• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion is that many "top" players right now are grossly overestimated. The gameplay is too sloppy. Missed punishes, obvious negative situations with no button presses, no committment to neutral, too many blocked jump ins, and plain impatience.

Sanford ragequitted.
he might as well. That was subpar Ken play.

No use of Ken’s second Target combo
V-skill is unsafe, he used it waaaay too often, it’s supposed to be a surprise attack
Got bullied when Ken needs to put you in the corner
Rush Rush Rush Rush down...not how you play Ken, he’s not as balanced as Ryu, but certainly not a full rushdown character either.
No Air Tatsu to mess with Birdie’s timing

Good things
Great FB use
Good V-skill into Target combo

Man, look at Brentiscool and Babybel Plz...

LegendX48

Probably play more offensively. A lot of decent players kinda fall apart from strong offense me included
that has helped me succeed before, kinda tough to do when players open on all offense though. Need to figure things out more, as well as stop getting bodied by bronze players.

mbpm1

man...legit feel like I could be doing much better than Sanford right now. Why is he playing Birdie like that? You have to get in on Birdie and not let him bully you. And you don’t use Ken’s target combo 1 for jumps in, the standard TC keeps whiffing.

-_-

Dude...

For what it's worth I believe you

I've found more polished people online.

That said Sanford did good for his return back

that has helped me succeed before, kinda tough to do when players open on all offense though. Need to figure things out more, as well as stop getting bodied by bronze players.

Open just as hard. Laura's got way better mid range tools than necalli, and most of the cast. Shouldn't be hard too grab the momentum early and hold on to it. You're defensive style is pretty good, but being a grappler means being aggressive.
You should have stuck around to see how flux plays her. He seemed to know less tech than you, but his pressure game was monsterous. Really shut me down.

LegendX48

Open just as hard. Laura's got way better mid range tools than necalli, and most of the cast. Shouldn't be hard too grab the momentum early and hold on to it. You're defensive style is pretty good, but being a grappler means being aggressive.
You should have stuck around to see how flux plays her. He seemed to know less tech than you, but his pressure game was monsterous. Really shut me down.

I'll have to see if I can find some of his replays lol

I'll be silver one day yet!

CAPCOOOOOMMMMM!!!! HEAAAARRR MEEEE!!! MAKE GUILE APPEAR TOMORRRRRRROOOWWWWW!!

He'll arrive on April 30th and you'll like it!
I don't plan to play him or anything, but it'd be nice if he arrived on Friday or next week

KingBroly

Banned
If Capcom doesn't have the Zenny shop go up when Guile does they're so fucked.

I think they'll give away another 2 free story costumes as well. Hopefully they give a refund to players who buy the ones they gave away for free. That ain't happening, though.

VariantX

I think they'll give away another 2 free story costumes as well. Hopefully they give a refund to players who buy the ones they gave away for free. That ain't happening, though.

They could just give the equivalent in fight money and it would be better if they went down this road again . Some folks would rather spend it on a future stage or character, or any costume they want

Renekton

They first may want to sort out the survival mod haha.

Gren

Back+HK is Chun's best non-meter AA when they're right on top of you, right? Because even when I can react to their jump-in, it seems to come out too slow to stuff anything.

It's either AA them when they're jumping in from afar, block the cross-up, or EX SBK save me, lol.

What will Guile's hair look like?

Shoestring fries? Cheesy breadsticks?

pWkSKw6.jpg

TheShah

Wasn't Guile's already shown in the story trailer? Anyways, if anyone's hair is gonna benefit from clay fighter V, it has to be Guile. Unless he has a new haircut. Hopefully he drops this week.

KingBroly

Banned
They first may want to sort out the survival mod haha.

Well, they obviously want to make money and not give away characters for free.

Though I'd LOVE a better Survival Mode, because 10-round Survival on Easy is actually kinda fun, but only because the other difficulties suck so, so much.

First game of the day a 31 win streak 1800lp player.. OK.

Follow that up with 3 losses due to sucking. I guess its another one of those days where I might as well throw the ps4 in the ocean.

jeemer

people hoping for the patch this week, or guile. were you guys around last month when a fan made alex trailer came out before the official one? THIS. IS. CAPCOM.

also folk still specifically complaining about pc players for intentional lag abuse? dat confirmation bias. i dunno how many matches i've played but i have 150+ hours played and have only noticed potentially suspicious lag (from both pc and ps4 players) on a handful of occasions. still assumed it might be due to external influences rather than deciding it's definitely someone trying to lag switch or whatever.

KingBroly

Banned
It's nice that Capcom is giving us 1 thing that'll be in the next patch, but we still don't know anything beyond that. No date, no prices of costumes, etc. Just that it'll hopefully fix rage-quitting. People need to stop jumping to conclusions in this time of early access.

Renekton

It's nice that Capcom is giving us 1 thing that'll be in the next patch, but we still don't know anything beyond that. No date, no prices of costumes, etc. Just that it'll hopefully fix rage-quitting. People need to stop jumping to conclusions in this time of early access.
Im guessing zenny shop will be in May earliest and Guile on free trial until then.

They have to fix the survival mod abuse before the shop can come out.

Damn homie you need to relax with that spam.

Edit: On topic, what's left for them to release?

So far, they have

Story Mode (coming in June)
Dailies/Targets or whatever
Extra Battle (this is probably coming in the next update)
Probably an Arcade mode (I'm assuming they are doing artwork for it since they probably don't want to release it straight up)
CPU mode possibly

What else can they add? Shadow AI mode like what KI3 was interested in?

After like 1000 games over 2 months stuck in 700-1300lp, I finally managed to get a little better and learned to use Karins Vtrigger.

Finally managed to reach Ultra bronze! lol. Feels to good when you finally learn something to increase skill and make some progress. My brain must be gafs slowest when it comes to learning. Also starting to win and give a challenge to those silvers that shows up:D

Shoutout to my noob friends, there is still hope!:p

MadGear

I think people that are interested in arcade mode just want a series of fights against the AI. At least imo the story bits of SF4 added very little to that mode and I doubt that people are actually looking forward to more of Bengus artwork at this point.

But then again, maybe Capcom should try their best to make this a well put together Arcade Mode to get those that were asking for it interested in SFV (if it isn't too late for this). But again, artworks and storyline similar to what we got with the character stories wouldn't help with that.
One thing that could potentially be cool are more unique bonus stages, maybe even character specific ones? For Ryu they could bring back the basketball bonus stage.
But I doubt the team behind SFV has this much time and money on their hand.

I personally hope the Extra Battles turn out well, so unlike survival mode.

I think people that are interested in arcade mode just want a series of fights against the AI. At least imo the story bits of SF4 added very little to that mode and I doubt that people are actually looking forward to more of Bengus artwork at this point.

But then again, maybe Capcom should try their best to make this a well put together Arcade Mode to get those that were asking for it interested in SFV (if it isn't too late for this). But again, artworks and storyline similar to what we got with the character stories wouldn't help with that.
One thing that could potentially be cool are more unique bonus stages, maybe even character specific ones? For Ryu they could bring back the basketball bonus stage.
But I doubt the team behind SFV has this much time and money on their hand.

I personally hope the Extra Battles turn out well, so unlike survival mode.

While most people aren't looking for more famous artworks like Snakebody Laura, they probably want something that SF4 had comparatively. I think if Capcom's going to do it at this point, they'll want to do it right and better to avoid any more scrutiny. So pan a few shots of some artwork, voice over some shit, and give us an ending. Story mode (the current one) would have been perfect if they would have added stuff inbetween the fights and made them actual VS CPU instead of FM gatherings.

Bonus stages would be awesome, I bet that's another thing they'll be working on to help people get used to v-triggers. GGXRDR looks like it's doing that sort of thing right with its interactive tutorial mode. Maybe armbar Alex's car to fix it? Or keep a ball afloat with Rashid?

The Extra battles stuff has me excited because I love situational stuff like that. Used properly, it could help people learn what to do in particular moments (i.e., the condition says not to jump, so that event could help people stop jumping so damn much)

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Well, my LS-40 just shipped. I've only ever tried/owned the LS-32, so I figured I should try another Seimitsu stick. Anyone here have any impressions to share? Right now, the Hayabusa is my favorite, so I wonder how it compares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom