• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats the roll command? twice in 1 direction?

Per the SF How To Play page:
Recovery
htp-recovery.jpg

Get up quickly after being knocked down by using Recovery. Input a direction OR press two or more Punch or Kick buttons at the same time after being knocked down by an opponent’s attack. If you time it right, you will get up quickly. There are two types of Recovery: Back and Neutral. See the diagram for instructions on how to perform both types.

The roll is "back recovery".

Masamuna

No, you can only link to other light normals, no moves or mediums. EDIT: s.mk works off of s.LP though.

However, on counter, st.lp is godlike since you can then link into st.mp or cr.mp or light ryubenda.

The best way to use this is to st.hk and if they block, do a st.lp into cr.mp xx light ryobenda.

If they block it, that's fine cause you're safe. If they try to throw/do a normal/do anything that's not DP then you got damage in,poisoned them and got a tad bit of distance between your opponent.

I would say c.mk is the best way to frame trap everyone. S.HK is only plus +1 so 60% of the cast can beat your jab.

I would say c.mk is the best way to frame trap everyone. S.HK is only plus +1 so 60% of the cast can beat your jab.
Fair enough. The benefit of HK is the fact that it does white damage which plays well into the whole poison thing and the fact that since it moves forward it's a lot easier to always been in range of st.lp. cr.mk still has some pushback and doesn't have the same range.

Though it depends on the matchup.

EDIT: Birdie, Fang, Ken, M.Bison, Nash, Rashid, Vega(with claw) and Zangief are the characters where the st.HK is always preferred since these characters have no 3 frame normal, minimal is 4.

Masamuna

Fair enough. The benefit of HK is the fact that it does white damage which plays well into the whole poison thing and the fact that since it moves forward it's a lot easier to always been in range of st.lp. cr.mk still has some pushback and doesn't have the same range.

Though it depends on the matchup.

In the same range that you would want to net a tip range s.hk (which will let you walk back to whiff punish throw attempts) c.mk will still be in range to let you do ch s.lp > s.mp_c.mp.

S.hk is stills valuable though

Edit- Vegas standing short is 3 frames so it's iffy on him too.

Alucrid

Banned
i've had one non-laggy match today. i'm just going to quit if i see any lag next time...and these were all 5 bars before i accepted

i feel like playing R Mika just makes you more prone to rage quitters because I assume nothing feels worse than getting stuck in a corner whirlwind to stun

I just made a Nash quit a casual match

Last night was strange. I got matched up with the same ryu player "old_kato" over 10 times in a row in Casual match. It was 3am though so I guess alot less people were on. Decent way to learn the match up though.

have you tried rebooting your ps4? that usually helps me

It seems that this might apply to PC as well, though I just restarted the game rather than PC itself. Played a bunch of matches yesterday, and then went on to host a lobby. First FT5 I played with my last opponent opponent was great, but then in the second set the connection was straight up awful from the first round, so much so that I did not finish that set, and this was also the case with the next few opponents I played in ranked. However, after restarting the game, I didn't have any more connection problems that day.

Pompadour

Ucchedavāda;198263619 said:
It seems that this might apply to PC as well, though I just restarted the game rather than PC itself. Played a bunch of matches yesterday, and then went on to host a lobby. First FT5 I played with my last opponent opponent was great, but then in the second set the connection was straight up awful from the first round, so much so that I did not finish that set, and this was also the case with the next few opponents I played in ranked. However, after restarting the game, I didn't have any more connection problems that day.

If I ever experience lag/difficulty finding a match I just reboot my PS4 and reboot my router. It's worked every single time.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
People have been testing this Battle Lounge disconnect problem and apparently a new account on your PS4 or Steam on the same hardware makes it work again. Entirely Capcom's fault...

SmokeMaxX

Birdie's AA hitbox is much smaller than what we experience in fight. Also his Ex Command throw is invincible? how the did I get thrown out of it by Laura of all characters?
Those hit boxes aren't complete. They only give an idea of what the move looks like. They don't capture the full move though. Ex grab is throw invincible. If you go against another throw invincible move, I assume whichever one is active after invincibility wears off wins.

In reply to the strategy guide, I think it's worth the price (buy it on amazon, I got mine on release day new for like $20). It was written by shadyk who basically invented a lot of top tier marvel strategies that are used at the highest level to this day.

ElFly

What can I do against the Karin's V-trigger Rekka that crosses to the other side?

I keep getting stuffed by it and at hte very best I can block it sometimes.

e: as gief

e2: tried on training mode...am I correct in that it is punishable by spd? how negative it is

ElFly

Zangief can, on reaction, 720 a shinkuu hadoken.

I think it needs to be point blank and not comboed, but I just crossed over a Ryu who woke up with his CA, and I saw it, churned the butter and pressed the button, and cleanly grabbed.

I think it needs to be point blank and not comboed, but I just crossed over a Ryu who woke up with his CA, and I saw it, churned the butter and pressed the button, and cleanly grabbed.
I believe it's because his CA only takes 1 frame to grab so if timed correctly, it could definitely do that. Nice one.

Grabs WIN! Grats. man.

Honestly, that's mostly why I played Dan in SFIV. His Ultra was the same if you were close.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Does anyone know how to use Story Mode costumes in regular play? I think it involves hex editing but would love some direction. What I found online was not helpful or seemed to point me to files I couldn't find. Garret Hawke, where are you!?

Oh, and would doing this get me in trouble with Capcom/be considered a cheat??

Exr

Just got the game, any vega tips? Ive mained vega in sf2 and 4. I know his non clawed mode lets his crouch mp become special cancellable and his crush counter buttons are forwaed hp and hk.
Im also loving his new command throw

ElFly

I believe it's because his CA only takes 1 frame to grab so if timed correctly, it could definitely do that. Nice one.

The beautiful part is that the super animation is so long that it lets you process this with calm and then churn. There's plenty of time.

How do you punish the rashid move where he zips across the screen he always jumps back as part of the move and seems to be out of range automatically

Tan

How do you punish the rashid move where he zips across the screen he always jumps back as part of the move and seems to be out of range automatically

Its got way more recovery than it seems so you can usually punish with any far reaching attacks. That being said if he hits you with the tip of it be seems to fly even further back and be safe.

His V-Skill? and that jump back might just be him jumping from the wall? Most rashid's don't expect you to be in the air, so air-to-airs can work.

If they do a move like his eagle kick (or whatever its called), then that's punishable with most medium normals or specials that are fast enough.

Its got way more recovery than it seems so you can usually punish with any far reaching attacks. That being said if he hits you with the tip of it be seems to fly even further back and be safe.
Considering Ken has fuck all it the way of range guess I can't punish it

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Depends on your character obviously. Karin can just hit him with standing heavy kick after blocking it.

(If you're talking about Eagly Spike or whatever it's called)

I'm gonna try and get into super bronze again but once again I'm on a loss streak, definitely not playing this game for a while once I get back there

Cammy can punish eagle spike with dash up b.mp so I would have thought Ken can do the same, since I think his dash is faster. (This is for the regular one anyway, for the running one I could only get dash into jab but I didn't test all that thoroughly.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom