• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardRojo

Can't fucking wait till RQing is no longer a thing. Just played some matches after a while of not touching the game and got 2 RQers already.
Edit: 2 more rage quitters! I'm fucking done with ranked matches!

LakeEarth

Man, a lot of people aren't choosing to start the second match today, win or lose.

BTW, Chun's c.mp xx V-trigger into Super for the chip death is really good. How can you do anything in neutral against her?

Gren

Man, a lot of people aren't choosing to start the second match today, win or lose.

BTW, Chun's c.mp xx V-trigger into Super for the chip death is really good. How can you do anything in neutral against her?

Why the cancel into VT first? For extra time to buffer the motion for the super? Or does VT also buff her super in some way?

EDIT: Oop, nvm. Read it as cr.mk at first for some reason.

Just thrashed a player two ranks above in a best of 3, in a match up I didn't know. Every time I start to think I'm not getting any better I get a little pick me victory it seems.

I just did that earlier today. I think it was only the 2nd time I didn't rematch someone because of lag. I ran into Nacer in ranked and manage to beat him in the Ryu mirror and bailed after that. I remember running into him many times during the beta and losing every time. I did know who he was back then but I was still pretty salty from those matches because he landed a lot of random DP's(as Necalli) against me. Anybody who has seen how Nacer plays should know what I'm talking about.

I've had many people bail on me regardless of their rank for whatever reason. Well shoot, my turn for once to bail out lol. Just like when I was a kid and got beaten down by my cousin many times in SF2 before finally getting a win, I'm gonna quit and hold dat W.

LegendX48

wow, had a super silver Dhalsim start normal for the first match and then very noticeably starting going easy on me for the following 2 matches... I feel like a dirty scrub

Has anyone else been having awful problems with lag lately? It started to really get bad about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I'd say about 20% of my matches are actually smooth. I'm on a wired connection, and usually have my match settings set to only accept 4- to 5-bar connections, but it's nearly unplayable most of the time. I never had problems even remotely this bad with USF4.

Much of the time on the win screen, it will show the person with a 4- or 5-bar connection, and then as soon as I hit the Play Again button, it changes to a 1-bar connection, and then it's a shit show. Some times, the first round will be just fine, but subsequent rounds become unplayable (maybe lag switchers, but I don't think it would be that prevalent). Other times, the first match will be okay, and then I accept a rematch, and it goes to hell then.

There's nothing worse than hit-confirming into a combo, only to have it roll back into a block. Maybe it's just the user base is shrinking so much that I don't have any decent connections to choose from? I'm in eastern Washington state and got matched up with someone from Japan last night. It was a slideshow. Honestly, I'd rather not have any match than an unplayable one.

This is usually what I deal with: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPqxtjKO0fc

Aside from intentional laggers, the matchmaking just puts you vs players on other side of the planet, good ping when sitting in a menu, but falls apart during actual gameplay.

Why is no region filter option I don't know.

mbpm1

Yeah, well, Vega's super can trade with Mika's bellyflop. YOU CAN'T EVEN USE HIS SUPER AS A RELIABLE AA.

I only use super to gimmick out wins and sometimes buffer it randomly at round start. Always surprising how many people hold up back at the start of a round when you have full meter

SHORYUREPPA SHORYUREPPA SHORYUREPPA SHORYUREPPA

Just when I think I have his wakeup figured out. smh

I cannot figure fucking frames in this game to save my life

Oh what a surprise 4 Kens in a row online

EDIT - I guess my playstyle just does not suit Karin. I don't wanna play cliched Ryu... Alex looks like a ton of fun but much like Necalli, I fear my technical abilities are below what's required to successfully pilot him.

Fucking shit.

Some dumb Sliverboi fought my Alex earlier today and RQ'd the match. He probably would have won because I'm absolutely garbage with him. Then, I get a runback by the grace of RNG Gods and he doesn't recognize me the second time around. Maybe he's just an idiot. Maybe he didn't know who I was because I was using Rashid instead.

I proceeded to make him cry. My Rashid has never been so on point, even if I'm Bronze level ass. I took both rounds, and when he wanted a runback, I hit the quit on him, because I know exactly what he was gonna do.

a37181f074da38f247d02bb370e3d6ea.jpg

I hope that guy loses a tooth.

Yeah I don't know. GG's though.

I hope not a stealth nerf...
Edit: I just hit up practice mode, and I can't replicate it at least. I wish I recorded that match. Was it an ex flash, possibly a double that rollback hid or something?
Edit 2: no, necalli's ca goes through a double. I don't have any clue how you stopped it.

Silver rank...

One day... Soon....

Probably play more offensively. A lot of decent players kinda fall apart from strong offense me included

Is there a lobby going? Anyone want to fight? My CFN is FluxWaveZ.

GGs. The gap is getting wider.

Fuck this goddamned lag (that magically appears after I body the PC player in round 1 and disappears after he gets a big life lead in round 2). Get that dirty shit the fuck outta here.

Done for the night. peace.

man...legit feel like I could be doing much better than Sanford right now. Why is he playing Birdie like that? You have to get in on Birdie and not let him bully you. And you don’t use Ken’s target combo 1 for jumps in, the standard TC keeps whiffing.

-_-

Dude...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom