• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mika is the best grappler in the game, probably in the upper half of the roster and people hate fighting grapplers or any character where you might need to play radically different.

There's several at my local, nobody likes fighting good ones win or lose.
She probably is the best one overall, but I think Zangief, Laura, and Birdie can handle certain matchups MUCH better than she can, and that's gonna be a problem for her.

Shouta

All the Mika hate is garbage.

Alex gets in - he can kill you on mixups
Laura gets in - she can kill you on mixups
Zangief gets in - he can kill you on mixups

Mika gets in - OMG WTF THIS CHARACTER IS SO STUPID URGH BRAINLEEEEEESSSSSSSS

Pretty much. Lots of people hate playing defense and learning how to block it too, lol.

Renkax

Just got this problem. Trying to do Local VS. Player 1 is the pad, player 2 is the HORI RAP4. The game isn't allowing player 2 to move to hit "ready". But he can hit the PSBUTTON and move on the XMB. What's going on and what can I do?

Pretty much. Who likes getting put into the corner from mid-screen. I sure don't. Fuck Mika.
I feel the same. Doesn't matter if it's by design, it still feels cheap. In reality, there are ways out of it and it's flawed which technically makes it not cheap I guess, but it still feels cheap to me.

Don't you still have to piano from the kick first?
I'm just making sure my thumb leads MK before my ring finger hits MP. If my ring finger hits MP first it doesn't work; but the sensitivity in RAP4K's buttons will consistently read the input if you go thumb/MK first. At least for me.

EDIT
this doesn't work, you are prolly inputting the kick slightly early, throw/vskill/vtrigger override any other input.
Oh yeah, just mapping MP+MK in button config definitely doesn't work. But the method I described above definitely inputs consistently for me, far better than sliding or playing the piano.

Justify it in 38 frames or less!

oz5.10b-4.gif

Alucrid

Banned

i don't know. i kinda like it. makes my wins even better

LakeEarth

Why whenever people don't want the rematch, they just let the 10 seconds wind down instead of just going to the main menu option? Why are we wasting time here?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Heh I *do* hate Laura, though. But I do main Mika and now Alex. Mika hate makes no sense to me because she is just so damn sincere and earnest. She's LOVING the Street Fighter life and brings the hype every single time. Mika, in one word, is joy.

Heh I *do* hate Laura, though. But I do main Mika and now Alex. Mika hate makes no sense to me because she is just so damn sincere and earnest. She's LOVING the Street Fighter life and brings the hype every single time. Mika, in one word, is joy.
I feel the same way. I enjoy watching her fight and I'd rather fight her than most of the SF2 cast.

Step 1
Fight somebody 3 leagues below me proceed to win get 10-25 points

Step 2
Rematch them proceed to lose then lose 125 points

Step 3
Watch them decline the next rematch

Step 4
Salt

Mediking

I poked around in Survival and found out why the AI goes ham on you - in the final few rounds it ups the difficulty to "MEDIUM_HARD"

for reference, most of the levels in Survival 30 are "VERY_EASY" or "EASY_MEDIUM"

"People who are new to the series are gonna love this!"

Survival Mode needs to die.

Mediking

Pretty much. Who likes getting put into the corner from mid-screen. I sure don't. Fuck Mika.

Uhhh... that's KEN. An expert Ken player does that all the time. It's insane how one of his combos literally pushes his opponent to the other side of the screen within seconds.

I'm not whining on message boards about it, but she's definitely my least favorite character to fight. I actually love fighting those other 3, so it's not grappler hate.

I hated fightin Karin at first too, so maybe eventually I'll get used to her. Fuck irish whip tho.

KingBroly

Banned
they don't need to ban anyone. they will just world_combo your fight money and call it a day.

They probably don't have a plan in place to do something like that. Just like Rage-Quitting and User Mods. They don't want users creating their own mods because they perceive it to be 'oh, because they got this for free, people won't buy this other thing we made.'

Renekton

Anyone have a short list on which characters are crouched after whiffed DP? E.g. Karin EX Rassenha.

Uhhh... that's KEN. An expert Ken player does that all the time. It's insane how one of his combos literally pushes his opponent to the other side of the screen within seconds.
Alex and Karin have good corner carry too, something about Blondes?

Edgeward

Anyone have a short list on which characters are crouched after whiffed DP? E.g. Karin EX Rassenha.

Alex and Karin have good corner carry too, something about Blondes?

I know Rashid's does too. Makes it hard for Vega since his CC only hits standing opponents,

hamchan

Capcom launched this game in shambles. Their incompetence in most aspects of this game makes me confident enough that they can't do anything to people who have already modded survival mode.

Renekton

Capcom launched this game in shambles. Their incompetence in most aspects of this game makes me confident enough that they can't do anything to people who have already modded survival mode.
I'm guessing they will manually dock those who egregiously abused it for FM/EXP, no way this stuff is hard to datamine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom