• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have to be in V Trigger for this combo? What is it asking?
Yes I do. The entire combo is this:

J.HP
C.HP
V-Trigger
HP
Psycho Blast
EX DPK

Are you trying to charge the EX Double Knee? Because with his VTrigger active you don't need to charge any follow specials.
No, I only charge for Psycho Blast and then try to cancel to EX DPK by pressing the L2 button after that move.

Wait a minute... do I have to to do the actual EX DPK input (without charging ofc) to cancel to it? I've only been pressing L2 after Psycho Blast and haven't try to do all of the input.

Let me try that for a sec.

J.HP
C.HP
V-Trigger
HP
Psycho Blast
EX DPK

No, I only charge for Psycho Blast and then try to cancel to EX DPK by pressing the L2 button after that move.

Wait a minute... do I have to to do the actual EX DPK input (without charging ofc) to cancel to it? I've only been pressing L2 after Psycho Blast and haven't try to do all of the input.

In V Trigger, Bison can do EX specials from other specials without charging. BF KK will do EX Scissors from Blast as soon as you input.

J.HP
C.HP
V-Trigger
HP
Psycho Blast
EX DPK

yeah you have to do the back-to-forward as a separate motion

SephLuis

I'm bored at work so I will write about Chun.

Chun is easily Top 3/4 in a surprisingly well balanced SF title. This means she can lose and has weaknesses.

Her strength is in her normals and walk speed. She easily moves in out of her preferred range to make you whiff and eat counter hits. Her normals are mostly fast and have excellent reach. Ex Legs is a 5 frame safe on block poke that hits about stHP range, ex fireball on block feels like I'm working after a kd. V trigger is on3 of the best, combos from overhead or 3f crlp into crmk xx sbk into setups that make dps whiff or crossup and still leave her in front of you. Watch the stun bar as I run through you with these legs, fam.

Weakness? Bad jump, bad v reversal, bad v skill, bad projectile, bad vs projectiles. Chun shouldn't be throwing fireballs if isn't a crmk xx fireball, worst throw range, only slow ass reactable fHK after midscreen throws because dashing is - if you quick rise.

People are scared of iaLL for no reason. If it isn't after a crlp or stmp, hit a button. Hurtbox is texas sized. She is out of throw range after a point blanked crlp. crLP crlpx2 or crlp stmp means iaLL or bHP frame trap to catch something in start up so don't press after a blocked crLP. Like vs Cammy, take the throw, quick rise and block low afterwards.

Stop letting Chun (me) get away with V trigger overhead. I'm going for it after I push you to a very specific range, the max range where crlp will connect. I don't think her on block frames change either but because everyone gets scared I'm making Chun look like a grappler now. You can't really wait it out, it's long.

V trigger also makes fb better and let's me negate 1 projectile hit with bHP which can cancel into my own fb.

Reversal Ex Legs punishes poorly spaced whatevers and whiffed whatever. Learn the reach.

Don't jump at Chun unless projectile. sLK bHK jMP xx Legs njHK or dash unders are all bad for you, especially in v trigger.

My gtfo move is ex sbk, not v reversal.

CrMK xx fireball is tricky because 4 different projectiles and I can delay cancel crMK. Good luck. Same with bHP.

V trigger activation on Chun wakeup has a good chance of costing me my downcharge for reversal ex sbk.

Since I'm aware of what you should take advantage of, I'm trying to control the pace at all times

Mr. X, want to play someday ?

I also main Chun and I could really use some tips to improve her.

Gren

Finally got a working TV again. Disappointed that I already can't seem to find matches anymore (4-5 bar connections). I'm fine playing in lounges, but would've liked to earn whatever meager FM I could get in the process.

Hope they improve the options for Battle Lounge search settings. Wasting a lot of time waiting for the connection status icons to load when I'm only interested in 4 bars or higher.

EDIT: Thanks for the Chun tips Mr X. Trying to really learn her & I've been taking some beatings by folks going pure rush-down.

Alucrid

Banned
so the new costumes will probably hit at the end of the month with the new character and probable zenny shop implementation, right?

Vice

Anyone have an idea for a good secondary to compliment Laura? I feel I should learn another character to cover her bad matchups later on.

qcf x2

of all the possible additions/fixes Capcom could make, most of all I just want a simple, one-step method of saying "good games bro"

I'd like full/free text. If I can do it using PSN there's no reason I shouldn't be able to type in the battle lounge chat room.

What you guys don't have guile?
Kappa

I'm enjoying a near lame free fighter. I'm confident the next 2 characters will change that.

so the new costumes will probably hit at the end of the month with the new character and probable zenny shop implementation, right?

Just don't expect anything at all. That "content roadmap" never existed, and when Capcom suggests/states something, ignore it until it's real and it's there and the servers are working.

Xevren

IIRC he could only do the mixup because of a glitch that allowed the game to think he was still in the air, or something.

It still works, if you hit with ex spike while going through vtrigger you're able to hit with a normal. It's just a little harder to do cross unders but its still possible.

mbpm1

I've lost and won so many matches I wouldn't have if I had any meter awareness.

I went for throw loops against a Gief which I definitely wouldn't have done if I realized he had full meter -_-

I won but in retrospect...

I've said a runback 2/3 rank win was the best feeling in this game. Now I take it back.
Beating a lag champ is the absolute best!

Edit: brazil Stage is goat imo. All the sky blue stages, something about that color I find soothing.

Just managed to sneak in an hour or so of SF V play yesterday during my son's nap time. Didn't even managed to pull out my arcade stick, so I used the DS4 instead. Blargh....so on to the character trials (instead of online).

Cleared a couple of character trials (Nash, Bison, Chun, Ken)...then came up to Gief...only to realize that my PPP and KKK has been unbinded from the buttons. Opened up the options and couldn't see controller settings (probably might have missed it)....and I didn't wanna wait few minutes going back to the menu to get into settings blah blah blah. So, fuck it...I'm up on a DS4 without PPP and KKK.

I managed to still clear it. It wasn't really that bad in hindsight. Think I can continue to sneak in gaming time with the DS4 instead.

Oh yeah, Guile? New Guile theme is awesome!
I hope it'll be awesome

I've lost and won so many matches I wouldn't have if I had any meter awareness.

I went for throw loops against a Gief which I definitely wouldn't have done if I realized he had full meter -_-

I won but in retrospect...

That's why I think wake up Super is actually not a bad idea for characters without invincible reversals like Bison or Nash. You're so use to bullying them on wake up without any fear and their wake up super can catch you off guard. They basically get one DP in this game if they have all their meter full and we're not always going to be aware of that.

That's why I think wake up Super is actually not a bad idea for characters without invincible reversals like Bison or Nash. Your so use to bullying them on wake up without any fear and their wake up super can catch you off guard. They basically get one DP in this game if they have all their meter full and we're not always going to be aware of that.

Exactly. I wake up super maybe once in 20 games, and I usually hit my opponent with it. It's not a bad strategy.

I've always learned that it's a bad habit to wake up super, so I don't ever do it (and often get hit by it because I don't see it coming). I probably should, at least once in a while.

mbpm1

I've always learned that it's a bad habit to wake up super, so I don't ever do it (and often get hit by it because I don't see it coming). I probably should, at least once in a while.

It is a bad habit, which is why you shouldn't make it a habit. But it still is an option

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Can't wait for Guile and Rog to lame the game up. Too many dudes jumping willy nilly like the damn floor is covered in lava. I really hope Rog's cr fierce is as good as it was in 4.

LegendX48

It's actually been a good thing to do for me sometimes. Don't overdo it though. I've only really done it in like maybe 10 out of 300+ matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom