• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. X

Wait, explain it to me like I'm a baby. What does:

Mean? I'm not sure how this will affect a Chun-Li's charge.
Reversal EX SBK needs charge, if you time it a lil bit before where I would normally hit up+2k, my input gets eaten and didn't see that coming because I did it during the freeze. Now, i have no down charge and have block or jump meaty throw if I have no super.

FluxWaveZ

Reversal EX SBK needs charge, if you time it a lil bit before where I would normally hit up+2k, my input gets eaten because I didn't see that coming because I did it during the freeze. Now, i have no down charge and have block or jump meaty throw if I have no super.

I'm guessing it's like the super flash in KOF, it eats the opponent's inputs.

Ah... interesting, thanks. Definitely will keep it in mind as an answer to Chun-Li's reversal.

KingBroly

Banned
Put it this way

Ryu is thought of as a jack of all trades, but in this game he's more like a master of all trades. Above average in every category which adds up even if his strengths don't extend as high as others. Godlike anti-airs, damage conversion from solid buttons in footsies, parry game if necessary, throw tech and solid oki game, far overhead, guard break with v-trigger and damage addition, strong frame traps into damage into knockdown potentially, easy comboable super, good walk speed, great dash, etc.

Hmm...I see.

If that's the case, then it seems like Capcom basically wanted to gift Daigo EVO or their Pro Tour Finals.

But in reality, given the state the game is in, and how Ono wanted Yun/Yang to be super OP for Arcade Mode, I'm not surprised they made a character is the best at damn near everything.

peter0611

Are moves that eat up the other player's input intentional on the part of the developers (a priority system)? I see it a lot on other fighters too.

Mr. X

Are moves that eat up the other player's input intentional on the part of the developers (a priority system)? I see it a lot on other fighters too.
Yes. Super flashes vt flash are for style, if it didn't ignore inputs you'd be hit. It doesn't ignore directions, just buttons so you have time it like a reversal.

peter0611

Yeah, I saw how dumb my question was immediately after posting.

I've been mostly playing Laura because of her aesthetics, but not too big a fan of her gameplay design.

There's so many times I want to whiff punish someone but my normals don't reach, so I end up getting punished myself. Don't have this issue with Karin.

But once she gets in blah blah blah. Trying out Ken next

LakeEarth

Yeah sometimes I avoid using the moves which drain his v-trigger (bull head and horn) just so that his general boost will last longer. It's like X-Factor from MvC3.

Yeah sometimes I avoid using the moves which drain his v-trigger (bullhe just so that his general boost will last longer. It's like X-Factor from MvC3.

If you're on point with your normals, V Trigger will clinch the match for you. Bull Revenger does not drain meter, either, so you need to be on watch for that move even more.

Does anybody here understand how the frame data on wakeup works? I'm trying to develop a new meaty setup.

Ryu has a bunch of knockdowns that are either naturally or with a dash +20 if your opponent quick rises. Sweep, LK Tatsu, HP Shoryuken, etc.

Crouching short should have 13 total frames. 4 startup, 2 active and 7 recovery. So if I do sweep -> cLK, that should leave me +7, right?

sMP has 5 frames of startup and 3 active frames, so it should be a good meaty at that point but if I input sweep, cLK, sMP as fast as possible the MP whiffs.

What am I missing?

I know that MP shoryuken, dash is +6, and doing sMP afterward hits on the 2nd active frame which lets me combo MP into sweep.

So going from a +6 to +7 setup should hit on the third active frame right? This would allow me to link sMP into sRH on counterhit which is a great setup. What am I missing? Do whiffed normals' active frames get sucked into recovery or something?

Mr. X

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";200797918]Does anybody here understand how the frame data on wakeup works? I'm trying to develop a new meaty setup.

Ryu has a bunch of knockdowns that are either naturally or with a dash +20 if your opponent quick rises. Sweep, LK Tatsu, HP Shoryuken, etc.

Crouching short should have 13 total frames. 4 startup, 2 active and 7 recovery. So if I do sweep -> cLK, that should leave me +7, right?

sMP has 5 frames of startup and 3 active frames, so it should be a good meaty at that point but if I input sweep, cLK, sMP as fast as possible the MP whiffs.

What am I missing?

I know that MP shoryuken, dash is +6, and doing sMP afterward hits on the 2nd active frame which lets me combo MP into sweep.

So going from a +6 to +7 setup should hit on the third active frame right? This would allow me to link sMP into sRH on counterhit which is a great setup. What am I missing? Do whiffed normals' active frames get sucked into recovery or something?[/QUOTE]
Don't count the active frames. The frame data start up means hits on frame 4 i think bevause i doubt his crLK hits on frame 5. 4+7 is 11 or 5+7 is 12 since recovery is calculated on first active frame hitting.

Edit: yeah srk wiki does start up as first active frame so start up + recovery is total frames

Swarna

People are scared of iaLL for no reason. If it isn't after a crlp or stmp, hit a button. Hurtbox is texas sized. She is out of throw range after a point blanked crlp. crLP crlpx2 or crlp stmp means iaLL or bHP frame trap to catch something in start up so don't press after a blocked crLP. Like vs Cammy, take the throw, quick rise and block low afterwards.

It's not about being "scared" to do anything about it. Daigo called the move kusoge and Infiltration called it cheap for a reason. The risk-reward of stuffing this move on raw reaction (not talking about typical online Chuns who use it predictably and can easily be AA'd) is heavily skewed towards Chun's favour. It's advantaged on block and gives her a combo into super. She can choose to do it or not do it on any particular jump in. If you were expecting Chun to cross you up and you intended to air-to-air as retaliation (standard counter-action for most of the cast outside of characters like Birdie) she could mix you up with this option and stuff you completely.

It's very low commitment and at worst she takes a weak-ass 1 button punish. The level of pressure/potential pressure it creates is in the vein of Ken/Cammy's EX dive kicks or Bison's fireball. All options which require meter. This move easily puts Chun into top tier category rather than regular high tier IMO. Top Japanese/American tournament players (not online message board warriors) put her at #1 or #2 for a reason and she is unanimously on every player's top 5 list (regardless of skill level). This is something no other character can boast about.

That being said it's not all that strong, just relatively very strong in this game since most things in this game are pretty tame in offensive power. It's most effective when used sparingly/when your opponent least expects it to cash in on the free damage.

Kikirin

Don't count the active frames. The frame data start up means hits on frame 4 i think bevause i doubt his crLK hits on frame 5. 4+7 is 11 or 5+7 is 12 since recovery is calculated on first active frame hitting.

Edit: yeah srk wiki does start up as first active frame so start up + recovery is total frames

Active frames (-1 for the one included in the startup) should be counted for total move duration. The recovery is the same regardless of when the attack hits - it's the frame advantage that changes depending on which active frame connects.

Kikirin

How do you guys know the advantage of KD moves, like HP Shoryu, Sweep, etc? All the guides I see only say KD for hit advantage.

I've been using this spreadsheet which gives knockdown values for the full duration and quick rise and backwards rise. It doesn't seem to have the info for absolutely everything yet, but it's still a pretty good reference.

Mr. X

It's not about being "scared" to do anything about it. Daigo called the move kusoge and Infiltration called it cheap for a reason. The risk-reward of stuffing this move on raw reaction (not talking about typical online Chuns who use it predictably and can easily be AA'd) is heavily skewed towards Chun's favour. It's advantaged on block and gives her a combo into super. She can choose to do it or not do it on any particular jump in. If you were expecting Chun to cross you up and you intended to air-to-air as retaliation (standard counter-action for most of the cast outside of characters like Birdie) she could mix you up with this option and stuff you completely.

It's very low commitment and at worst she takes a weak-ass 1 button punish. The level of pressure/potential pressure it creates is in the vein of Ken/Cammy's EX dive kicks or Bison's fireball. All options which require meter. This move easily puts Chun into top tier category rather than regular high tier IMO. Top Japanese/American tournament players (not online message board warriors) put her at #1 or #2 for a reason and she is unanimously on every player's top 5 list (regardless of skill level). This is something no other character can boast about.

That being said it's not all that strong, just relatively very strong in this game since most things in this game are pretty tame in offensive power. It's most effective when used sparingly/when your opponent least expects it to cash in on the free damage.
Only mk iaLL is plus on block. Hard to tell which you blocked though but it hours twice on crouch block. Once is Lk iaLL and that falls faster.

A light attack AA is still an AA and stops her. Saying not enough damage is moot.

Yes the risk reward is skewed in her favor like, yes it's a good tool. Without it, she's still Top 4/5.

Imm0rt4l

Is there a psn chat? I need to play (and get bodied) some time.

Or has everyone moved onto other communication like diacord? I'm out of the loop.

FACE

Banned
Weakness? Bad jump, bad v reversal, bad v skill, bad projectile, bad vs projectiles. Chun shouldn't be throwing fireballs if isn't a crmk xx fireball, worst throw range, only slow ass reactable fHK after midscreen throws because dashing is - if you quick rise.

This is not true.

I've been using this spreadsheet which gives knockdown values for the full duration and quick rise and backwards rise. It doesn't seem to have the info for absolutely everything yet, but it's still a pretty good reference.

I prefer this one myself:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XB1GW6Lk6yK176Nm8_l3cSxPowWxHfiRRh7qOess77E/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true#

How do you guys know the advantage of KD moves, like HP Shoryu, Sweep, etc? All the guides I see only say KD for hit advantage.

The above worksheet has KD, KDR, and KDRB. These stand for knockdown without recovery, knockdown with recovery, and knockdown with backwards recovery. You will take those numbers in those columns based on what they do when they get knocked down to get your advantage.

a logo idea I made:
rage_quit_web.jpg

DUH-DUN

KingBroly

Banned
Can anyone explain to me why I can get dashes without double tapping left or right with a stick sometimes?

It never happened in SF4, so I imagine this is some kind of secret SF5 tech...or my stick is basically shit. lol

Can anyone help me with Bison's 7th trial?

I just can't get the (HP --> Psycho Blast --> EX Double Knee Press) bit down.

No matter how much I try I just can't cancel the Psycho Blast to EX DKP if I have land a HP at first. Even when I'm training outside of the combo to get this bit down I still can't do it.

I activate V-Trigger and try (Psycho Blast -> EX DKP) without the HP at the beginning and I can do it just fine. But just as I try (HP --> Psycho Blast --> EX Double Knee Press) I can't do it and it won't cancel into EX DKP.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a trick to this?

No matter how much I try I just can't cancel the Psycho Blast to EX DKP if I have land a HP at first. Even when I'm training outside of the combo to get this bit down I still can't do it.

I activate V-Trigger and try (Psycho Blast -> EX DKP) without the HP at the beginning and I can do it just fine. But just as I try (HP --> Psycho Blast --> EX Double Knee Press) I can't do it and it won't cancel into EX DKP.

Do you have to be in V Trigger for this combo? What is it asking?

Xeteh

Are you trying to charge the EX Double Knee? Because with his VTrigger active you don't need to charge any follow specials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom