• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viable wake up options in SFV.

2P6M1Ab.gif

Basically.

I don't know how the fuck everyone inputs their shit so quickly. I miss one block and I get hit by a 12-string combo with no way out, it's fucking infuriating.

Praacticceee! Practice until those 12 hit combos feel like you are dialing-a-combo in your sleep. Then when you get those juicy hit confirms (some people rely on the sound effects of a single hit landing) follow through with the combo! Yeah!

Praacticceee! Practice until those 12 hit combos feel like you are dialing-a-combo in your sleep. Then when you get those juicy hit confirms (some people rely on the sound effects of a single hit landing) follow through with the combo! Yeah!
I just don't get how your reflexes tune to the fucking millisecond for hit confirm, for how fast this game is.

LakeEarth

Why when they get the s.hk crush counter, they just s.fp xx flash chop? Why aren't they using rushing elbow to flash chop to get the corner carry?

Just wondering, for those of you who played SF4 heavily throughout the years, are you still plink'ing? Combo said plink'ing doesn't help so I told myself I would try to weed it out. But 2 months later I'm still doing it. And it actually has had a negative affect on me sometimes. For example a hit confirm combo I'll go for a lot is st. MP, cr. MP, HK tatsu with Ryu. But I screw up the plink and get cr. LP instead and it doesn't combo into HK tatsu.

Funny thing is I find myself least likely to go for a plink when I'm going for a punish combo after a dizzy. That because I have more time to think about it and tell myself just to do it that way. Otherwise I stay on auto pilot with my button presses and keep doing it.

Guile has to be a charge character right? They wouldn't make a redundant character to Nash this early in the game (past Ryu and Ken). Or will they make him about as different as Ken is to Ryu in this game?

What if he's a hybrid and his booms are quarter circle motion but his flash kick is charge and a proper anti air, unlike Nash's?

The possibilities of what he will end up playing like is so exciting.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Guile has to be a charge character right? They wouldn't make a redundant character to Nash this early in the game (past Ryu and Ken). Or will they make him about as different as Ken is to Ryu in this game?

What if he's a hybrid and his booms are quarter circle motion but his flash kick is charge and a proper anti air, unlike Nash's?

The possibilities of what he will end up playing like is so exciting.

Combofiend has explicitly said that the reason why SF5 Nash is so different from his previous versions is so that he and Guile won't be redundant anymore.

He's sure to get some SF5-specific tweaking, but you can expect Guile to be pretty faithful to his typical design.

Anyone want to get a lobby going?

I gotta go get Mexican but I can be on in 40 minutes if you'll still be on.

I need to get my revenge anyway.

Combofiend has explicitly said that the reason why SF5 Nash is so different from his previous versions is so that he and Guile won't be redundant anymore.

He's sure to get some SF5-specific tweaking, but you can expect Guile to be pretty faithful to his typical design.
Ah that's cool. I probably won't play him (not into charge anymore) but I can't wait.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
From what I'm hearing yes, which is weird because I swear they said that the last patch fixed things. If that is still a thing it's super dumb.

I worked around it by searching for the ID through CFN, then adding the user to my Favorites list, then inviting him through Favorites instead of by ID.

:V

Sheroking

In light rollback, Necalli's cr.lp barely has an animation. I could only tell the dude I was playing was pressing it because the model flinched and Necalli went "YEUGH".

I wonder what they have in mind for him. He's going to have to get some quarter circle motoins like bison got or I don't seem him being a good fit for this game. I just want to see him already.

Just wondering, for those of you who played SF4 heavily throughout the years, are you still plink'ing? Combo said plink'ing doesn't help so I told myself I would try to weed it out. But 2 months later I'm still doing it. And it actually has had a negative affect on me sometimes. For example a hit confirm combo I'll go for a lot is st. MP, cr. MP, HK tatsu with Ryu. But I screw up the plink and get cr. LP instead and it doesn't combo into HK tatsu.

Funny thing is I find myself least likely to go for a plink when I'm going for a punish combo after a dizzy. That because I have more time to think about it and tell myself just to do it that way. Otherwise I stay on auto pilot with my button presses and keep doing it.
I never plinked in the first place because it seemed like a horrible habit to develop, but my buddy did the shit all the time and he is still doing it now. I don't know if it hurts him in any way though.
I wonder what they have in mind for him. He's going to have to get some quarter circle motoins like bison got or I don't seem him being a good fit for this game. I just want to see him already.
The only quarter circle motion he should have is his super, otherwise people are going to be pissed. The dude only has two moves.

I could see his v trigger changing him to a motion character and that would be kind of cool and possibly OP as fuck

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Double dippers, is it possible to switch back and forth between PS4 and PC with the same online profile?

I never plinked in the first place because it seemed like a horrible habit to develop, but my buddy did the shit all the time and he is still doing it now. I don't know if it hurts him in any way though.

The only quarter circle motion he should have is his super, otherwise people are going to be pissed. The dude only has two moves.

I could see his v trigger changing him to a motion character and that would be kind of cool and possibly OP as fuck

Yeah he does but they're going to have to figure out something for him or else he won't fit the tempo of this game. I'm sure he will have huge damage though if they do try and keep him as close to his previous versions as possible.

I just rqed for the first time in like 10 years. Accidentally, but it happened. Got my ass kicked by a ken, slapped my controller down on the ps4 and the thing flipped off like a light.
God damn, I was salt but I swear I didn't hit it hard. But fuck, now that happened.

LegendX48

I just rqed for the first time in like 10 years. Accidentally, but it happened. Got my ass kicked by a ken, slapped my controller down on the ps4 and the thing flipped off like a light.
God damn, I was salt but I swear I didn't hit it hard. But fuck, now that happened.

eh, wouldn't worry too much about the unintentional rq. The console though, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom