banned
I get mileage out of Alex's dive. Throwing off people's anti-air timings mostly. It's always funny to escape the corner with it and roll all the way to the other side of the screen.

It's still a pretty solid option against fireballs of course.

Last 3 players probably thought i rage quit match i was winning, 3 disconnects from CFN sheeeeeesh time to play something else GW2 here i come..

qcf x2

Two things I will never be okay with in this game:

1. Down constituting a quick rise. It's horrible, it costs me dearly (my bad for trying to crouch block on wakeup, I guess I should press buttons?), it should be 3K or, here's a CRAZY idea: up. ::whoa::

2: Gief's super being instant and comboable and not even requiring a dash to execute on the ground. I know, he needs some advantages besides insane health and good normals, because... well, I don't know why but I'll roll with it. But my philosophy is if you have a really high utility super, it probably shouldn't be super damaging. If it's super damaging, it probably shouldn't be really high utility. If it happens to be both, your health had better suck or something (like Akuma). With that said, what crossed the line for me is learning that you can't reset the dude when he has super. He is un-resettable, because once his feet touch the ground and they mash that super nothing you do matters. That's extra cheesy.

Skilletor

Strong fundamental design.

Yep, same reason why Guile is either really good or really bad in pretty much every game.

1. Down constituting a quick rise. It's horrible, it costs me dearly (my bad for trying to crouch block on wakeup, I guess I should press buttons?), it should be 3K or, here's a CRAZY idea: up. ::whoa::

2: Gief's super being instant and comboable and not even requiring a dash to execute on the ground. I know, he needs some advantages besides insane health and good normals, because... well, I don't know why but I'll roll with it. But my philosophy is if you have a really high utility super, it probably shouldn't be super damaging. If it's super damaging, it probably shouldn't be really high utility. If it happens to be both, your health had better suck or something (like Akuma). With that said, what crossed the line for me is learning that you can't reset the dude when he has super. He is un-resettable, because once his feet touch the ground and they mash that super nothing you do matters. That's extra cheesy.

Because if he didn't have good normals and health, he'd suck ass. Akuma has way more options than Zangief does if we're using your example. Fireballs, uppercuts, tatsus, mobility, teleports.

His super should be one frame because it'd be near useless otherwise. Zangief isn't going to be comboing you very much.

His super isn't much different from any other good reversal move, except that he needs 100% of his meter to do it. Pretty easy to bait out if people are just mashing against you when going for resets.

Also, don't press anything when you land. Then, when you don't quickrise, which is pretty obvious, then hold d/b to block.

LakeEarth

1. Down constituting a quick rise. It's horrible, it costs me dearly (my bad for trying to crouch block on wakeup, I guess I should press buttons?), it should be 3K or, here's a CRAZY idea: up. ::whoa::.
3P does quick rise though. And 3K is back roll recovery.

KingBroly

Banned
The fact that you have to manually go between each resolution is the laziest POS I've ever seen.

I'd also like RivaTuner to stop resetting my graphics settings for this.

Whales

Banned
Door rings as soon as I start a match in casual, I run to open it, come back and see the guy literally just didn't care I was obviously AFK and perfect KOed me.

He also wins round 2 cuz I was pissed. Then I get the rematch, beat his ass pretty easily, and as I ready for the last game he quits.

I'm salty, I wanted to beat him down some more :I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom