• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Banned
I'm guessing they will manually dock those who egregiously abused it for FM/EXP, no way this stuff is hard to datamine.

Considering they don't even have leaderboards for Survival, I'm guessing that personal messages of when you earned something is deleted after a day or so.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Capcom launched this game in shambles. Their incompetence in most aspects of this game makes me confident enough that they can't do anything to people who have already modded survival mode.

Probably. But the game does have to at least communicate with the server in some fashion to give you the EXP/FM reward.

So, if a snapshot of your record is being sent to the server, it'd be mighty suspicious to have a clear time of 10 seconds for Hard survival, or 50 perfects in a row.

Moaradin

Probably. But the game does have to at least communicate with the server in some fashion to give you the EXP/FM reward.

So, if a snapshot of your record is being sent to the server, it'd be mighty suspicious to have a clear time of 10 seconds for Hard survival, or 50 perfects in a row.

That stuff is all stored locally so I don't think Capcom is uploading that data to the servers.

Renekton

Considering they don't even have leaderboards for Survival, I'm guessing that personal messages of when you earned something is deleted after a day or so.
Ya I think that's client side. Any game server should have all historical info stored so just plug a reporting tool in downtime and filter by game mode column.

That stuff is all stored locally so I don't think Capcom is uploading that data to the servers.
It is locally for costume colors.

For EXP/FM you need to be online so some exchange has to be performed.

KingBroly

Banned

All it notes is that you did it, it doesn't upload anything.

hamchan

I think since they made it theoretically possible to get all the FM anyways, they won't do anything and just hope you're a potential customer of the premium costumes that only real money can buy.

Trickster

there's gotta be a range where you can get away with it lol

Not on reaction. It's pretty slow on startup

Edit - okay yes, if you're far enough away you can't get punished, but at that point there's really not an advantage to doing it rather than just close the gab with a jump

Trickster

better chance of getting DP'd for jumping tbh

not if you use the down.mp mid air to cut your jump arc short, if anything, jumping is better because you could bait a dp and punish, rather than slide along the ground like a snail with no positive outcome available.

Am I the only one who thinks the fighter profile is worthless? I mean it doesnt seem to track anything for me, and shows nothing when i look at other peoples. Did capcom just say "fuck it, it's too much work."

Trickster

Am I the only one who thinks the fighter profile is worthless? I mean it doesnt seem to track anything for me, and shows nothing when i look at other peoples. Did capcom just say "fuck it, it's too much work."

That's what happens when you release a game when it's still in the beta stage unfortunately.

not if you use the down.mp mid air to cut your jump arc short, if anything, jumping is better because you could bait a dp and punish, rather than slide along the ground like a snail with no positive outcome available.

I mean.. slowly getting in like a snail seems a bit better than eating fireballs for 40 seconds and learning nothing lol

Trickster

I mean.. slowly getting in like a snail seems a bit better than eating fireballs for 40 seconds and learning nothing lol

You're never gonna get in with the slide though. Any player who knows the matchup is gonna either stop with the projectiles at a certain distance, or just punish the slide after a projectile when in range for that.

Edit - Ryu is so broken against Mika, seriously fuck whoever gave him parry

You're never gonna get in with the slide though. Any player who knows the matchup is gonna either stop with the projectiles at a certain distance, or just punish the slide after a projectile when in range for that.

Edit - Ryu is so broken against Mika, seriously fuck whoever gave him parry

Ryu has to play honest and zone you out for as long as he can to win the match. If he decides to rush you down and get in your face that's exactly where you want him. If he makes any mistakes or gets hit by one irish whip you can possibly take the match off of that with 3 or so right reads tbh

Also I don't think it's his parry that makes the MU hard lol

Trickster

Ryu has to play honest and zone you out for as long as he can to win the match. If he decides to rush you down and get in your face that's exactly where you want him. If he makes any mistakes or gets hit by one irish whip you can possibly take the match off of that with 3 or so right reads tbh

Like I believe Flux said earlier, dude is a brick wall. Parry allowing him to punish normally safe on block things is just so unnecesarry when he already have all the shit he has

He can already be played like the highest, densest wall without it right now. When people finally master it Chun nerf requests will look quaint.

I'd love to see people master the Ryu parry, but I don't think it's going to be a huge gamechanger. If you rely too much on that shit, you whiff and eat some heavy damage, and I think the best way to use it is to find a middle ground. Much harder to do in the heat of a match and much harder to pull off and consistently punish with it unless you are a machine of some sort and the other person doesn't change their gameplan.

At one of my locals, one of the dudes was definitely on point with his parries, but he got to reliant on them and ended up eating so much damage it took him out of the match. Like you could tell he practiced for hours against different situations, but he didn't know how to switch that off when people faked him out, threw him, and made him scared.

When the hell is guile coming? I can't play this game more than an hour before I'm bored out of my mind...

I think you just don't like the core game then? A new character isn't going to change much.

I've told people this time and time again, but if it's possible, play offline at a local. For me, at least, it's a drastic difference because I'm learning, getting fast matches, and don't stress about points.

Might not fix your problem though.

Question... will SFV get arcade boards eventually?

nah, gotta make ur own

ac416c7305bf226467df6da93a5de5178ec6c956.jpg

When the hell is guile coming? I can't play this game more than an hour before I'm bored out of my mind...

I am like you, but i don't think Guile is going to change how I feel, recently starting to think this was a bad purchase..I would venture into F2P KI season 3, but damn the DL is a lot for my connection, so I will continue playing for now, but who knows when SFV will be moved to my Never Play again list on Steam Library...

Like I believe Flux said earlier, dude is a brick wall. Parry allowing him to punish normally safe on block things is just so unnecesarry when he already have all the shit he has
Maybe like 5% of all Ryu players -- pros included -- use the parry, so it's not like it's spammed.

Ryu is fucking solid though. I only reliably win against turtles who don't realize HP Ressenha goes full screen and over fireballs. Block the wakeup DP, combo, then retreat and repeat. :p

LakeEarth

Alex's fully charged V-Trigger thing can do that. I don't think there are any other moves that can break a block other than Ryu's V-Triggered fireballs.

I read that you can land Alex's fully charged v-trigger off a crush counter sweep cancelled into his v-trigger. I haven't tried it myself, but that sounds like something super powerful against non-reversal characters.

SAiLO

Hilarious. Two RQ from two different players. One after another.

One in first match the other in third match as I was finishing him off with Shinku Hadouken. Sad, sad people. Shame on you!

Trickster

Nah, I'm not the one who said that. Brick wall or not, my intention is to break it.

Ah I see, must've been someone responding to you I guess.

I still say he's so good that he's broken in the matchup though. There really isn't any other character where I feel as unable to do litterally anything to them.

Mediking

Should be able to buy continues with points accumulated during survival. Obviously they'd cost a lot.

Why make a Continue cost anything??? Trying to get more colors shouldn't be full of stress and regret.

1st Continue should be free.

Any other Continue after that can cost Points but still shouldn't cost that much.

Cater to the freaking userbase that's actually playing your game. Don't slap them around. CATER to them.

Baleoce

Why make a Continue cost anything??? Trying to get more colors shouldn't be full of stress and regret.

I actually agree with you with the game as it is at the moment, I'm just going with the theme of survival in how you pay for bonuses. because it's survival. Not arcade mode. it's to differentiate itself from a mode that funnily enough doesn't exist at the moment xD But when or if they do eventually add it, then obviously continues are free in that. And yes, colours being tied to survival in general is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom