• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in and out of the Warzone stream and I didn't see any Alex players in top32. Is this right? I'm pretty bummed honestly I wanted to see some high level Alex play there.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
2 things:

1) Good thing I never play Ranked

2) Good thing I never play Ranked with Alex

Losing at a prodigious clip tonight. Negative LP if such a thing was possible.

I initially hated FANG's design and thought he looked like a loser; but he's such an amazingly entertaining character to watch. Aggro FANG is a thing to behold.

Trickster

Jesus, don't take the rematch after you won if you're gonna dc like a like bitch just because you're gonna lose a lot of points

Was playing in Battle Lounge against someone with a 1 bar connection. Teleportation fest and weird rollbacks. I managed to win, but after that I left the lounge. Got a message on PSN asking me to not come into their room so they can not lose their win streak. The english was bad too. It was the weirdest salty message I ever got. I told him/her sure, no problem. Very weird.

Trickster

Having to maintain a 3:1 win ratio to not drop in lp when fighting people 2 ranks ( 1000lp for where i am ) below you is so absurd to my mind.

I can do great for long stretches of time where I maintain a great win ratio, and then have 3-4 matches in a row where I lose, and boom. I'm back down 4-500 lp and out of gold again.

Really don't understand why they went away from the system from SF4, it was better in every way

I just caved in and ordered the Prima guide. I've been playing on instinct and limited knowledge of matchups this whole time. There are only a few things I'm sure about in this game and that needs to change. Time to step it up.

Hopefully this guide can help me understand this game a lot better.

fresquito

I just caved in and ordered the Prima guide. I've been playing on instinct and limited knowledge of matchups this whole time. There are only a few things I'm sure about in this game and that needs to change. Time to step it up.

Hopefully this guide can help me understand this game a lot better.
You only need to learn using training mode better.

Using Training mode realistically only helps if you know what you're looking for. Guides can certainly help new players learn what's what and how to improve their general play.

EDIT: Fucking hell Capcom, some news on Guile would be nice right about now.

Using Training mode realistically only helps if you know what you're looking for. Guides can certainly help new players learn what's what and how to improve their general play.

What I really need is matchup knowledge. I'm currently getting stuffed by Necalli, Ken and Cammy's quick jabs into combos. I have no idea what Nash can do against their speed.

If I can have something tell me that X move is or is not good against Y move and I can go into training mode and experience it for myself, while having a reference to go back to and study on my downtime and breaks at work, then this guide will be well worth the $20.

fresquito

What I really need is matchup knowledge. I'm currently getting stuffed by Necalli, Ken and Cammy's quick jabs into combos. I have no idea what Nash can do against their speed.

If I can have something tell me that X move is or is not good against Y move and I can go into training mode and experience it for myself, while having a reference to go back to and study on my downtime and breaks at work, then this guide will be well worth the $20.
Typical process in training mode.

1. You reproduce in the dummie what you are needing to find a solution dor.
2. Find as many solutions as you can.
3. Set the dummie to execute these solutions.
4. Find solutions against them to see whose are best.

It's a never ending process. A guide will only tell you frame data. Not specific range or matchup interactions. Of course a guide will help, but luckily fighting games are not only about numbers.

I'm not a Nash player, but usually Nash has three solutions for his defense:

1. V-Reversal.
2. V-Trigger.
3. Positioning yourself in a place where you don't need to block.

The third is the one you need to work on more. Like, a ton of work.

SAiLO

DS4 is so shit. After playing this game since release I have noticed how d-pad had deteriorated and now more and more specials don't execute every time.

Basically fighting against the opponent and the controller.

And it's not my fingers.

Is there any actual tests of the legacy controllers from Ps3 having input lag and "dropped Inputs?" I see a lot of tweets and forum posts saying so but obody showing that they have proven it.

It seems fine to me and if I don't have to buy a new stick I won't.

Typical process in training mode.

1. You reproduce in the dummie what you are needing to find a solution dor.
2. Find as many solutions as you can.
3. Set the dummie to execute these solutions.
4. Find solutions against them to see whose are best.

It's a never ending process. A guide will only tell you frame data. Not specific range or matchup interactions. Of course a guide will help, but luckily fighting games are not only about numbers.

I'm not a Nash player, but usually Nash has three solutions for his defense:

1. V-Reversal.
2. V-Trigger.
3. Positioning yourself in a place where you don't need to block.

The third is the one you need to work on more. Like, a ton of work.
Ah I see. I've never used a guide for anything before. I thought it would give me clear do's and don'ts vs specific characters. I cancelled the order.

I'll use training how you suggested and take notes (X beats Y ect...). I can always go to the replays and see exactly what beat me and replicate it with the dummy.

Back to Ultra Silver again. The climb to Gold is fucking hard. Seems everytime I get to around 3700, all the killers come out and I proceed to lose 700 points.

mbpm1

Actually the prima guide does tell you about that.

what you said is still better tho, as well as asking around

Is there any actual tests of the legacy controllers from Ps3 having input lag and "dropped Inputs?" I see a lot of tweets and forum posts saying so but obody showing that they have proven it.

It seems fine to me and if I don't have to buy a new stick I won't.

legacy was unplayable to me after i've played with a ps4 stick for over a year. it was simply too much lag. if you didn't run into any problems then stick with it. maybe they'll patch it to make it better.

MadGear

I'm trying to get rid of the replays I gathered since launch but after deleting just 5 of them I noticed that I underestimated how long this will take.

Mediking

Infiltration likes to take huge health in the beginning because he knows it's disheartening as heck to lose alotta life in the first 15 seconds in a match. Playing as Nash helps him do that.

As a Cammy main, I can't really take huge health at the start of a match. I'm trading hits and looking for an opening.

Veal

Why am I being matched up with people from Japan? I'm in Arkansas, probably the furthest you can be from Japan! These are not 4 bar connections game!

legacy was unplayable to me after i've played with a ps4 stick for over a year. it was simply too much lag. if you didn't run into any problems then stick with it. maybe they'll patch it to make it better.

Ugh, I just don't love any of the hori options with their own lag issues, and spending $200 on a Madcatz suucks.

I have a hori fc4 pad, maybe I can put that pcb into my Ps3 te stick someday.

SmokeMaxX

Why am I being matched up with people from Japan? I'm in Arkansas, probably the furthest you can be from Japan! These are not 4 bar connections game!
Hey bud. Not sure if you know about us, but we have a nice fighting game facebook group in Arkansas: https://www.facebook.com/groups/373796221942/?fref=nf
Feel free to join and get some local matches in :)
Ugh, I just don't love any of the hori options with their own lag issues, and spending $200 on a Madcatz suucks.

I have a hori fc4 pad, maybe I can put that pcb into my Ps3 te stick someday.
I heard early on that the Hori PS4 sticks have less lag than the MadCatz sticks. Not sure if that's changed though.

Seriously, wake up shoryuken having higher priority over everything is so ridiculous. Because Ryu and Ken are so weak and need that extra bit of speed.

Seriously, wake up shoryuken having higher priority over everything is so ridiculous. Because Ryu and Ken are so weak and need that extra bit of speed.
DPs beating 99% of frametraps are arguably more annoying.

Wakeups DPs can still be dealt with though, as they are still a risky move and that guaranteed Crush Counter combo is not a fun prospect for them.

Ryu and Ken aren't the only characters that have wake up invincible reversals.
No, but being fucking amazing options on an already incredibly tough defensive character like Ryu, and THE entry-level character makes it unbearable.

I've never hated a FG character like I do this Ryu. It's my fucking kryptonite, I get better against every single character but Ryu and he's the most prevalent.

No, but being fucking amazing options on an already incredibly tough defensive character like Ryu, and THE entry-level character makes it unbearable.

I've never hated a FG character like I do this Ryu. It's my fucking kryptonite, I get better against every single character but Ryu and he's the most prevalent.

Ryu has the answer to every situation but that player needs to know and use the right answer. I still think he is top tier but the tiers are pretty close in this game.

SmokeMaxX

This version of ryu is very strong and very annoying. I can't believe there's a video where ryu gets meaty pressure off of basically everything while my character can barely get meaty pressure off of anything. It's a good thing that only a small percentage of people are decent with ryu. Otherwise it'd be a nightmare.

This version of ryu is very strong and very annoying. I can't believe there's a video where ryu gets meaty pressure off of basically everything while my character can barely get meaty pressure off of anything. It's a good thing that only a small percentage of people are decent with ryu. Otherwise it'd be a nightmare.

Hey Smoke, I think I ran into you last week in ranked. You play Birdie, right? If you remember a Ryu parrying your chain and dashing in for a sweep that was me.

And yes I very much enjoy all those meaty set ups and the invincible reversal. Half my opponents are afraid to meaty me on wake up and if they aren't I'll remind them why they should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom