• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

Just like two weeks left and barely any info? Not even screenshots.

Who else is expecting this to be pushed to next month. I think the Alex update also came much later than what they had scheduled for.
I'm expecting him to come out at the last second like Alex did, and that eventually one of these DLC characters will slip into the next month.

Just like two weeks left and barely any info? Not even screenshots.

Who else is expecting this to be pushed to next month. I think the Alex update also came much later than what they had scheduled for.
well at least we heard about the rq solution recently. news cant be too far off.

I think the Guile dream is dead for today. The Alex blog post was up by this time on the corresponding second Thursday of the month.

Yeah, seems that way. Bummer. The way they're handling the character releases is bizarre, I thought we'd get character trailers weeks before their release to build hype. Not complete radio silence halfway into the month.

stn

All I want for Guile is for him to be a pure zoner like he always has. Its the one archetype that SF5 currently lacks. And no, I don't count either Dhalsim or Ryu. Both characters are more of a "versatile" type, not a sit-far-away-and-throw-plasma-all-day type.

VariantX

Yeah, seems that way. Bummer. The way they're handling the character releases is bizarre, I thought we'd get character trailers weeks before their release to build hype. Not complete radio silence halfway into the month.

Im sure an anouncement will come in the next few days. You need an announcement to drive hype, speculation and discussions. Hopefully this time they'll not make the mistake with Alex and divulge the full list of specials this time. People were dissappointed because capcom neglected to mention Alex had retained his stomps and elbow.

webkatt

What will Guile's hair look like?

Shoestring fries? Cheesy breadsticks?

200_s.gif

But flat

LakeEarth

Im sure an anouncement will come in the next few days. You need an announcement to drive hype, speculation and discussions. Hopefully this time they'll not make the mistake with Alex and divulge the full list of specials this time. People were dissappointed because capcom neglected to mention Alex had retained his stomps and elbow.

That was the most ridiculous part of all. Not only did Capcom only show Alex in a series of screen shots of his specials, it wasn't even all of them!

All I want for Guile is for him to be a pure zoner like he always has. Its the one archetype that SF5 currently lacks. And no, I don't count either Dhalsim or Ryu. Both characters are more of a "versatile" type, not a sit-far-away-and-throw-plasma-all-day type.

That's what I want for Guile too, but many characters will get free V-bar just off him chucking booms lol, I think this really offensive meta won't work well for him if he's a pure turtle character.

mbpm1

That's what I want for Guile too, many characters will get free V-bar just off him chucking booms lol, I think this really offensive meta won't work well for him if he's a pure turtle character.

What if his booms were invisible like that one Ultra glitch

stn

I could see Guile working fine if:

1. They give him a target combo that has good push back and can be done off of a st. fierce crush counter; or
2. They give him one motion special to use off of a st. fierce crush counter.

Instead of using CC to go on the offensive like the whole cast does, Guile can use it to push his opponent away and force him/her back into fireball traps. I could see it working. Not only that, but Guile is the king of exposing players with no fundamentals, lol. I need to cause chaos in SF5.

Tirael

Yeah, I hope Capcom doesn't forget to mention all Guile's specials. All of them.

All 2 of them.

First ranked match of the day and what do I get? A rage quit! Yeah, going to casuals until Capcom patches this shit.

I am surprised you keep trying day after day thinking it's going to get better.

I don't know how that style is going to fit into this game. Unless you play Guile like NuckleDu did in USF4.

Yeah, I hope Capcom doesn't forget to mention all Guile's specials. All of them.

All 2 of them.

That gives them a 50% chance to mess up. That's pretty high.

All 2 of them.

He's almost guaranteed to get a new move. Maybe low fireballs like remy.

He had Remy's hop kick in Omega SF4 so they're probably testing it for SFV. Omega Guile's EX booms eventually went to Nash.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";200982552]He's almost guaranteed to get a new move. Maybe low fireballs like remy.

He had Remy's hop kick in Omega SF4 so they're probably testing it for SFV. Omega Guile's EX booms eventually went to Nash.[/QUOTE]
I really hope not. It would feel so wrong. I wouldn't mind it in v-trigger though.

Speaking of Omega, I really hope Juri's fireball charge works like Omega in V.

In Omega mode they're cancels instead of attacks, so you can do stuff like cMK xx charge, jab blockstrings.

So much more fun.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";200982552]He's almost guaranteed to get a new move. Maybe low fireballs like remy.

He had Remy's hop kick in Omega SF4 so they're probably testing it for SFV. Omega Guile's EX booms eventually went to Nash.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about this today. I feel like they might try and incorporate some of Remy's moveset into Guile's. It would be interesting seeing how they go about it if they do. I am on the fence about it but I feel that it could work well within this game. I wonder if they will give him something like Remy's Cold Blue Kick. I am almost certain that his CA is going to be a quarter circle motion to keep in line with the rest of the cast.

So it's already 12pm so I am guessing we aren't getting a new blog highlighting Guile from haunts today. Guess there is always next Thursday.

mbpm1

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";200984070]Speaking of Omega, I really hope Juri's fireball charge works like Omega in V.

In Omega mode they're cancels instead of attacks, so you can do stuff like cMK xx charge, jab blockstrings.

So much more fun.[/QUOTE]

How does that differ from her original form

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
The fuck is wrong with this game? It takes forever to find online matches on PS4. And I ain't only searching for 4-5 bars only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom