• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggNife

Where's my Guile write-up/trailer/announcement of an announcement?! Anything really...

Honestly at this point I am just happy we got an acknowledgement that a patch is coming this month

I had fully assumed we wouldn't hear anything at all until May

I wonder what it'll be. A disconnect percentage like SF4?

Hopefully it's not just something like docking fight money. Pokken's rage quit penalty is that it takes away some of your in game currency but it actually doesn't affect your rank at all so people still do it.

Xeteh

Where's my Guile write-up/trailer/announcement of an announcement?! Anything really...

Yeah, that is what driving me the most nuts. I'm fine with not knowing when its happening or whatever but the fact that they haven't officially said anything about it at all blows my mind.

Well last month they "revealed" Alex on the 10th and gave an update on when it would release on the 24th. It is already the 13th and we haven't even had a preivew/write-up/screenshots of him yet.

I do understand that they are getting their footing in the game still I just hope once the store is implemented they will be quicker to release info earlier in the month instead of waiting until the last couple of days to drop content.

Mediking

Well last month they "revealed" Alex on the 10th and gave an update on when it would release on the 24th. It is already the 13th and we haven't even had a preivew/write-up/screenshots of him yet.

I do understand that they are getting their footing in the game still I just hope once the store is implemented they will be quicker to release info earlier in the month instead of waiting until the last couple of days to drop content.

Capcom.... they prolly strongly regret ever promising 1 character a month.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah... actually given the state of the game, 1 character a month actually sounds pretty damn insane, in retrospect. I'll be very impressed if they manage to pull it off.

Doesn't KI do that?

They have a jail system that sticks you in jail once you go over 15% disconnect rate. It lasts for a day but pits you against other players in jail. Every time you go to jail it increases by 24hours for a maximum of 5 days. Your profile icon also changes to show you are jail. They go back to public after that and if they rage quit again with the same DC rate they go directly back to jail. Rage quitting players get a loss.

The system had some issues but they worked to resolve some of them. Kind of interested to see what SFV decides to do.

With all the issues they are having with the game and the shop I am sure they are as well. Guile probably getting released on April 30th just so they can meet their promise.

Pompadour

I don't think the character is what's giving them an issue. The time between the blog post for Alex and Alex's actual release was clearly them trying to get the Zenny store up and running, failing, and eventually just releasing the update without it. If they can't get the Zenny store out this month either I imagine the turn around between blog post and Guile will be much shorter.

qcf x2

Yeah... actually given the state of the game, 1 character a month actually sounds pretty damn insane, in retrospect. I'll be very impressed if they manage to pull it off.

I mean, it's a safe assumption that some of these characters were well into development/testing at launch. Wasn't somebody playing Balrog in December? Probably just balancing and bug testing them for the most part. Similarly, after the first 6 mos / season 1 is over I expect development to be ongoing for the season 2 characters.

Pompadour

I mean, it's a safe assumption that some of these characters were well into development/testing at launch. Wasn't somebody playing Balrog in December? Probably just balancing and bug testing them for the most part. Similarly, after the first 6 mos / season 1 is over I expect development to be ongoing for the season 2 characters.

Right, from what looking at the continued update graphic they released they seemed to only stop releasing characters briefly for June to give more time for players to get used to DLC character #3 for Evo. Then they continue for another 3 months, giving players two months to get used to them for Capcom Cup. I'm sure the first 3 were mostly done at launch.

I-hate-u

These are probably going to be one in the same. If one isn't ready then I assume the other won't come.

They clearly said that there any future DLC character that releases prior to the Zenny shop launching will be free, so I suspect they know the Zenny store still needs much more work to be released in time for the first batch of characters.

FluxWaveZ

Wow, there's a level 51 for a character? I had achieved level 50 with Mika and my EXP was still increasing, but my EXP bar remained static so I was surprised when I just leveled up. Must have been a bug or something.

Yeah, that's true. Still, it sounds kind of ambitious, and I'm still wary of whether or not they'll meet their quota if anything post-launch was truly unexpected for them and they had to reallocate their resources along the way.

ohkay

These are probably going to be one in the same. If one isn't ready then I assume the other won't come.
Guile will probably come out regardless of whether the shop is ready since they've already lost a lot of good will from people because of the state of the game at launch, so I'd expect him to be in trial mode like Alex until the shop is ready

They clearly said that there any future DLC character that releases prior to the Zenny shop launching will be free, so I suspect they know the Zenny store still needs much more work to be released in time for the first batch of characters.

I know they said that but knowing them they are probably itching to launch the store with Guile regardless of if it is 100% ready or not. Maybe that is just me being a pessimist.

Lulubop

Pretty sure they do nity post on Thursdays, tomorrow would be the equivalent Thursday.

KingBroly

Banned
I know they said that but knowing them they are probably itching to launch the store with Guile regardless of if it is 100% ready or not. Maybe that is just me being a pessimist.

It's going to have to be ready. They cannot release that thing if it has problems when it comes to remembering content you've bought, especially since they don't have a proper login system for their back-end.

Pretty sure they do nity post on Thursdays, tomorrow would be the equivalent Thursday.

Today's only Wednesday -_- I swore it was Thursday.

It's going to have to be ready. They cannot release that thing if it has problems when it comes to remembering content you've bought, especially since they don't have a proper login system for their back-end.

I am sure it will still have problems even if they think it is ready. I am not trying to talk crap on capcom but I doubt their ability to properly release things in a working order as of late.

mbpm1

Whoa at Vega's EX Air Izuna Drop range

I grabbed a karin from like half a training square away as she tried to jump back air-to-air me. Was nuts.

...that shouldn't happen

unless you mean the flex itself and not the armor lol

The flex itself. I threw a Boom and he started flexing and walking towards me and absorbed it, so I super'd on reaction to the absorb. He released the flex and we "traded" (Only I took the damage because the initial hit of Nash's super does 0 damage)

Palom

Has anyone else been having awful problems with lag lately? It started to really get bad about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I'd say about 20% of my matches are actually smooth. I'm on a wired connection, and usually have my match settings set to only accept 4- to 5-bar connections, but it's nearly unplayable most of the time. I never had problems even remotely this bad with USF4.

Much of the time on the win screen, it will show the person with a 4- or 5-bar connection, and then as soon as I hit the Play Again button, it changes to a 1-bar connection, and then it's a shit show. Some times, the first round will be just fine, but subsequent rounds become unplayable (maybe lag switchers, but I don't think it would be that prevalent). Other times, the first match will be okay, and then I accept a rematch, and it goes to hell then.

There's nothing worse than hit-confirming into a combo, only to have it roll back into a block. Maybe it's just the user base is shrinking so much that I don't have any decent connections to choose from? I'm in eastern Washington state and got matched up with someone from Japan last night. It was a slideshow. Honestly, I'd rather not have any match than an unplayable one.

This is usually what I deal with: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPqxtjKO0fc

mbpm1

Working as intended, otherwise it would 100% fail in the corner
And considering the awful state of the regular FBA, I'd say EX isn't good enough ;P.

That's exactly what I was about to say. Prevents some awkward air situations on that front. Maybe I should experiment more with what I can do with EX wall dive. I basically gave up on using it ever after seeing how bad the hurtboxes for it were but it may not be entirely useless...just mostly.

I'm actually able to beat Gold players every once in 10 matchs, and not even the ragequitting ones either :O

Progress

Every time I've played against someone ranked below me tonight, I've lost, taken the rematch, lost again, and lost a TON of LP.

Every time I've played someone in a higher league, I've won, and they've RQ, or not taken the rematch.

So disheartening.

Edit: Just played an Ultra Gold player (I'm Silver) and after only just winning (I took a round) he chose to rematch even though he'd only gained 5 points from the win and stood to lose a TON if I won, kudos to him.

Every time I've played against someone ranked below me tonight, I've lost, taken the rematch, lost again, and lost a TON of LP.

Every time I've played someone in a higher league, I've won, and they've RQ, or not taken the rematch.

So disheartening.
April patch can't come soon enough lol

FluxWaveZ

Ugh, I just had to quit a match, because I'm not dealing with teleport-inducing rollback. Makes me think about whether or not I'll be able to do that when their solution is implemented (I've had to do that 2-4 times so far).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Question: If i buy the season pass right now, do i get the awesome Macho Man Gief costume ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom