• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Huh? How? Capcom kept SF in the public mind by constantly supporting the game. Only people I saw complain were dudes who throw fits about having "complete versions".

That's a very large number of people, though. The "public mind" were the people who watch EVO, the non-casuals and pay attention to the FGC. Again, this conversation is mainly about the more passive audience, and those are the people who buy the game the most. They don't really care about "support" in the sense of re-releasing the game, because what they perceive is being ripped off when a better version of what they already bought is released shortly after they bought it.

It's why you'll see a bunch of people now (mainly towards ASW games) say that they'll wait until the next revision, or why Capcom themselves were sure to emphasize that there will be no SFV revisions as to not dissuade the significant number of people who are tired of that.

The casuals don't give a damn. They're too busy worrying about COD, ignoring JRPGS, and focusing on the next big mainstream game.

If it weren't for casuals, there would have been no SFV.

Pompadour

If it weren't for casuals, there would have been no SFV.

Well, if we are relying on casuals for SFVI then that ship has sailed. Hopefully Capcom can rebuild the brand with V through F2P. Chasing casuals now won't do anything, they don't buy games after the launch window.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
That's a big, divisive issue that fighting games face. I think any fighting game fan appreciates the updates and long term support but the "casual" fan thinks they're getting scammed.

People who think $15 expansion packs that drop once every two years are "scams" are beyond help.

Mediking

Laura is trash. Her default outfit is borderline, her alt is stupid.

There's sex appeal and then there's my-clunge-is-barely-covered.

image.php

Mr. X

I love when people are over and I'm playing when a Story Mode Outfit Laura shows up

"What the hell? They can have that in game? Her ass and tits are out. Now my dick's out."

FluxWaveZ

More like if it wasn't for Sony, without Sony money SFV wasn't being made for a while, 2018-9 at the earliest, after these sales next Capcom fighter will be multi-plat...

That's true, too. Capcom couldn't even be convinced to go through with this project independently despite how relatively low the budget must have been for it, so they had to go with PlayStation.

And multi-plat is far from the sales issues SFV had. I bet an Xbox One version wouldn't have been very profitable for Capcom, considering that they would have had to tackle publishing duties by themselves instead of having Sony cash to help with the project.

Mediking

I love when people are over and I'm playing when a Story Mode Outfit Laura shows up

"What the hell? They can have that in game? Her ass and tits are out. Now my dick's out."

Google "Street Fighter V" with SafeSearch off and tell me what you see.

ElFly

It's cool, bro, they removed Mika's ass slap. Everything is fine now.

If it requires me to go dumb and see that ass.... I'll go dumb and see that ass!!!
Can someone make a gif of Father Gascoigne's boss intro from Bloodborne, the one where he says "Beasts all over the shop. You'll be one of them, sooner or later!" and replace the word beasts with Mika players.

Can someone make a gif of Father Gascoigne's boss intro from Bloodborne, the one where he says "Beasts all over the shop. You'll be one of them, sooner or later!" and replace the word beasts with Mika players.

Hey now, I'm just playing her for fun. She's not even a pocket character!

It's cool, bro, they removed Mika's ass slap. Everything is fine now.
I still have no idea what the ESRB was thinking with that one, as Capcom claims that was why they removed it. Yet Mika's ass slap makes so much more contextual sense than some of the alt outfits and fits with her general character.
Her Premium should be her main.
I like the jacket and the hair but that's about it :p
My point was that Laura is not trash.
CazFiRK.png

Pompadour

People who think $15 expansion packs that drop once every two years are "scams" are beyond help.

Unfortunately, they aren't some minority. Fighting game OTs people are excited for updates to games they love but in the news threads for these games you'll get a lot of comments like "I'll wait for the super/ultra/turbo edition." And the updates are very rarely tailored for those people (except maybe MKXL) so I don't even know why they care to shitpost.

ElFly

At least Laura is dressing sexy on 100% of her body.

Cammy story mode costume just plain old should have pants. It's not even sexy, it's just stupid.

What the fuck happened there.

Mediking

At least Laura is dressing sexy on 100% of her body.

Cammy story mode costume just plain old should have pants. It's not even sexy, it's just stupid.

What the fuck happened there.

Oh, stop it. Cammy is fine the way she is. She's my main and I love everything about her.

Mr. X

SFV went extra hard on the smut.

Cammy even got a breast enlargement.

It's hilarious not 1 of them has a sexual or sexy attitude at all just shows how much it is sex for the fuck of it. It's creepy as shit.

It's hilarious not 1 of them has a sexual or sexy attitude at all just shows how much it is sex for the fuck of it. It's creepy as shit.
It speaks volumes that I have not heard of a single person criticizing Chun-Li's pre-order alt, even though that isn't exactly covering much. Even Cammy doesn't get as much flak as Laura does.

The reason is that those characters have personalities OUTSIDE of their obvious sexual appeal. FFS, just look at Laura's taunt.

I keep getting reminded of that Justin Wong stream before the game had officially launched. Him and Floe were playing matches and the round ended on laura's command grab.

Floe said "Her boob's practically falling out" and JW said something like "That what she's there for!". He wasn't wrong.

mbpm1

It speaks volumes that I have not heard of a single person criticizing Chun-Li's pre-order alt, even though that isn't exactly covering much. Even Cammy doesn't get as much flak as Laura does.

The reason is that those characters have personalities OUTSIDE of their obvious sexual appeal. FFS, just look at Laura's taunt.

I keep getting reminded of that Justin Wong stream before the game had officially launched. Him and Floe were playing matches and the round ended on laura's command grab.

Floe said "Her boob's practically falling out" and JW said something like "That what she's there for!". He wasn't wrong.

Just wait til they spice Juri up even more

Ya'll really talking trash about my Cammy? We can settle this in the game.

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/crack-neck.gif?w=620&h=264&crop=1[IMG]

[IMG]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f339/TrickeryandLies/You%20Know/Fandom%20Macros%20and%20Gifs/tumblr_lxto46Eh0a1ql3vm4o1_500.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Bruh, all I'm saying is that if she had some Heidern-esque pants for her story outfit, she'd look dope as hell.

Laura has quite sexual animations.

imo tho Mika is fine - she's going for the OTT wrestling thing and she sticks the landing well. She's like... Joey Ryan or something. Cammy not wearing pants meanwhile doesn't make sense for a secret agent.

ElFly

I don't think that's the reason; Chun had a similar costume in SF4 so we were prepared. It's also a dress a woman could conceivable wear, while Cammy story mode costume is not something people would wear.

Pompadour

I don't think that's the reason; Chun had a similar costume in SF4 so we were prepared. It's also a dress a woman could conceivable wear, while Cammy story mode costume is not something people would wear.

Cammy's story mode outfit just looks like she forgot to put on pants. Same with her Battle outfit, plus she forgot to zip up her jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom