• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that's the reason; Chun had a similar costume in SF4 so we were prepared. It's also a dress a woman could conceivable wear, while Cammy story mode costume is not something people would wear.
Also, Hot Chun was revealed alongside Hot Ryu - so people couldn't really complain about one and not the other. Also the Hot Chun costume looks like there were actually some design principles.
Birdie is lewd as fuck
I cannot believe they show his banana so often.

I don't think that's the reason; Chun had a similar costume in SF4 so we were prepared. It's also a dress a woman could conceivable wear, while Cammy story mode costume is not something people would wear.
You sure about that?
austen-brothers-3033.jpg

Though I'm still sticking with my story that Cammy just left the house that morning in a real hurry and didn't realize she wasn't wearing pants until Vega showed up.

mbpm1

Well in canon, Cammy's reason for pantslessness throughout her whole character appearance is legit "she really hates pants"

Why?

Who knows!

I know

LakeEarth

Karin is the only character that doesn't have an overtly sexual costume. Her story mode costume is sexy, but it's something a normal woman would wear and fits her character as a socialite.

Laura's story mode costume would make a stripper blush, and defies the laws of physics.

Whales

Banned

not gonna lie i've seen some people wear something like cammy is wearing on her story costume lol

Mediking

Cammy knows she's sexy and waifu material. That's why she never talks about being a waifu or being sexy. It's a unspoken thing about her.

She's also much concerned about her sisters.

She also likes cats.

Cammy knows she's sexy and waifu material. That's why she never talks about being a waifu or being sexy. It's a unspoken thing about her.

She's also much concerned about her sisters.

She also likes cats.
Laura likes bending over.

She also enjoys making sexual innuendos.

She also wears low cut clothing.

She likes grabbing people.

Laura is unknowingly and intentional flirt at the same time.

Bring it. I'll defend the sex appeal in SFV all freaking day.
I don't mind sex appeal either. I mind it when a character's sex appeal is practically the ONLY thing that character has going for them, design-wise.

Let's be real, there are going to be more characters and there are going to be more slutty costumes for other characters too, but they won't be defined by their "sexiness" while Laura will.

Whales

Banned
Laura likes bending over.

She also enjoys making sexual innuendos.

She also wears low cut clothing.

She likes grabbing people.

also in her story mode, IIRC at some point she tells birdie '' ill get you to eat if you fight me ;)''

he answers ''really?''

then she looked at him with the dirtiest smile of all time

birdie ate good that day... smh

mbpm1

I don't mind sex appeal either. I mind it when a character's sex appeal is practically the ONLY thing that character has going for them, design-wise.

Let's be real, there are going to be more characters and there are going to be more slutty costumes for other characters too, but they won't be defined by their "sexiness" while Laura will.

Juri will be

Mediking

??? Lol I don't get it....

Laura likes to fight and share the Matsuda Jujitsu around the world.

Yes, her personality is cheesy but guess what? Ryu, the poster boy for the franchise, is incredibly cheesy too.

Laura also happens to be a babe.

What's the problem?

Juri will be
Juri still has a backstory that goes slightly deeper than "I want to wrestle people".

Plus she's crazy, and crazy's always fun if nothing else.

Yes, her personality is cheesy but guess what? Ryu, the poster boy for the franchise, is incredibly cheesy too.

What's the problem?
Oh come on, you have to realize there's a massive difference between Ryu and Laura. Ryu is in a way the opposite of Laura in the sense that he has practically no personality.

It's not about the fact that Laura is a babe, that's fine. It's that being a babe's the only thing she's got going for her. She has nothing else. And the sexual innuendos man.

What's the problem?

ryu doesn't do this.
UXlgWXn.gif

laura isn't a real person and therefore is not choosing to do anything so she doesn't "just so happen" to be anything. she is designed to be that way and her main design goal is a sex object. that's it, and why many people don't take issue with Hot Chun, R. Mika, etc.

Whales

Banned
??? Lol I don't get it....

What's the problem?

ryu doesn't wear a thong to swing his dick around

FluxWaveZ

Despite her costumes, R. Mika is one of the coolest characters in the game personality wise. I just wish she didn't have to be some kind of sidekick to Zangief.

MrCarter

ryu doesn't do this.
UXlgWXn.gif

laura isn't a real person and therefore is not choosing to do anything so she doesn't "just so happen" to be anything. she is designed to be that way and her main design goal is a sex object. that's it, and why many people don't take issue with Hot Chun, R. Mika, etc.

So what if it is? We need variety in the game and some sex appeal is better that no sex appeal at all. Apart from her being sexy she does have a great, interesting and unique play style.

So what if it is? We need variety in the game and some sex appeal is better that no sex appeal at all. Apart from her being sexy she does have a great, interesting and unique play style.
There is no variety to the sex appeal tho. There's Laura and her 3 alts, Cammy's legs, Hot Chun, Mika to an extent - and then Hot Ryu. That's like the beginning and the end of the variety.

FluxWaveZ

I actually love Mika's outfits tbh, even that premium one. I think she'd wear it, were she real.

i would

Over time, I've come to dislike Mika's default outfit more and more. It's ugly as hell. But I do like her Story mode costume and, though it's a bit crazy, I liked her Premium costume when I first saw it.

Not too sure I need the sex appeal, but it becomes jarring when every female character is designed for it.

Mediking

Juri still has a backstory that goes slightly deeper than "I want to wrestle people".

Plus she's crazy, and crazy's always fun if nothing else.Oh come on, you have to realize there's a massive difference between Ryu and Laura. Ryu is in a way the opposite of Laura in the sense that he has practically no personality.

It's not about the fact that Laura is a babe, that's fine. It's that being a babe's the only thing she's got going for her. She has nothing else. And the sexual innuendos man.

ryu doesn't do this.
UXlgWXn.gif

ryu doesn't wear a thong to swing his dick around

Laura is confident in her body. Is there something wrong with knowing you have a nice body and liking to show it off when you wanna?

mbpm1

Plus she's crazy, and crazy's always fun if nothing else.

You wouldn't know it from in game tho

gotta hit up the ovas for those

Speaking of fellatio, the one thing that bugs me about Alex is how all of the win quotes for other characters regarding him are complementary. "Oh wow, what a fight! I can't wait to see how you improve!" "Wow, you have some real skills!" It's kind of annoying.
Vega: Sophistication is so far beyond you. Die.

Laura is confident in her body. Is there something wrong with knowing you have a nice body and liking to show it off when you wanna?
Boy, you just won't give up lol. Again, it's not the fact that she's sexy that's the problem, it's that she's only sexy and nothing else. She's not particularly bright, she's not charismatic, she doesn't have a backstory that's interesting, she doesn't have anything special. Just the fact that she's insanely hot and likes showing it off.
Speaking of fellatio, the one thing that bugs me about Alex is how all of the win quotes from other characters when beating him are complementary. "Oh wow, what a fight! I can't wait to see how you improve!" "Wow, you have some real skills!" It's kind of annoying.
It's always funny when characters make fun of the fact that FANG doesn't have the number 2 written on his clothes correctly.

FluxWaveZ

Speaking of fellatio, the one thing that bugs me about Alex is how all of the win quotes for other characters regarding him are complementary. "Oh wow, what a fight! I can't wait to see how you improve!" "Wow, you have some real skills!" It's kind of annoying.

And then we have the awesome Mika, who actually puts him down in her win quote when she's used to complimenting or trying to help everyone else, even the bad guys.

Speaking of fellatio, the one thing that bugs me about Alex is how all of the win quotes from other characters when beating him are complementary. "Oh wow, what a fight! I can't wait to see how you improve!" "Wow, you have some real skills!" It's kind of annoying.

7pGgh6W.gif

tru tho. and he is so mean to poor mika :(

Mediking

Boy, you just won't give up lol. Again, it's not the fact that she's sexy that's the problem, it's that she's only sexy and nothing else. She's not particularly bright, she's not charismatic, she doesn't have a backstory that's interesting, she doesn't have anything special. Just the fact that she's insanely hot and likes showing it off.

SHE LIKES TO FIGHT AND SHARE THE MATSUDA JIJUTSU. SHE IS SEAN'S SISTER.

SHE'S NOT JUST SEXY.

Is there much depth to MIKA? The girl whose so obsessed with Zangief? What about Ken? He's just a daddy and the best friend to the main guy. Is his backstory... interesting?

See what I'm doing here? You're not treating Laura fair. Just because you don't like her depth... doesn't mean she doesn't have any.

FluxWaveZ

SHE LIKES TO FIGHT AND SHARE THE MATSUDA JIJUTSU. SHE IS SEAN'S SISTER.

SHE'S NOT JUST SEXY.

Is there much depth to MIKA? The girl whose so obsessed with Zangief? What about Ken? He's just a daddy and the best friend to the main guy. Is his backstory... interesting?

See what I'm doing here? You're not treating Laura fair. Just because you don't like her depth... doesn't mean she doesn't have any.

Nah, I agree with everyone else. Laura is a brick. Mika and Ken have far more depth to them than Laura does. Laura literally just has this, with no complexity to any of these:

1. Sexiness and her will to flaunt it.
2. She is a Matsuda Jiu jitsu evangelist to an annoying extent.
3. She wants to fight strong opponents.

It does a great disservice to characters like Mika or Ken when you compare Laura's background and personality to them.

Mediking

Nah, I agree with everyone else. Laura is a brick. Mika and Ken have far more depth to them than Laura does. Laura literally just has this, with no complexity to any of these:

1. Sexiness and her will to flaunt it.
2. She is a Matsuda Jiu jitsu evangelist to an annoying extent.
3. She wants to fight strong opponents.

It does a great disservice to characters like Mika or Ken when you compare Laura's background and personality to them.

I like Mika but I can be rough like you guys are being to Laura. Mika is just a "Senpai, notice me!!!" girl to Zangief. WAS THAT FAIR?

I like Mika but I can be rough like you guys are being to Laura. Mika is just a "Senpai, notice me!!!" girl to Zangief. WAS THAT FAIR?
Bro, it's just a character. I like FANG and I can see why people don't like FANG's schtick.

Ryu has no personality.

Ken's English VA is horrible.

Birdie is perfection.

Cammy's story can get kinda boring.

Necalli is stupid.

EDIT: Bison is dope.

Rashid is also dope.

Chun-Li is classic Chun-Li, you can't hate her.

Zangief can get a tad annoying at times.

Karin is cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom