• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I just went into training mode and fooled around. You can punish it with Ken's light Tatsu, EX Tatsu, and heavy shoryuken at the max range on block. Anything closer than max range and the normal is punishable by pretty much everything he has.

hmm, thanks, i'll try that next time, would the same principles work on a GIEF that keeps doing that crouching chop (he pokes out his extending palm) and Yes I main Ken atm

One mistake I realise I do is rely on H moves too much, and not enough on L and M. I cant remember the last time I beat a birdie now that I think about it, Birdie, Gief and Bison just destroy me

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
One mistake I realise I do is really on H moves too much, and not enough on L and M
Ken's buttons aren't great in general compared to much of the cast, but you are absolutely right that you should diversify your inputs. Use the heavy kicks more selectively because they are not very safe. Harassing people with Ken's safer buttons is an important part of the plan.

Ken's buttons aren't great in general compared to much of the cast, but you are absolutely right that you should diversify your inputs. Use the heavy kicks more selectively because they are not very safe. Harassing people with Ken's safer buttons is an important part of the plan.

I avoid H Tastu tbh though a Tatsu on wake up surprises a lot of people, a m tatsu on wake up can get those that neutral jump

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I avoid H Tastu tbh though a Tatsu on wake up surprises a lot of people
Light tatsu is a pretty great move in this game. I'm getting in the habit of throwing it out there a little too liberally.

H tatsu is tough outside of combos. If you throw one from full screen a good opponent will wreck you, but down in the bronze leagues where I am currently toiling people don't always know how to react. Some people even try to jump at it late and get stuffed. If it hits them right at the end, you can combo into another move or if they block you can recover fast enough to stop their counter attack. None of this is advice. Just observations. It's fun to throw it out there if the match is going well, just so people can't tell if you're an idiot or not. That's Ken's secret real game plan.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Works for me. Launch Steam as admin (not just right click -> launch as admin), launch program as admin, launch game normally, hop into training, go back to program and activate hitboxes.

Then what else am I supposed to do.

The debug log spits out this info when I try to turn hitboxes on:

Debug Console Enabled
Searching for SFV processes...
There are active SFV processes
More than one process handle found, picking one with a main window handle.
Checking last injection does not match the new one: True
Recreating the remote interface
Setting the injector config
Creating the IPC Server
IPC Server Channel Name: IDFHW7Rf60C2PGj5WPmV
Injecting...
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SlimDX.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
File name: 'SlimDX.dll'
at EasyHook.HelperServiceInterface.WaitForInjection(Int32 InTargetPID)
at EasyHook.RemoteHooking.InjectEx(Int32 InHostPID, Int32 InTargetPID, Int32 InWakeUpTID, Int32 InNativeOptions, String InLibraryPath_x86, String InLibraryPath_x64, Boolean InCanBypassWOW64, Boolean InCanCreateService, Boolean InRequireStrongName, Object[] InPassThruArgs)
at EasyHook.RemoteHooking.Inject(Int32 InTargetPID, InjectionOptions InOptions, String InLibraryPath_x86, String InLibraryPath_x64, Object[] InPassThruArgs)
at FrameTrapped5.HitBoxViewer.ViewModels.ShellViewModel.set_IsInjectionActive(Boolean value)

jediyoshi

Then what else am I supposed to do.

Check the properties of the shortcut you're using to launch Steam -> Compatibility tab, tick 'Run this program as an administrator'. When you launch Steam, there should be a warning about running it in admin mode. Do the same for HBV.

Not gonna argue that. It just seems like it has even more range than in SF4
His LP SPD is shorter. A lot of moves are objectively worse in range (or vulnerabilities in their animations) compared to how they were in SFIV.

Yea, instead he has a red fist which has more reach and super armor.... I think we were better off with the green...
With how fast his Green Hand came out in SFIV and how the EX version had invincibility frames up the wazoo, a slow and heavily telegraphed armor punch isn't nearly as bad.

God I hope they revamp the replay system, it's so close to being good. Just let me watch them without adding them to a list, adds so many unnecessary steps.
And having it save settings like input display, which was the case in SFIV. And a dedicated delete button. And being able to mark any number of replays so you can remove them simultaneously.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Check the properties of the shortcut you're using to launch Steam -> Compatibility tab, tick 'Run this program as an administrator'. When you launch Steam, there should be a warning about running it in admin mode. Do the same for HBV.

Tried this. Steam gives me the warning about compatibility mode, but nothing changes. I'm still getting the same error messages about SlimDX.dll.

galvenize

Screw Ranked games. If you wanna get better at the game, hit the lobbies, find someone that makes you work. First to 10, multiple times.

Baleoce

Odd, does the PC version of SFV (or PS4 for that matter) not allow you to map L3/R3 ingame? I just got my fight commander in the post, and switched it to L3/R3-L1/L2 side, and I can't map L3/R3 to anything.

TacosNSalsa

Odd, does the PC version of SFV (or PS4 for that matter) not allow you to map L3/R3 ingame? I just got my fight commander in the post, and switched it to L3/R3-L1/L2 side, and I can't map L3/R3 to anything.

Only as shortcuts in training mode . I think L3 restarts battle with what ever changes you made and R3 changes the status of the dummy..like put it to cpu controlled ,player recording ect.

Zissou

I made a video about using frame advantage to help understand defense and when to press buttons (in SFV, specifically). This thread had slipped my mind, but maybe somebody here would find it useful? Dunno, but if anybody's curious, it's here. I hope it helps someone.

edit- sorry to post this twice here- meant to post it in the fighting game newbie thread :(

kind of hoping there will be a purge of match records, so I can get a better w/l ratio. I had a 12 game loosing streak at one point, fucking sucks. Even when I do win (which seems to be against rookie or low bronzes now, I feel nothing)

kind of hoping there will be a purge of match records, so I can get a better w/l ratio. I had a 12 game loosing streak at one point, fucking sucks
Stop caring about a pointless metric when instead you could be spending that attention to reflecting where you went wrong in your replays, figuring out the ideal spacing of your moves in Training Mode or refining your combo execution among other things.

Can't mean much if you are okay with lying your way through it.

i'm not, it's a testament that this game is good that I kept playing but soo many loses take their toll, the key factor in that was the first weekend and its completely borked matchmaking and people naturally not being at their level yet, you could argue they still arent

It doesn't mean much in FPS games either.

oh It does, i'm proud to have a K/D ratio of over 2.0 iirc in Titanfall and a 66% win rate iirc

Can you link anything off of crouching jab with Fang? I noticed that crouching mk links into jab, but I'm not sure if there is anything that can push it further. I know linking from jab in general is discouraged in SF5 though.

BadWolf

i'm not, it's a testament that this game is good that I kept playing but soo many loses take their toll, the key factor in that was the first weekend and its completely borked matchmaking and people naturally not being at their level yet, you could argue they still arent

If you keep improving and winning then the ratio will balance out either way.

Hustler

well I aint getting in close with those ryus i might as well go afk and give them the win, also if your gonna criticize someone give them some tips

You should watch others play and see how they get in against fireballs and antiair squatting with your player. There's tons of replays and twitch. Also watching live tournaments is good as well.

You have to mix in blocking, jump overs, neutral jumps and whiff jumps to get close. Just depends on the frequency of their attacks.

Steroyd

I made a video about using frame advantage to help understand defense and when to press buttons (in SFV, specifically). This thread had slipped my mind, but maybe somebody here would find it useful? Dunno, but if anybody's curious, it's here. I hope it helps someone.

Bloody hell, so that's why I couldn't punish Nash's moonsault and I felt my inputs were slow, same thing happened to a Rashid spamming that dive kick, at least I know it wasn't me being too methodical when doing combos.

I finding it hard to time meaties in this game against back tech. Like if I have a dash up button that hits quick rise, then I guess I need to confirm the back tech while dashing and delay the button just slightly but I don't find it easy to see for some reason. It's not helping that the dummy set to random seems to do no recovery like 80% of the time.

What's ur CFN?

your Ken style is very attack focused, and your chaining moves together is better then I can. I'm amazed I won 1 round, let alone 2. What were the jab combos you did? I think that's the one thing I need to learn atm, then chaining Shoryukens from Tatsus, you seem to do a 5 hit combo before doing a move. Also I assume fightstick?

your Ken style is very attack focused, and your chaining moves together is better then I can. I'm amazed I won 1 round, let alone 2. What were the jab combos you did? I think that's the one thing I need to learn atm, then chaining Shoryukens from Tatsus, you seem to do a 5 hit combo before doing a move. Also I assume fightstick?
Nah on a ds4...

Ken has some good hit confirms from lights, very useful to apply pressure with.

C.Lk s.lp tastu or Srk
C.mp lk tastu or Srk
S.lp lk Srk or tastu

Those are my favorite. Only lk tastu or ex tatsu will link from lights. Also Ken has two target combos you need to learn to hit confirm off of the first hit. He talks a lot of practice to use really well. You kinda have to be aggressive, but you need to know when to back off and bait with shimmy. Ken FB is much weaker than ryu but still useful. Also you shouldn't get up slow on wake up all time. Gotta mixup back roll,tech, and sometimes get up slow. It's too easy to bully you with meaties if you never quick rise and I control the match.

Masamuna

Can you link anything off of crouching jab with Fang? I noticed that crouching mk links into jab, but I'm not sure if there is anything that can push it further. I know linking from jab in general is discouraged in SF5 though.

He's +3 on hit, +1 on block. So no links after c.lp. You can cancel into up ball though, more preferably EX upball because regular is punishable on hit and block. All versions risk balls whiffing if opponent crouches barring EX.

S.mk does link off of s.lp though.

No, you can only link to other light normals, no moves or mediums. EDIT: s.mk works off of s.LP though.

However, on counter, st.lp is godlike since you can then link into st.mp or cr.mp or light ryubenda.

The best way to use this is to st.hk and if they block, do a st.lp into cr.mp xx light ryobenda.

If they block it, that's fine cause you're safe. If they try to throw/do a normal/do anything that's not DP then you got damage in,poisoned them and got a tad bit of distance between your opponent.

Nah on a ds4...

Ken has some good hit confirms from lights, very useful to apply pressure with.

C.Lk s.lp tastu or Srk
C.mp lk tastu or Srk
S.lp lk Srk or tastu

Those are my favorite. Only lk tastu or ex tatsu will link from lights. Also Ken has two target combos you need to learn to hit confirm off of the first hit. He talks a lot of practice to use really well. You kinda have to be aggressive, but you need to know when to back off and bait with shimmy. Ken FB is much weaker than ryu but still useful. Also you shouldn't get up slow on wake up all time. Gotta mixup back roll,tech, and sometimes get up slow. It's too easy to bully you with meaties if you never quick rise and I control the match.

whats the roll command? twice in 1 direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom