• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I played this platinum Nash player (Donjuan) a couple days ago and beat him 2-0. We met on ranked again today and I beat him 1, he beats me 1. So it's the final game and I'm nervous, but I finally get him with a grab. He was so salty he actually RQ'd lmao. Guess I made him crack.

vulva

Ok so I played this platinum Nash player (Donjuan) a couple days ago and beat him 2-0. We met on ranked again today and I beat him 1, he beats me 1. So it's the final game and I'm nervous, but I finally get him with a grab. He was so salty he actually RQ'd lmao. Guess I made him crack.

You really like talking about how good you are

HardRojo

Lol and I asked some days ago in this thread whether Capcom would also address rage quitting in this month's update. Good to know they will.

Just wondering, for those of you who played SF4 heavily throughout the years, are you still plink'ing? Combo said plink'ing doesn't help so I told myself I would try to weed it out. But 2 months later I'm still doing it. And it actually has had a negative affect on me sometimes. For example a hit confirm combo I'll go for a lot is st. MP, cr. MP, HK tatsu with Ryu. But I screw up the plink and get cr. LP instead and it doesn't combo into HK tatsu.

Funny thing is I find myself least likely to go for a plink when I'm going for a punish combo after a dizzy. That because I have more time to think about it and tell myself just to do it that way. Otherwise I stay on auto pilot with my button presses and keep doing it.

I didn't play 4 "heavily" after SSFIV as I didn't really enjoy it as much and spent many years still playing 3S but I did plink when messing around with E. Ryu and Yun. It was an easy habit for me to drop as I didn't learn FGs with plinking. I am sure many people who started playing FGs late
(09ers)
learned to play with plinkng and thus is a harder habit to break.

Once I heard that it was out of SFV I was relieved.

BadWolf

St. LPs beeing good cross up anti airs is stupid and I hope capcom changes it.

A Ryu player was using it against me yesterday and it worked so damn well as both an anti-air and anti cross-up, to the point where he wasn't even bothering with DPs.

Luckily I was able to make a quick adjustment and screw him over thanks to the character I was using but yeah, it was very effective.

A Ryu player was using it against me yesterday and it worked so damn well as both an anti-air and anti cross-up, to the point where he wasn't even bothering with DPs.

Luckily I was able to make a quick adjustment and screw him over thanks to the character I was using but yeah, it was very effective.

I really like how jabs are good anti-airs in this game. Exceptional ones are Dhalsim, Gief, Alex, Necalli, Ryu.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
For PC players--there is a pretty incredible Alex re-model out there now that makes him look like his Third Strike iteration. Really, really well done. It even re-models his story mode costume. I *think* it's the same guy who did the Bison/Q mod.

qcf x2

I think we should just accept that new characters to always show up at the last second, and that eventually one of the character releases is going to slip into the following month. This is the company that couldn't even get Alex's character trailer out in a decent time frame.

I mean, Alex isn't even officially out, he's on loan. Anybody who didn't have the season pass will lose the character and have to purchase him when the store is working. I don't even see the point of them releasing Guile or anybody else without the store working. It's really hilarious that 2 months after release they can't figure that out.

I love announcements of announcements, especially from Capcom. I'm hype to read the posting cycle of excitement, anticipation, concern, panic and rage all over again.

or why Nash can AA with st.LP/cr.MP/cr.HP/fwd.LK/st.MK/st.HK and Laura can barely AA with st.MP smh

Her st MK is probably better than all of those buttons. I either use that or AA elbow, or if they're in close dash under or block. It's funny to see the strong AA talk, I guess it's either black or white: either you think there is way too much jumping in this game and you should lose 1/2 your health from one confirmable AA like in SF4 or you think the game is too ground based.

I like the balance.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Honestly the most infuriating part of the "You lose" screen is how fucking long it takes to tally up the XP and tell you how many LP you just lost, and it's unskippable.

Same thing is true with the victory screen, but you aren't already salty when it's happening.

qcf x2

This can't be real, right? This is a joke meant to fake-affirm my belief that this generation is soft as fuck, yes??

It looks like a joke to me, I mean it's not like this is in any way something new or exclusive to Street Fighter. Then again, outrage culture is very real today and not at all restricted to new concepts.

BadWolf

Honestly the most infuriating part of the "You lose" screen is how fucking long it takes to tally up the XP and tell you how many LP you just lost, and it's unskippable.

Same thing is true with the victory screen, but you aren't already salty when it's happening.

Win or lose I hate how long that screen takes.

It's dumb.

MadGear

I hate when my AutoHotKey bugs out and one of the keys I remapped appears as held down to SFV (somehow this only happens with SFV). I just played a match while constantly jumping since up overrides any down input in this game. A weird throwback to my earlier days.
Capcom please give me an in-game option to rebind keys already.

her st.LP is terrible as an AA. I'll give you st.MK at certain angles. St.HP is bad as well.

I wouldn't say it's terrible, but it isn't as easily reliable as some others for sure. As is everything tho, it's all about the angles. Laura's are essentially, inherently more difficult to get the exact spacing with cuz the bulk of her normals actually inches her forward some, and all to varying degrees at that (with S. MP being one of the few exceptions). Everyone can't have God tier AA's tho. As I said earlit tho, I feel ya.

How I wish there was a way to make the game sense if players are on wifi or cable.. Hate losing due to lamers on sovjet wifi.. More teleports than portal2..

And ofcourse as always when I win the first game of the evening its another rq Ken. Fuck all of em, I bet the rq patch will be an embarasment of a solution.

Durden77

Whatever it is, I hope it includes shaming those constant ragequitters with some sort of really wack ass alternate costume on some scarlet letter shit.

I always liked the idea Capcom claimed was in MvC3 but didn't actually seem to be there.

Rage quitter hell. Where rage quitters are only matched up against other rage quitters in an endless cycle of quitting.

If they could actually pull that off it would be great.

I always liked the idea Capcom claimed was in MvC3 but didn't actually seem to be there.

Rage quitter hell. Where rage quitters are only matched up against other rage quitters in an endless cycle of quitting.

Doesn't KI do that?

Xeteh

Is it, though? I feel like you'd have people justifying why they rage quit because people do it to them and they never get better about it.

qcf x2

Whatever it is, I hope it includes shaming those constant ragequitters with some sort of really wack ass alternate costume on some scarlet letter shit.

They can't do anything that would affect items customers purchase, so no forced title/costume. They COULD add a scarlet letter like you said and have them start each and every round with noodle hats.

And by could I mean they won't. Capcom will probably announce they have successfully punished 31 (!!!!) rage quitters this time.

Most sensible thing to do might be to have a karma system that has you sit in time out (aka single player only) for 15 minutes, with increases for continued abuse. But again and as always, expect absolutely nothing.

FluxWaveZ

A noodle hat would be the opposite of a good solution. That's something I would want; anything that would make players stand out in a unique way in that fashion would incentivize the behavior and make things worse.

Whatever their solution is, I don't see why they would not expose disconnect rates at the VS screen. It'd be a real handy reference, and discourage people once the secretive aspect is gone (though some of that is already lost when we've got a bunch of notorious rage quitters already).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom