• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renekton

Honestly if Capcom does not smooth out the visuals on PS4 as part of their "continued support" I will be very disappointed. Game looks fine but those backgrounds and fishnet shadows can and should be vastly better. Characters look mostly fine.
Ask Epicgames to improve their low-performamce UE4 engine.

Windforce

Honestly if Capcom does not smooth out the visuals on PS4 as part of their "continued support" I will be very disappointed. Game looks fine but those backgrounds and fishnet shadows can and should be vastly better. Characters look mostly fine.

Either way, put this on the backburner for a while. Want to plow my way through some other games and lower my backlog a bit... backburner means playing for maybe 45 minutes instead of 2 hours a night lol.

Completely agree on the shadows issue. It makes the game look horrible.

Other day I went back to MKX to play the DLC, after play SFV almost exclusively for a few weeks, and I was completely mindblown by how much better MKX graphics are. No aliasing, no grainy shit, no dithered shadows, it is super smooth.

CD'S BAR

tempted to pick this up on sale 39.99 physical on amazon. This game is boss but might hold out for re release with dlc, or a cheaper digital version.

DD-11

I'm a scrubby bronze level player. Anyone around that level want to do a set or three? I'm trying to learn rashid and birdie.

Completely agree on the shadows issue. It makes the game look horrible.

Other day I went back to MKX to play the DLC, after play SFV almost exclusively for a few weeks, and I was completely mindblown by how much better MKX graphics are. No aliasing, no grainy shit, no dithered shadows, it is super smooth.

What about everyone's football texture skin?

mollipen

I guess all the good players were out drinking tonight, I went 9-2 counting Ranked and Casual XD

Yeah, it's been a weird night. I've been beating people decently higher-ranked than me with ease.

... I like the shadow effect. :(

Durden77

It's a bummer that the background characters don't really look that good, because their choreography and design is pretty fucking great.

The wolf in sheep's clothing on the Waterfall stage kills me. The ninjas on the Kazanuki stage climbing the ropes are great. The dudes just pumping their fist out of the windows of the bus are awesome.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not counting on a significant graphical update tbh. They're scrambling to get the seasons pass characters this year. Also, sad that it sold so bad but Capcom brought this on themselves. F2P version soon pls.

KingBroly

Banned
They'd have to re-do the fight money system to go F2P.

And if they go F2P, they can never go back to a full retail release of a SF game. People will just go 'oh, I'll wait for the free version' which may or may not come.

Gren

SMH, only just now realized that SBK gets crouchers cleanly on hit. This game is messing with my old-school sensibilities.

That option select is cool, but I need to use negative edge to pull it off, and it messes with my muscle memory :( Time to commit to getting it down the hard way.

So Nash's Knee Bazooka is super active. If you get a sweep, you can whiff jab and do knee bazooka. If they quick rise and you get a counter hit it's +6(normally counterhit is +1!) which is a link into cMP. Regular hit links into a jab. On block it's 0, which means an opponent used to punishing the bazooka with 5 frame moves will get stuffed by Nash's jab.

Could be a nice setup, I'm not a Nash player though.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";201037482]So Nash's Knee Bazooka is super active. If you get a sweep, you can whiff jab and do knee bazooka. If they quick rise and you get a counter hit it's +6(normally counterhit is +1!) which is a link into cMP. Regular hit links into a jab. On block it's 0, which means an opponent used to punishing the bazooka with 5 frame moves will get stuffed by Nash's jab.

Could be a nice setup, I'm not a Nash player though.[/QUOTE]

Can you explain why it's no longer negative on block or a normal hit in this scenario?

FluxWaveZ

F2P ain't gonna save shit, already been able to nab the game for a bargain bin price. A couple things via F2P pricing can buy you the full game.

It doesn't matter if one is able to get the game at a large discount, it's still $40 at retail and $70 CA (going just by Amazon prices). It's a hefty barrier to entry, and a large promotional push associated with a F2P version of the game would do a lot more than what you're implying.

vg260

I'm not counting on a significant graphical update tbh. They're scrambling to get the seasons pass characters this year. Also, sad that it sold so bad but Capcom brought this on themselves. F2P version soon pls.

There's nothing to indicate they're scrambling meet their promised character release schedule. Alex not coming out as soon as people wanted isn't proof of any sort of problem in that regard, it just means it came out later in the month than people wanted. We know the zenny store got delayed, but that's it.

GorillaJu

Yeah, it's been a weird night. I've been beating people decently higher-ranked than me with ease.

... I like the shadow effect. :(

Really? That's certainly an unusual opinion to have. In my eyes, dithered shadows are objectively worse. It's the only real visual hangup I have with the game. Otherwise, I love it all, especially Laura's body.

FluxWaveZ

Really? That's certainly an unusual opinion to have. In my eyes, dithered shadows are objectively worse. It's the only real visual hangup I have with the game. Otherwise, I love it all, especially Laura's body.

You don't have a problem with the clipping? To me, it's the predominant clipping issues that I have a problem with the most.

Wonko_C

Yeah, I don't mind it either. Only time it looks iffy is when the game zooms in on certain characters.

Oddly enough the PC version at medium settings replicates the dithered shadows of the PS4 version, but if you set Post Processing to low, the shadows no longer look like that, yet shadow detail is still set to medium. o_O

So I'm Ultra Bronze right now, feel like I've sort of staled. Been playing casual and Battle Lounge seeking out mostly Silver level players, can't really seem to 'level up.' Ultimately, I would like to reach Gold. I know it'll take a long time and all, but that's what I'm shooting for. Is it realistic to want that without studying frame data and all that? Maybe a stupid question, but I'm curious, because I don't really understand that stuff. I have looked at a lot of things about it, but it goes over my head. I understand basic stuff with match ups (with this character it's best to do this against), but I don't get frame stuff. I just can't see it within the game at all.

Also, with the patch they had, did something change with jumping or Mika? I ask because I play Mika and people constantly jump out of my Super all the time now, where as it use to rarely happen. It's weird, I can't seem to land it hardly at all anymore.
Frame data is helpful but not necessary. It can grant you insight that might otherwise take you longer to intuit on your own. I use it, for example, to understand which of my opponents moves are unsafe, and of those that are - what is my ideal punish combo

MadGear

Wow this german Ryu player that is called something like michimichimichi (sadly can't find him through rival search), 38 Win streak, ~7500LP just rage quit to my shitty Alex.
It shouldn't have been that surprising considering the win streak, but since he dominated me the first round (my anti air is still super bad with Alex) I expected him to be legit.
The upcoming patch can't come soon enough.

Edit: Found him, his name is michmichmichmich.

LakeEarth

Yeah you don't need to know frame data exactly. What you should know is what moves you have are plus on block (you can continue pressing buttons), and what moves are negative (have to stop pressing buttons) or what's punishable (you're probably getting hit). Exactly how positive/negative will come in time.

jett

D-Member
SFV absent from NPD top 10 :/

Oh dear. Hope it has legs as it would be a shame if the online community dwindled to only the ultra hardcore :p

Games with high profile launches that bomb like a muddafukka don't have legs. Capcom has misread the market and fucked up in the most incredible fashion.

Pompadour

I thought SFV having sub-million sales was bad but have sub-500k is god awful. I'm curious if they'll just abandon ship, refund season pass owners, and cancel the CPT or if Sony has them locked in due to a contract. Them not being able to get the Shop up and running for the people who actually did buy the game isn't good either. As each day passes consumers are less likely to drop money on costumes.

Mr. X

They need to announce s2 support at E3 to get everyone talking about SFV. The longer they stay silent and current news is still scarce, the harder it gets for them to recover.

FluxWaveZ

They need to announce s2 support at E3 to get everyone talking about SFV. The longer they stay silent and current news is still scarce, the harder it gets for them to recover.

I kind of disagree. They should be focusing and promoting the here and now, not the long-term prospects of what this game will eventually become. It's what got them into this mess in the first place, and people will only balk at content planned for 2017 after they've broken promises several times already. A full outline of their 2016 plans, sure, but not stuff that is too far off.

Pompadour

Season 1, absolutely. But, again, there is definitely no guarantee of a season 2 unless they manage to pull things around in a really major way.

S2 needs to be funded by the promise that people will buy further DLC. Even if SFV hit it's 2 million projection they wouldn't do a Season 2 if DLC sales were abysmal. I can see SFV going PS+ or F2P earlier than expected just to get the potential DLC buyers up.

LakeEarth

The one thing that will encourage a season 2 is that fight money will become pretty scarce as the single player allotment runs out. But then the pool of people still playing the game will be lower by that point.

I almost want to get the season pass just to encourage a season 2. I need a Q that doesn't require mods.

The one thing that will encourage a season 2 is that fight money will become pretty scarce as the single player allotment runs out. But then the pool of people still playing the game will be lower by that point.

I almost want to get the season pass just to encourage a season 2. I need a Q that doesn't require mods.

lol, only chance for that is if they port 3S OE to modern platforms and PC, lol. I think we're outta luck hoping for Q in a new SF.

Salz01

Either way, put this on the backburner for a while. Want to plow my way through some other games and lower my backlog a bit... backburner means playing for maybe 45 minutes instead of 2 hours a night lol.

I refuse to play the game or buy any dlc till they fix it.

Bizazedo

Allegedly from Nemo. Amused (and satisfied) at Bison's placement as it agrees with my own thoughts (that I got ridiculed for when people said he was top 5).

English.

C6TYrew.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom