• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Can't you EX peach on reaction?

Not unless I'm close enough for the first hit of it to reach, which is not a distance a Ryu will typically be spamming Hadokens. You'll see that that's exactly what I tried at 1:57.

Edit: What I actually should have done in round 2 and 3 of that match is stop being so defensive. I should have relied more on dashes to get in and not drop kick spam (which I was slightly okay with doing because of my opponent's countless fireballs and lack of neutral jumping to avoid them), and I should have used way more command grabs. Whether messing around or not, my opponent realized I was one to defend reversals when I'm on the offense in round 1, so he then opted to not throw out any when I was always waiting for them. I could have taken the upper hand by being more reckless, or even using normal throws more.

SephLuis

Not unless I'm close enough for the first hit of it to reach, which is not a distance a Ryu will typically be spamming Hadokens. You'll see that that's exactly what I tried at 1:57.

Try mic.

People usually don't want Mika charging her damage on it and they become more wary with the fireball game.

FluxWaveZ

Try mic.

People usually don't want Mika charging her damage on it and they become more wary with the fireball game.

Absolutely not. Sorry, but that's horrible advice. Did you see the video? I would get hit by a million fireballs after I just press MP+MK once. It is not a viable option to counter fireballs in the least; you'll never, ever see a Mika go for that in this kind of situation. Heated Mic Performance is absolute garbage and is only viable in neutral game, mind game situations when both players are walking back and forth like they're dancing, and even then it's insanely risky.

You got fundamentals'd

Yep, I was outplayed pretty clearly there. Again, I think I was just too scared during my second round, so I didn't take advantage of what I could have. Really not into standing in place and blocking all day, though; I should at least neutral jump more to avoid fireballs and maybe make the opponent hesitate a bit before the next, giving me a few moments to get in closer.

Alucrid

Banned

Edit: What I actually should have done in round 2 and 3 of that match is stop being so defensive. I should have relied more on dashes to get in and not drop kick spam (which I was slightly okay with doing because of my opponent's countless fireballs and lack of neutral jumping to avoid them), and I should have used way more command grabs. Whether messing around or not, my opponent realized I was one to defend reversals when I'm on the offense in round 1, so he then opted to not throw out any when I was always waiting for them. I could have taken the upper hand by being more reckless, or even using normal throws more.

after round one he seemed to punish a lot of the whiffed charged hk with sweeps. but yeah, some more pressure with her target combo or mk might have helped

KingBroly

Banned
Remember how everyone thought Fireball spam would be dead in this game?

yeah...

Ryu needs everything nerfed though. Fireballs, Speed, Normals by 2-5 frames each, damage by 10-30 hp each, less stun, etc.

yeah...

Ryu needs everything nerfed though. Fireballs, Speed, Normals by 2-5 frames each, damage by 10-30 hp each, less stun, etc.
No, Ryu is terrible. All he can do is turtle. Terrible normals, terrible priority, terrible character.
-icecold

Steroyd

For the first time I feel I'm starting to understand chun li, I actually beat low level chuns without getting bruised all over for once, still get caught turtling from time to time, though got some decent tips from an Alex player who porked me sideways. ^_^

I'm pretty sure I could get a Bison premium costume from Amazon if I really tried. All it takes is being super nice and getting a person whose also kind.

I already have Cammy's premium costume. I want Chun's... and I will pay 4 dollars for hers.
I actually pre ordered off of Amazon and they never gave me a costume code.

I finally contacted them a couple days ago about it and they gave me a code...unfortunately it was a code for the online comic or whatever.

BUT they gave me a $20 credit towards my next purchase. I'll fucking take it. Probably buy Ratchet and Clank for under 20 bucks

FluxWaveZ

For the first time I feel I'm starting to understand chun li, I actually beat low level chuns without getting bruised all over for once, still get caught turtling from time to time, though got some decent tips from an Alex player who porked me sideways. ^_^

I started understanding Chun-Li a bit more the moment I understood the simple fact that she needs to charge to use her reversal, thanks to some discussion in this thread. I still haven't tried all of the characters, so eventually doing so will help me understand their motions and how they relate to their game plan, but keeping in mind that Chun-Li has to charge to reversal changed my offense quite a bit.

I love how Mika tried to learn Dhalsim's fireball in the story.

And wow... that guy fought lame.

A lot of Mika's win quotes are about her wanting to learn the other fighter's techniques. From the top of my head, she wants to learn Ken's, Dhalsim's and Vega's. Then there are others like FANG's where she also expresses her love of their technique.

Duress

Cool can't counter Nash's j. Mk without trading. I had a guy constantly jump in on me.

Couldn't play keep away.

Well time for a break.

Maybe some Fallout 4.

qcf x2

Fuck this fireball shit.

Give Mika fireballs. Or give Mika teleports. Or give Mika a way to grab fireballs mid-air and throw it back to the opponent.

You did well the first round but you had several opportunities to ex peach him when he threw those hadoukens in pairs in rounds 2 and especially 3.

yeah...

Give him 700 health and remove his command grab rite

Skilletor

yeah...

Remember when everybody was mad that he kept getting "nerfed" after each beta.

hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Fuck this fireball shit.

Give Mika fireballs. Or give Mika teleports. Or give Mika a way to grab fireballs mid-air and throw it back to the opponent.
That was some solid Ryu play. That's how I've been trying to play him. I'm usually very aggressive, but I need to learn that lame playstyle a bit better with him.

yeah...

I can't tell if this is a serious post or not.

stn

Ryu needs everything nerfed though.
No. Please no. Its better to have the weaker characters buffed. The last thing this game needs is weak characters, because the gameplay itself is already very "basic" in the eyes of many. Having gimped characters does not do this game any favors.

FluxWaveZ

You did well the first round but you had several opportunities to ex peach him when he threw those hadoukens in pairs in rounds 2 and especially 3.

markwaters mentioned that, too. Is this really a viable option? I remember before in this thread I had posted a match against a Vega, and people were surprised I wasn't using EX Peach more. I've mainly just been using it as a combo move for corner carry, so I guess I haven't learned, or even thought much about implementing it at neutral. Something I'll have to practice, then.

FluxWaveZ

couldnt you just have used that EX move with 1 hit of armor

plz give ryu a rope throw

Well, again, that's what I tried at 1:57, but I just got hit. Was that one just too far? I feel like any closer is when it becomes inadvisable for dealing with fireballs, but perhaps not.

Whales

Banned
Well, again, that's what I tried at 1:57, but I just got hit. Was that one just too far? I feel like any closer is when it becomes inadvisable for dealing with fireballs, but perhaps not.

That was too far, pretty sure the armor is sooner in the animation

I know it because when I try to turtle vs Mikas with my Ryu they blow my shit up with that EX move and make me scared to use hadokens once they have 1 bar

It's also probably why that ryu started using a few EX hadokens too, he probably was trying to counter that EX peach move in case it came out

just looking quickly the distance you were at at around 1:30ish looked okay, a little bit closer is even better too

Skilletor

It's no surprise that Ryu is strong. He is the character around which everybody was designed. He should be strong. Now they have a goal to shoot for when they do end up balancing. You don't make Ryu weaker because that will make everybody else weak. You make Ryu strong so that you can make everybody else better.

Rektash

How do we still get 1 bar connections when we set MM to 5 bar only? We are approaching 2 months and they still haven't fixed basic shit like that?

LakeEarth

That was too far, pretty sure the armor is sooner in the animation

I know it because when I try to turtle vs Mikas with my Ryu they blow my shit up with that EX move and make me scared to use hadokens once they have 1 bar

It's also probably why that ryu started using a few EX hadokens too, he probably was trying to counter that EX peach move in case it came out

just looking quickly the distance you were at at around 1:30ish looked okay, a little bit closer is even better too
Damdai was definitely using EX fireballs when Mika was close. He was trying to prevent EX peach for sure.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";201088800]lol the fact that you made top 500 and got a round against the best ST player in the world without knowing how to neutral jump really just goes to show how mindless Mika's vortex is.[/QUOTE]
Lmao. Flux ain't bad, and this certainly isn't ST.

K.Sabot

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";201088800]lol the fact that you made top 500 and got a round against the best ST player in the world without knowing how to neutral jump really just goes to show how mindless Mika's vortex is.[/QUOTE]

Goddamn.

also getting top 500 isn't really that hard

i let myself drop out of there all the time and it only takes me an hour of ranked and i'm back to 300

mbpm1

lol

FluxWaveZ

Drop kick > neutral jump

I'll neutral jump when dealing with Nash's fireballs, though, but there's something about Ryu/Ken where I just hate standing in place while they zone. Such a pain.

Whales

Banned

dayum this thread is savage

LegendX48

Fuck this fireball shit.

how is anyone supposed to deal with a brick wall Ryu like that? It's like trying to move an immovable object; dude never let you in after the first round or left himself open much, if at all.

Beyond that, I feel like you could've gotten away with a few command grabs in there.

KingBroly

Banned
That was some solid Ryu play. That's how I've been trying to play him. I'm usually very aggressive, but I need to learn that lame playstyle a bit better with him.

I can't tell if this is a serious post or not.

The first part was, because fireballs were super good in SF4. The second part not so much.

You can't simply buff anything and everything to create balance. While buffs can help, you're still going to need nerfs somewhere down the line.

how is anyone supposed to deal with a brick wall Ryu like that? It's like trying to move an immovable object; dude never let you in after the first round or left himself open much, if at all.

Beyond that, I feel like you could've gotten away with a few command grabs in there.
Against that particular player? There's very little anyone can do; he's insanely good.

qcf x2

markwaters mentioned that, too. Is this really a viable option? I remember before in this thread I had posted a match against a Vega, and people were surprised I wasn't using EX Peach more. I've mainly just been using it as a combo move for corner carry, so I guess I haven't learned, or even thought much about implementing it at neutral. Something I'll have to practice, then.

Yeah, in the neutral space I do it if the opponent "blinks," ie if they begin an animation that I recognize as not walking backwards or forwards or hitting light buttons. This is something you can practice by setting the CPU to 8 in training (just watch for those supers).

Too far / you did it too soon. The armor has to absorb the fireball which means it loses if equally timed at point blank range and if done too early, since I believe the first frame does NOT have armor.

Tbh I wonder what would have happened if you did a V-reversal when you had him cornered and he was pressing buttons. You were def thinking too much about the plasma.

mbpm1

The first part was, because fireballs were super good in SF4. The second part not so much.

You can't simply buff anything and everything to create balance. While buffs can help, you're still going to need nerfs somewhere down the line.

Nope. keep buffing until it's Vanilla Marvel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom