• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

The most obvious case I saw for lag switch was against a Zangief. Connection was fine, then suddenly went to shit at the exact moment he v-triggers to suck me in, then activated his CA. At least I think that's what happened, because all I saw was about 4 frames of animation during that time.

Mediking

I decided to estimate how much fight money you can get out of the game, not counting online play.

Demo videos:
Demonstrations (Beginner): 1000 FM
Demonstrations (Intermediate): 1000 FM
Demonstrations (Expert): 1000 FM

Per character:
Character Guides: 500 FM + 1000 EXP
Trials: 3000 FM + 5000 EXP
Story: 2000 FM + 5000 EXP
Survival (Easy): 2000 FM + 5000 EXP
Survival (Normal): 5000 FM + 10000 EXP
Survival (Hard): 10000 FM + 20000 EXP
Survival (Extreme): 20000 FM + 40000 EXP

Online play:
Ranked Match: 50 FM for win + EXP based on opponent's league
Casual Match: 50 FM for win + EXP based on opponent's league

Each level-up awards 1000 FM.
Completing all of a character's single-player content besides Hard + Extreme Survival raises his level to 19.
Completing all of a character's single-player content besides Extreme Survival raises his level to 24.
Not sure how much Extreme Survival would raise it to, but I'd guess it would be at least level 30.

With 17 characters, that puts the total amount of fight money to collect from single-player at about 1,235,500 FM (plus more if Extreme Survival gives enough EXP to boost a character over level 30).

Like I said before.... as someone whose kinda new to SF... this model is garbage and should die. Leveling up is flawed and pushing people to go through Survival even though its a joke is also messed up.

The Store doesn't even let you preview what Colors you're getting.

I love this game but screw this model.

I really do think Capcom should cater like crazy to the userbase whose actually playing their game and enjoying it. I already have the Season Pass but don't make Stages super expensive....

BadWolf

I really do think Capcom should cater like crazy to the userbase whose actually playing their game and enjoying it. I already have the Season Pass but don't make Stages super expensive....

It's hilarious hot pitiful the FM is for playing online matches, you would think they would want to reward the players who are sticking to the game.

I'm going to get worse at this game because Dark Souls is out

Yeah basically this. My evenings usually split 50/50 between trials / ranked and hearthstone / Dota 2, but now DSIII is making me worse at everything else.

It's hilarious hot pitiful the FM is for playing online matches, you would think they would want to reward the players who are sticking to the game.

Yeah, I really haven't gotten anywhere beyond Ultra Bronze because I'm earning FM via single player.

MadGear

No, it's not nonsense. When the match is fine and the moment you win a round or get a good life lead it suddenly goes to unplayable mess it's pretty obvious someone is being a bellend. I don't care what method is being used, it's the same end result.

So you don't care what method is used but still put the blame on the PC community because of one known but unreliable exploit. FYI for me most of the few matches with either permanent or sudden very pronounced lag issues are with players on the PS4. If people want to cheat they always find a way on whatever platform they are playing on.
With the exception of a few very obvious cases I don't even think that these people are necessarily cheating, issues with the netcode itself seem more likely to me.

Lol, lagswitchers are on both systems. That shit is everywhere in every game.

And the model itself isn't that bad, it's that the current content isn't enough to compliment itself. You want us to get to level 50 with our characters for the last color? Fine, but allow me to gain EXP by hitting some offline matches or training BESIDES Survival too. It's abuseable, but who cares?

And the Survival mode method of unlocking shit is super archaic. What they should do is make that shit buyable with FM and/or make it unlockable with other means. Maybe the dailies could be incorporated into it.

In fact, I think the dailies and odd AI challenge mode could help out, as would an arcade mode/cpu vs mode that isn't in training. Possibly the story mode as well depending on how they do it. But tat shit isn't coming for a while, so people are stuck grinding it out for a color or having to go through Survival to get more shit.

I don't mind it as a system, it just needs more content to compliment what it's trying to do.

It's an ecosystem sort of thing. If they up it more, there'd be no reason to trek through the rest of the shit, nor possibly push people into spending money. They want you to grind that stuff out. Problem is, offline stuff doesn't really give you all that much since there's nothing to grind in, really.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Like I said before.... as someone whose kinda new to SF... this model is garbage and should die. Leveling up is flawed and pushing people to go through Survival even though its a joke is also messed up.

The Store doesn't even let you preview what Colors you're getting.

I love this game but screw this model.

SF4 basically did it right from 2010 onward, but people bitched about that too. I guess substantial $15 expansion packs spaced two years apart were too much for some people?

Honestly they should just facilitate user-created cosmetic mods somehow and take a cut from that. Stuff the marketplace full of content that they only have to test (instead of create from scratch themselves), and then they could stand to be a little more lenient in doling out the fight money.

Mediking

SF4 basically did it right from 2010 onward, but people bitched about that too. I guess substantial $15 expansion packs spaced two years apart were too much for some people?

Honestly they should just facilitate user-created cosmetic mods somehow and take a cut from that. Stuff the marketplace full of content that they only have to test (instead of create from scratch themselves), and then they could stand to be a little more lenient in doling out the fight money.

The model isn't really fair. Only people who are actually happy with it are the FGC guys who are amazing at Street Fighter. Gootecks doesn't think Survival is flawed and I'm looking at him like.... "You really can't see how stupid this thing is?"

And again, I don't HATE the game. I actually LOVE the gameplay and the fanservice. But this stupid, horrible, unfair model is not cool.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
The model isn't really fair. Only people who are actually happy with it are the FGC guys who are amazing at Street Fighter. Gootecks doesn't think Survival is flawed and I'm looking at him like.... "You really can't see how stupid this thing is?"

And again, I don't HATE the game. I actually LOVE the gameplay and the fanservice. But this stupid, horrible, unfair model is not cool.

I don't understand why I'm being quoted here.

KingBroly

Banned
I really think Online Match FM should be given out based on your rank. The higher your rank, the more you get for a win or a loss. It rewards the dedicated players and encourages people to play Ranked more so they can get more Fight Money easily.

But, that's something you'd want to do if you want to build a Competitive Base for your e-sports game.

LakeEarth

I really think Online Match FM should be given out based on your rank. The higher your rank, the more you get for a win or a loss. It rewards the dedicated players and encourages people to play Ranked more so they can get more Fight Money easily.

But, that's something you'd want to do if you want to build a Competitive Base for your e-sports game.

Well beating a higher rank player gets you more XP, which will get you more fight money eventually, so that kind of system is kind of already there.

Although character level up FM is "finite" (can you go above lv50?), while the 50FM you get per win is not.

And the model itself isn't that bad, it's that the current content isn't enough to compliment itself. You want us to get to level 50 with our characters for the last color? Fine, but allow me to gain EXP by hitting some offline matches or training BESIDES Survival too. It's abuseable, but who cares?

And the Survival mode method of unlocking shit is super archaic. What they should do is make that shit buyable with FM and/or make it unlockable with other means. Maybe the dailies could be incorporated into it.

In fact, I think the dailies and odd AI challenge mode could help out, as would an arcade mode/cpu vs mode that isn't in training. Possibly the story mode as well depending on how they do it. But tat shit isn't coming for a while, so people are stuck grinding it out for a color or having to go through Survival to get more shit.

I don't mind it as a system, it just needs more content to compliment what it's trying to do.

It's an ecosystem sort of thing. If they up it more, there'd be no reason to trek through the rest of the shit, nor possibly push people into spending money. They want you to grind that stuff out. Problem is, offline stuff doesn't really give you all that much since there's nothing to grind in, really.

Yeah, at the very least, you should gain experience during lobby matches and offline matches. Even if it's a small minimum amount compared to online even. Most of my games are in battle lobbies cuz I get more playtime that way, but get nothign out of it for no reason whatsoever. They could implement a daily cap if needed for lobbies fights if they think it'd be abused due to it's immensely faster fight rotation. I say they set a cap of no more 1-2K fight money a day per any individual player. Hell, even if it was only a day for the mode itself plus experience points, it'd be something.

So you'd actively punish players for not being the best in the world? Seems like a terrible idea IMO.

As an aside, give me my god damn Dailies Capcom. I play the game near daily anyway, let me earn my shit.

Adding dailies and "seasons" where each month you get a FM bonus for what the highest rank you reached would be legit.

Hearthstone does it and it's great.

KingBroly

Banned
So you'd actively punish players for not being the best in the world? Seems like a terrible idea IMO.

As an aside, give me my god damn Dailies Capcom. I play the game near daily anyway, let me earn my shit.

Their idea for Fight Money was to reward dedicated players. As of now, Fight Money really does the opposite. 50 FM per win is pathetic. If you're Platinum rank, a win should net you 200 FM minimum per win.

Their idea for Fight Money was to reward dedicated players. As of now, Fight Money really does the opposite. 50 FM per win is pathetic. If you're Platinum rank, a win should net you 200 FM minimum per win.

I don't really think that's fair though. A platinum player puts in the same amount of effort to beat another platinum player as a bronze player puts in against another bronze player. Just the skill level is largely different. Someone can play the game for years and never reach silver, so why should they get less because they aren't as good as the platinum players?

Dailies would literally fix this problem. It rewards players who stick around and play a lot, but they just aren't in yet. Once they're in I would hope the FM isn't such an issue anymore.

LakeEarth

I'm not going to argue against more fight money per casual/ranked win. Right now, you need to win 2000 games for a single character (not counting character XP boosts). That's ridiculous. I still don't have the 300 ranked win achievement yet, and I feel like I play quite a bit.

I'm not going to argue against more fight money per casual/ranked win. Right now, you need to win 2000 games for a single character (not counting character XP boosts). That's ridiculous. I still don't have the 300 ranked win achievement yet, and I feel like I play quite a bit.

I think the daily challenges should fix this but knowing Capcom they will probably be worth 100 each or something. It is pretty insane the time investment currently needed to afford a character.

I haven't played League in years but does anyone know roughly how long it took in that game?

It was a while but I remember getting a few characters through IP and some were cheaper which was pretty useful.

I am at 330k FM, All story done, each character easy survival done, and 2 trials done, along with all the Demo...also 1 normal mode survival...once i hit 600k i am done getting FM from trials and survival, got no plans to buy season pass, gonna grind this crap out..

LakeEarth

I think we should just accept that new characters to always show up at the last second, and that eventually one of the character releases is going to slip into the following month. This is the company that couldn't even get Alex's character trailer out in a decent time frame.

BadWolf

I think we should just accept that new characters to always show up at the last second, and that eventually one of the character releases is going to slip into the following month. This is the company that couldn't even get Alex's character trailer out in a decent time frame.

Iirc according to the Capcom rep that posted in Alex's launch thread, that trailer was always intended to be released the day that Alex was going to be made playable, so on his launch day.

The same will probably happen with Guile.

I don't expect Guile until April 30th, but Alex's press release and screenshots going out within the first 2 weeks of March set a dangerous precedent for at least some media :(

thelastword

Banned

NO, These guys can get wins easily, they would have a huge advantage over lesser players where Fight Money is concerned. Not everybody who plays the game everyday is a platinum ranked player, your rank does not automatically determine how often you play or grind ranked matches.

There are more on PC though, it's easier to cheat on there, there's even an exploit where you alt tab to cause some slowdown for the other user. There may very well be some lag-switchers on PS4, but most of the issues I've had with PS4 players I'd chalk it mostly to wifi connections, people torrenting, netflixing or where the whole family is using the internet connection (phones, tablets, pc's) whilst "xxdynastyxx" is playing his Ryu online.

LakeEarth

Iirc according to the Capcom rep that posted in Alex's launch thread, that trailer was always intended to be released the day that Alex was going to be made playable, so on his launch day.

The same will probably happen with Guile.

Well then this time they better not push Guile to the PC version until the day of release. Otherwise, we will once again get our first taste of the character by seeing a shitty player flail around with him aimlessly instead of in a well cut trailer.

Just wondering, for those of you who played SF4 heavily throughout the years, are you still plink'ing? Combo said plink'ing doesn't help so I told myself I would try to weed it out. But 2 months later I'm still doing it. And it actually has had a negative affect on me sometimes. For example a hit confirm combo I'll go for a lot is st. MP, cr. MP, HK tatsu with Ryu. But I screw up the plink and get cr. LP instead and it doesn't combo into HK tatsu.

Funny thing is I find myself least likely to go for a plink when I'm going for a punish combo after a dizzy. That because I have more time to think about it and tell myself just to do it that way. Otherwise I stay on auto pilot with my button presses and keep doing it.

Surprisingly, stopping my plinking habits from SF4 took less time than I thought. Getting in the habit of double-tapping, though, is not working for me.

Tirael

I think why they did it is so the trailer could say "available now", rather than a date, or having to release two trailers. It makes sense, even if I don't consider it the best move.

Thanks! No ex air tatsu I belive- I went pretty systematically through his move list (though it's certainly possible that I missed something!) I used Chun because she's who I play and I was already taxed with trying to hammer out exactly how I was going to format the video, etc. The stuff I was trying to show was pretty character universal (in terms of what was punishable, etc.) and Chun was just the easiest for me to do it with. You think it'd be better to have a mix of characters?
Nah it's cool if you just use Chun for all the basic shit. It would be nice to see other characters if it involves a difficult punish that some characters may have to approach differently, or if there's just character specific stuff.

Like there's some Vega stuff that not all characters can punish, or at least I don't think they can.

raven777

Street Fighter @StreetFighter
We’re planning to roll out a system this month that will address the rage quitting issue in #SFV. More details coming soon!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
There are more on PC though, it's easier to cheat on there, there's even an exploit where you alt tab to cause some slowdown for the other user. There may very well be some lag-switchers on PS4, but most of the issues I've had with PS4 players I'd chalk it mostly to wifi connections, people torrenting, netflixing or where the whole family is using the internet connection (phones, tablets, pc's) whilst "xxdynastyxx" is playing his Ryu online.

This is 100% nonsense. PS4 users can accomplish the exact same thing by hitting the home button to go to dashboard and then back into the game. It triggers a desync state same as alt tabbing.

It's also not a "lag switch". No lag is being generated. It just transfers the rollback from 1 user to the other, because Capcom are the absolute worst. So when you get "lag switched" you are just experiencing the rollback your opponent was dealing with.

Thank the lord!
Excited for this month's patch... Guile, raqequit penalties... can we expect the zenny shop or daily challenges this month too!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom