• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pfft. Karin is perfectly fi... I mean, YES, BUFF HER. GIVE HER 200 MORE HEALTH AND A COMMAND GRAB.
Chillax

I'd settle for 950 or 975 health. Mika should really be a flat 1000 if she isn't already.
Not how I did it: my compelling match against the robot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vRc98cH5Vc
That was pretty funny haha. Mika in particular has just the right tools for screwing over the CPU thanks to V-Trigger.
Rhubarb is a rage quitting Karin in silver. So you took a bad fucking L to someone a thousand LP below you. Calm yourself. He's lucky I'm too lazy to upload vids of this shit to capcom.

Just pisses me off because it was a big win after a 5 game slide. Shit like this makes me glad this game is bombing lol. I wish this on no man.
I only feel the way you do when I play hard survival mode. Makes me turn into a full nihilist lol.
Playing against Zangief is depressing.
The key is to zone him with your normals and tick grab a couple of times until the opponent gets frustrated. I think you've won the battle if you can make a non Snake Eyes Gief chase you. He just doesn't have the tools to support desperation play.
Why is this reversal so ass? He neutral jumps IN FRONT OF ME and somehow I go under him and it doesn't hit at all? This takes a bar of meter too. It's worse than any of the invincible reversals that take no bar...
Doesn't beat people neutral jumping right in front of you apparently.

Karin's EX reversal is garbage and that's still a 50/50 guess. If they block it most of my health is gone from a crush counter combo and they just set me up for another 50/50.
What a shitty reversal lol. Still better than none, I suppose. The crush counter damage definitely hurts me right in the soul most.
You should be glad because at least she has that reversal even if it isn't 100% reliable..

She could be nash and just have nothing lol
Nash is still better even without one. More health, safer pressure and damage out the wazoo make him a great choice if you don't want to use Ken.
That last one was harsh with the ragequit due to Orochi slipping past his hadouken. It was like watching Ralph Wiggum's heart breaking on live television.
Is capcom gonna let everyone try Alex for free for a weekend when he launches before charging for him afterward?
That would be nice of them. So probably not.

I bet they'll just use good old fashioned jealousy to get people to buy him.

Or, this one time, as an apology for the first month's bullshit, they will grant us some free time with him.
SFV bombed pretty hard. If this were any other game it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for him to be free content. However, Capcom needs all the money they can get right now, so they probably won't do it.
Nah, they'll get theirs. Capcom mentioned they do not need video proof anymore; they can detect abnormal drop rates vs. win percentages and will be wiping players' LP on a frequent basis.
Hopefully they add a d/c percentage soon, so we know who all the rage quitters are.
This game is so anti casual that it deserves to bomb imo but capcom put this on themselves. Not even referring to the RQ problem. This game seems built for the hardcore FGC and nobody else. Addition of trials won't do shit. Ah well.
Your salt levels are so high that they might be contagious. I feel your pain since I got my ass handed to me yesterday a bunch too. We'll be okay, man.
I honestly think everyone is playing the Division or some other "popular" shooter. I was looking for online matches and not only was the wait excruciatingly long most of the times with fight request on, but I think I fought the same 3 people over and over again in Ranked matches and maybe 4 people in Casual matches on a Friday night. Maybe it was just a slow night.
Ranked match searches take too long for some reason. I've gotten fights 2-3 times faster in Skullgirls and that has 1/10th the online population on steam.
Jesus christ, salty as fuck right now @_@ I swear, all the monstrously good players come out on weekends.
That is absolutely the case. Most people have more time off on the weekends, so they grind pretty hard from Friday to Sunday.
Game: "You have a 3 game win streak? I think you need a challenge, fight someone with more than double the amount of LP than you have!"
Better than fighting great super/ultra bronze players that takes more points from you than silver or super silver.
IF I get matched with someone over 3K again tonight I'm quitting this game four a couple months. Not even bluffing. It's happened 3 times in the last 30 mins. The LP distro for wins losses is utterly fucked as well. Me at 1500 beating someone at 500 is way more than equivalent to me at 1500 losing to someone at 2500-3500 yet why am I losing more points?! not sure I get this. #capcom
Those are the best guys to fight points and experience-wise.
Fears like this are really unfounded. I've played fighters with a fraction of sfv's sales with a good amount of people to play with years after release. That said, I'm in an extremely good region, if you aren't, I wish you good luck...
Yeah, everyone is freaking out, but there are still lots of people to play. Smaller games still have pretty good online scenes. SFV will be fine. Capcom just needs to fix how game must be searching for matches because sometimes it takes forever. Anyone searching for five bar connections on a single platform aren't helping things, though.
I'm never gonna beat hard survival, am I?
No and you should give up on those colors for your own sanity.
Holy cow I beat a silver bison

I'm a Super Bronze
Silver and above is full of frauds. Nothing else can explain why my super bronze ass could beat 3.5K+ LP players.

KingBroly

Banned
Feels like my Stick's about to go. Having a hard time pulling off some movements with it. Just the stick portion, mind you. Not the buttons or anything else.

deim0s

Kinda a dumb question, in training mode I set a wake-up recording then playback of ryu doing a DP. For some reason, knockdowns to ryu won't do the DP on wake-up. The center indicator shows a gray box then play icon (with #1) for a half second but no moves are done, just a normal recovery. Anything that I should check?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Kinda a dumb question, in training mode I set a wake-up recording then playback of ryu doing a DP. For some reason, knockdowns to ryu won't do the DP on wake-up. The center indicator shows a gray box then play icon (with #1) for a half second but no moves are done, just a normal recovery. Anything that I should check?

When you record the dummy's action, make sure that you time it so that the game acknowledges it as a reversal, complete with "Reversal" status message on the side of the screen.

jediyoshi

God I hope they revamp the replay system, it's so close to being good. Just let me watch them without adding them to a list, adds so many unnecessary steps.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
When R. Mika lands that throw where you end up in the corner early, you might as well go afk lol

And I really wish the "Counter-Hit" icon would be much bigger, I can't notice it while playing

my win rate must be 20% or around that by now, that kinda w/l ratio is fucking horrid. any other game and i'd have just dumped it with that kind of w/l ratio. Gief and Bisons fucking destroy me. Gief keep doing that fucking crouching chop and Bison is just Bison, cant forget the fast input lp shoryuken ryus who just want to hang back jab and hadouken all the time so you cant get close

aoinokaze

Neo Member
my win rate must be 20% or around that by now, that kinda w/l ratio is fucking horrid. any other game and i'd have just dumped it with that kind of w/l ratio. Gief and Bisons fucking destroy me. Gief keep doing that fucking crouching chop and Bison is just Bison, cant forget the fast input lp shoryuken ryus who just want to hang back jab and hadouken all the time so you cant get close

"Fast input shoruken ryus"

stop being bad and blowing yourself up.

Spman2099

About to go silver... Ran up against a bronze Ken... He messed me up.

The most controlled Ken I have ever met. Blocked EVERYTHING. I couldn't open him up. He totally messed me up.

LP means nothing. I have seen the light.

Little prick taunted me, too. I wish that rematch option was available.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
if they're just throwing fireballs and DP'ing you out of the sky, time it so you can jump over his fireball and block the DP. Or just walk up and keep blocking the fireballs, bait the DP and block it, punish. This is zoning 101 stuff, if you don't learn to deal with it you will get blown up. But these players typically don't know any other tricks so if you can deal with it, you got them.

Figure out your safest horizontal pressure move and blow those bum Ryus up. I dealt with someone like that and they were the reason I learned how to use Karin's V-Skill and Orochi more effectively. The same applies to Zangief. Once you break their wall twice the resets and tick grabs will flow like water. Just stay at close range to make them sweat. Also, try to bait DPs and command grabs. You can dash in which gives you the option of neutral jumping to bait command grabs or dashing back to bait the DP.

Gotta play mindgames.
can you mid air block?
No, this isn't a thing in most street fighter games. If you want some air options Third Strike is your game. You can parry (and subsequently punish) everything in the air except grabs.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
can you mid air block?

What, no. But you can time your jump so you can jump over a fireball and land outside of his DP range or if he's too close, jump in before he can recover. Just don't jump in on a character with DPs when they have enough time to react punish your jumps.

well I aint getting in close with those ryus i might as well go afk and give them the win, also if your gonna criticize someone give them some tips

At it's most basic, Ryu's gameplan involves throwing fireballs at you in order to get you to try to jump-in, so that he can DP. To get through that, you'll need to avoid falling into that trap. Depending on your character, you'll probably have one or more ways to approach Ryu through his fireballs, or otherwise force him to stop just throwing them out there, but even without those, you can get through via patient play.

From further away, you can also jump over the fireball, either towards Ryu (very risky, if you are close, per the above), or you can neutral jump. If you neutral jump, this still gives you some time to advance before he can fireball again, since he can only have one fireball on screen at a time (possibly not counting his CA). Once you are closer, walking forward and blocking will cost you some chip damage, but will allow you to basically walk beginner Ryus to the corner, since they'll just keep walking / jumping backwards when you get close to get away.

And once in the corner, many newer Ryus will try to jump at you, so be ready with those anti-airs for free damage. And keep in mind that his fireball is not safe on block, so if he fireballs you up close, and you block it, then you'll be able to punish with a fast normal / special. Or if they get predictable with their fireballs, then you can also punish with a jump-in, but that is obviously a bit risky.

As I mentioned before, many characters also have ways to entirely bypass these fireballs. For example, Necalli's lunge attack ignores a single hit from a fireball, so that allows you to punish Ryus that carelessly throw fireballs. I don't know who you play, but look at what options you have with your character.

Is the Strategy Guide worth it?
Like is it a good collectors piece with images and text like bios and tips, or is it just pages and pages of technical frame data and lists of each character moves?

I'm kinda interested in buying it, but if it's just full of info that I can get from the internet then I'll probably skip it.

I'm gonna try playing more defensive and reactively, just need to be careful of grabs in that play style and Giefs. Sometimes but not all the time if feels like whoever throws the first punch looses. Got match to a really fast and attacking Cammy and that statregy did not work, does her crouching HK have no punish window, seems like she can do it forever. Yet Kens crouching HK seems to not have a punish window but the whole damn open door.

Hex

Banned
About to go silver... Ran up against a bronze Ken... He messed me up.

The most controlled Ken I have ever met. Blocked EVERYTHING. I couldn't open him up. He totally messed me up.

LP means nothing. I have seen the light.

Little prick taunted me, too. I wish that rematch option was available.

I think that I have run into the same one. He was using the auto option select gimmick non stop.
I can get the same person over and over again except when I really want that runback.

Spman2099

Like is it a good collectors piece with images and text like bios and tips, or is it just pages and pages of technical frame data and lists of each character moves?

I'm kinda interested in buying it, but if it's just full of info that I can get from the internet then I'll probably skip it.

The most valuable info (the frame data) can be found on the internet. There is no way the rest of the info, the strategies and such, will be even half as good as the videos you will find online. The book will also have a serious expiry date as it will no longer be a reliable source once the yearly update drops.

That being said...

If you like the art, and you want to have easy access to the information in paper form, just buy it. Why not? It isn't going to break the bank or anything.

that's it i'm out cant win for shit at all right now. I think everyone has faster input speeds than me (some have fucking insane speeds) and there's nothing I can do about that

I finnally got to super bronze and now im only getting players 1000-2500lp in casual.. Im like 1-7 today so im taking that as a sign to l2p and keep practice in casual before im going ranked. Seems to be fewer Ruys in casual too.

Baleoce

It's decent. If you're new to the genre it has a pretty exhaustive list of terminology to gets you up to speed. Even though it's prima, they merged with bradygames sometime last year so it's actually the same format as the USFIV Bible. Yeah, the data is going to gradually become obsolete as updates make changes to frame data and other things so eventually the physical version won't completely hold up, but there's still a lot of generalised information in it that is useful. However you also get a copy of the e-guide if you make a prima account online, and that's updated for a year.

There's also 16 pages of concept art at the back of the book. And it comes with an artgerm photoprint that can be framed.

i4OP7Zd.jpg

LegendX48

I'm gonna try playing more defensive and reactively, just need to be careful of grabs in that play style and Giefs. Sometimes but not all the time if feels like whoever throws the first punch looses. Got match to a really fast and attacking Cammy and that statregy did not work, does her crouching HK have no punish window, seems like she can do it forever. Yet Kens crouching HK seems to not have a punish window but the whole damn open door.
Whoa, dude, Cammy's cr. HK is insanely unsafe, I consistently get blown up when I both whiff or get blocked. Block and then punish.

Whoa, dude, Cammy's cr. HK is insanely unsafe, I consistently get blown up when I both whiff or get blocked. Block and then punish.

Well Cammy has the advantage of out ranging Ken in that situation, ah who am I kidding it feels like everyone outranges him. I'd try to punish the CHK with my CHK and it either doesnt reach r they are already blocking

Hex

Banned

Are you sure it is not her CR MK?
HK is ripe for punish, MK is usually the go to.

To add to what LegendX48 wrote, both of those attacks are -12 on block, so it's the samme window for punishing.
Are you sure it was her crHK, and not her crMK? That one is only -3 on block, so you can only punish with LP DP or LK Tatsu, as Ken.

Spman2099

the one where she swings both legs and has a lot of range

Okay, I just went into training mode and fooled around. You can punish it with Ken's light Tatsu, EX Tatsu, and heavy shoryuken at the max range on block. Anything closer than max range and the normal is punishable by pretty much everything he has.

You are using Ken, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom