• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
God I hate the motion control on his headbutts, it's like trying to pilot a fighter jet at mach 3.

heres a bunch of random alex stuff i picked up from streams AKA "just alex things"

jump mp has deep (best) hitbox, sorta like kens jump hp. Is active for a long time.
Abuse the fuck out of alexs fHP.
Alex's stand mk range is his worst range because its where he's most vulnerable to crossups. (my game improved dramatically when I learned this)
Alex is all about his vtrigger and his oki. I think that dafeetlee alex setplay vid is like...required viewing for him. (https://dafeetlee.wordpress.com/2016/04/01/sfv-alex-setplay/)

qcf x2

God I hate the motion control on his headbutts, it's like trying to pilot a fighter jet at mach 3.

heres a bunch of random alex stuff i picked up from streams AKA "just alex things"

jump mp has deep (best) hitbox, sorta like kens jump hp. Is active for a long time.
Abuse the fuck out of alexs fHP.
Alex's stand mk range is his worst range because its where he's most vulnerable to crossups. (my game improved dramatically when I learned this)
Alex is all about his vtrigger and his oki. I think that dafeetlee alex setplay vid is like...required viewing for him. (https://dafeetlee.wordpress.com/2016/04/01/sfv-alex-setplay/)

Excellent find. Having seen that, I hope I don't run into Alex players that incorporate all of it!

That's dope, I still have to come to grips with Sim being such a stun/damage monster in this game.

qcf x2

SFV absent from NPD top 10 :/

Oh dear. Hope it has legs as it would be a shame if the online community dwindled to only the ultra hardcore :p

It's ok, the eff gee cee will support it by purchasing $4 costumes in bulk, that was the plan all along, look at USF4 and how many millions it sold. Who needs single player or money from filthy casuals lolz this game is about tournament play and capcom hit it out of the park, nobody plays arcade mode, gonna go watch some Twitch now, stay free scrubs.

It's ok, the eff gee cee will support it by purchasing $4 costumes in bulk, that was the plan all along, look at USF4 and how many millions it sold. Who needs single player or money from filthy casuals lolz this game is about tournament play and capcom hit it out of the park, nobody plays arcade mode, gonna go watch some Twitch now, stay free scrubs.

Who are you talking to? What is the point of making comments like this?

Excellent find. Having seen that, I hope I don't run into Alex players that incorporate all of it!

That's dope, I still have to come to grips with Sim being such a stun/damage monster in this game.

I posted it weeks ago :(

Reading this damn, prediction thread for SFV sales...

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1077850

Really goes to show how important word of mouth and the Internet is these days. All over arcade mode and vs cpu. It is crazy.

FluxWaveZ

Oh dear. Hope it has legs as it would be a shame if the online community dwindled to only the ultra hardcore :p

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's what everyone had been saying ever since the lack of content was made apparent prior to the game's launch. And I believe people who think that their (unreliable) regular updates will be a big help to the game's activity are misguided.

Their plan may have been to ensure continuous support through aesthetic DLC, but the fact is that it's not the hardcore who buy that kind of stuff; especially not fighting game players, with many who haven't even bothered giving themselves a title playing online. It's the more casual players that support that kind of plan but, as you say, their numbers are only dwindling while the online playerbase is getting tougher, with the more serious players being the ones who are playing.

That's fine, in a way, since the game is great and there are a decent enough number of more serious players to ensure a good amount of activity online. But this is why I am FAR from thinking that "season 2" is an inevitability. They'll have to do something significant, like a form of re-release (that actually works out) or a F2P version, to be able to give the game the boost it needs.

At least, that's what I think. They're having enough trouble as it is getting the game in proper shape right now, it's real hard to think that the road will eventually get smooth for them anytime soon.

I-hate-u

Reading this damn, prediction thread for SFV sales...

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1077850

I think a good 2 million from the FGC alone not accounting the casual fanbase, which can vary depending on the time of release and the marketing of the game.

They need to push a strong story and offline mode gameplay to reel in the casual players who represent a huge chunk of MK sales imo.

And I thought I was low balling it too.

SMH

Spman2099

I honestly can't tell if this is sincere or satirical.

qcf x2

Their plan may have been to ensure continuous support through aesthetic DLC, but the fact is that it's not the hardcore who buy that kind of stuff; especially not fighting game players, with many who haven't even bothered giving themselves a title playing online. It's the more casual players that support that kind of plan but, as you say, their numbers are only dwindling while the online playerbase is getting tougher, with the more serious players being the ones who are playing.

Bingo. It should have been common knowledge that cosmetic DLC and microtransactions are more of a casuals thing, since you're paying for stuff that has absolutely no bearing on the meat and potatoes of the product. Hardcore fans will mostly be fine w/ the bare bones stuff. But if they're fine with the bare bones stuff, how do you expect to profit off of them by selling cosmetics? It's like their plan was created and approved at a bar at 3am.

Ha, things looked to be going so smoothly back then. It really is remarkable (and depressing) how hard they dropped the ball in the final hour, then continued to fumble it around thereafter.

That's the craziest thing, it all unraveled like 2 wks before launch. That uneasy feeling I had from not seeing detailed footage of the single player content and functional lobbies and even the fact that the UI was like 99.9% unchanged from the very first beta turned into something terrible. I play this game a ton but had I not pre-ordered on PSN I would've taken a refund and sat out until/IF they get it looking like a launch SF should.

Tbh I think core players would still pick up a few cosmetics, as you see many doing it in Destiny, LoL, etc. One of the main things I think they fucked up though is that we're now two months since launch and there is still no way to give Capcom any more money, sans season pass. This is a huge failure considering the way that they have designed the game and content delivery.

Playing this game can feel really daunting when 80% of the people I can play against are absolute killers who do things like get to Gold ranking in 2 days, or have gotten top 16s at EVO in SF4 and stuff.

VariantX

If I were Capcom I would be thinking of preparing a F2P version. Copy the Valve model of giving chests that need key purchases to open. People spend thousands on that stuff since it's pretty much gambling addiction.

For this to work, they'd actually need content to sell players. I'm not convinced they planned to do anything more than a handful of costumes per character and a few color pallettes alongside the occasional stage. They could figure out a way to get the community to generate it by taking advantage of steamworks, but how do you sell steam stuff on console?

Quesa

Doesn't canceling into super do more damage? Though that is pretty nice if you are hunting for a stun.

Yeah -- It was originally a combo I found after thinking "can I make a dumb combo that uses three meters?" Then worked it into something decent, apparently.

Zackat

Just make it free2play as soon as possible. Have 1-2 characters free per week and do a rotation. I wouldn't mind because I love the game how it is right now and I will have all the characters. Basically what should have happened in the first place because this game plays too well to sell that little. It's almost criminal but they really fucked up.

Honestly if Capcom does not smooth out the visuals on PS4 as part of their "continued support" I will be very disappointed. Game looks fine but those backgrounds and fishnet shadows can and should be vastly better. Characters look mostly fine.

Either way, put this on the backburner for a while. Want to plow my way through some other games and lower my backlog a bit... backburner means playing for maybe 45 minutes instead of 2 hours a night lol.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Honestly if Capcom does not smooth out the visuals on PS4 as part of their "continued support" I will be very disappointed. Game looks fine but those backgrounds and fishnet shadows can and should be vastly better. Characters look mostly fine.

61788045.jpg

Please can someone confirm if the new madcatz driver work for usfiv te2? My credit card is ready to buy the game just need confirmation.....

Quesa

Either way, put this on the backburner for a while. Want to plow my way through some other games and lower my backlog a bit... backburner means playing for maybe 45 minutes instead of 2 hours a night lol.

Coming this fall only on PS4K

KingBroly

Banned

"SUPER" Street Fighter 5 exclusive to PS4K with better GRAPHICS and smoother background animations

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom