• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

qcf x2

I was thinking about this today. I feel like they might try and incorporate some of Remy's moveset into Guile's. It would be interesting seeing how they go about it if they do. I am on the fence about it but I feel that it could work well within this game. I wonder if they will give him something like Remy's Cold Blue Kick. I am almost certain that his CA is going to be a quarter circle motion to keep in line with the rest of the cast.

So it's already 12pm so I am guessing we aren't getting a new blog highlighting Guile from haunts today. Guess there is always next Thursday.

For all that just include Remy.

I would honestly not be surprised if they gave him a command grab. For this game, something like that would be the only additional tool he might need in order to be a beast.

I think Remy is the best Sonic Boom character in the series. Nash and Guile wish they could throw out booms as quickly as he can. It's just a shame Remy is a projectile-heavy character in a game with universal systems that easily nullify them.

Tirael

His V Trigger should turn his booms into larger, multi-hit Sonic Hurricanes.

...Maybe just one on activation of V Trigger.

That actually sounds like it could work. Being able to throw out a single large projectile without charging would be great. Just the threat of it would make opponents play differently.

Sheroking

Beat Super Gold, beat Gold
Struggle vs Silver and Bronzes

I hate fighting nutty players.

This is a weakness of mine as well.

I'll beat like 16 silver ranked players in a row but some fucking Super Silver Birdie will random me out and I lose as many points in one game as I earned in the 16 before.

I actually kind of wish I could restrict match-making so I could only play people within 2 ranks of me.

SSReborn

His V Trigger should turn his booms into larger, multi-hit Sonic Hurricanes.

...Maybe just one on activation of V Trigger.
I always though that it should adjust the properties of the sonic boom speed wise and it should go through projectile invincible moves so he can actually zone effectively

Maybe the boom will become an actual sonic boom in speed in Vtrigger aka Instantly hitting

It'll blow out your speakers and shatter your windows.

Takuma-style projectiles would be interesting. I thought Guile was always supposed to be weaker than Charlie, though. Aren't all his techniques learned from him?

Takuma-style projectiles would be interesting. I thought Guile was always supposed to be weaker than Charlie, though. Aren't all his techniques learned from him?

ten-classic-rude-retro-and-absolutely-ridiculous-video-game-ads-from-the-past-869467.jpg

Ferrio

Banned

Charlie has had a bit of down time for Guile to catch up.

I think Remy is the best Sonic Boom character in the series. Nash and Guile wish they could throw out booms as quickly as he can. It's just a shame Remy is a projectile-heavy character in a game with universal systems that easily nullify them.
I wish you could charge partition in this game. It would make Alex so much fun to use.

Shauni

So I'm Ultra Bronze right now, feel like I've sort of staled. Been playing casual and Battle Lounge seeking out mostly Silver level players, can't really seem to 'level up.' Ultimately, I would like to reach Gold. I know it'll take a long time and all, but that's what I'm shooting for. Is it realistic to want that without studying frame data and all that? Maybe a stupid question, but I'm curious, because I don't really understand that stuff. I have looked at a lot of things about it, but it goes over my head. I understand basic stuff with match ups (with this character it's best to do this against), but I don't get frame stuff. I just can't see it within the game at all.

Also, with the patch they had, did something change with jumping or Mika? I ask because I play Mika and people constantly jump out of my Super all the time now, where as it use to rarely happen. It's weird, I can't seem to land it hardly at all anymore.

Mr. X

So I'm Ultra Bronze right now, feel like I've sort of staled. Been playing casual and Battle Lounge seeking out mostly Silver level players, can't really seem to 'level up.' Ultimately, I would like to reach Gold. I know it'll take a long time and all, but that's what I'm shooting for. Is it realistic to want that without studying frame data and all that? Maybe a stupid question, but I'm curious, because I don't really understand that stuff. I have looked at a lot of things about it, but it goes over my head. I understand basic stuff with match ups (with this character it's best to do this against), but I don't get frame stuff. I just can't see it within the game at all.

Also, with the patch they had, did something change with jumping or Mika? I ask because I play Mika and people constantly jump out of my Super all the time now, where as it use to rarely happen. It's weird, I can't seem to land it hardly at all anymore.
It's jumpable after super flash if the didn't hit a button, combo into it.

Shauni

It's jumpable after super flash if the didn't hit a button, combo into it.

Maybe I wasn't clear, but I realize that, I was more questioning if it was always like that or if something with the patch changed that. Is it just a coincidence that I can't hit it at all anymore or has it always been this way is the core of my question.

People may not have realized before that they could jump out of it. Now since players have more experience, they probably know it can simply be jumped since it's a grab. But yes it's always been like that.

And no you absolutely do not have to study frame data to become a better player. It may help, but it's not necessary in any way.

Shauni

People may not have realized before that they could jump out of it. Now since players have more experience, they probably know it can simply be jumped since it's a grab. But yes it's always been like that.

Okay then, well, I guess I probably shouldn't use it as often as I do anyone and keep my EX bar for EX moves.

And no you absolutely do not have to study frame data to become a better player. It may help, but it's not necessary in any way.

I'm glad really, because I feel pretty lost with that stuff. I'm sure I could learn to understand if I buckled down, though.

Do you guys play a lot of matches with one another around here?

Okay then, well, I guess I probably shouldn't use it as often as I do anyone and keep my EX bar for EX moves.

I'm glad really, because I feel pretty lost with that stuff. I'm sure I could learn to understand if I buckled down, though.

Do you guys play a lot of matches with one another around here?
You can still use the super, just make sure you combo into it

And yes we play together in lobbies

Gojeran

Hosting an open lobby first to ten. Feel like playing longer sets without constantly searching for matches. No password but join if you want to. 4 or 5 connection only please. US west coast.

CFN is Gojeran

qcf x2

That's not useless, if you can get it to stun you get a free yoga mat and additional damage. Can you start it with a normal?

I was messing around w/ Alex in training mode after watching Floe and Mike wet the bed on CPT, ...there has to be something we're all missing so far. I've tried sneaky, less than 3f stuff like vskill, st hp, ex stomp but nope. His head stomp has to be there for a reason.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
That's not useless, if you can get it to stun you get a free yoga mat and additional damage. Can you start it with a normal?

I was messing around w/ Alex in training mode after watching Floe and Mike wet the bed on CPT, ...there has to be something we're all missing so far. I've tried sneaky, less than 3f stuff like vskill, st hp, ex stomp but nope. His head stomp has to be there for a reason.

Danke seems to be pretty good with him. He gave Gootecks a shellacking and a half on Best of III last week.

I think ppl sleep a little bit on alexs EX stomp, its real hard to react to and leaves alex +2 meaning throw or standing medium punch would stuff a 3f move.

qcf x2

I think ppl sleep a little bit on alexs EX stomp, its real hard to react to and leaves alex +2 meaning throw or standing medium punch would stuff a 3f move.

True, other than the joyride tracking it isn't too terrible, but you have to crouch block to do it and you can't really do much from a crouch besides block, go for 1 hit or hope they do something stupid enough that you can land the cr hp. Playing against Alex, the only thing the stomp has done to me was set me up for the headbutt, since my eye doesn't yet register the jumping animation as different until it's too late.

Danke seems to be pretty good with him. He gave Gootecks a shellacking and a half on Best of III last week.

I'll have to check him out. I'm not saying Alex is bad or anything. I think he feels middle tier right now but he's got some strong stuff and some underrated stuff. I just feel like the tools are there for some hidden tech that we have yet to discover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom