• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Played against my first bot. It was a Ken that would do a shoryuken on reaction everytime time i did Vega's V-Skil and a bunch of perfect 1 frame punishes.

Has Capcom said anything about what they're doing regarding bots?

Haha Yup, this was me last night, except I don't do Ranked as a general rule. Tons of losses though. Frustrating for sure, though today was better. I will stay with him for a while longer.

It hurt me to struggle so badly with him. I was middling with him in Third Strike, too, but he was still my favorite character in that game. Yet for some reason he just doesn't click with me the same way he did there. It just...doesn't feel right somehow.

Yet Nash being far more radically altered did nothing to stop me from picking him right back up from Alpha 3, LOL.

Sim is also tough and could be one of those guys that has a slight advantage against Ryu.
I'd say it's the other way around, due to how Dhalsim's limbs and fireballs have been changed. Yoga Drill and Yoga Gale pressure also isn't as effective against Ryu compared to the majority of the cast. There's more to it, but yeah.

I'm expecting to hear news this week with a release date next week. I agree that it's the lack of communication that's most frustrating.

We don't need updates every day but we definitely shouldn't have to wait till the month is almost over to hear news.

qcf x2

No Laura in WCW top 32, low tier cfm.

I still think she's good, but that's a bit disconcerting.

RE: rage quits, I've been stuck at silver forever because I won't touch Ranked. Winning 7/10 and getting credit for only 3 of those sucks. RQs are literal wastes of my time.

Rankings are dumb anyway, but it would be nice to be able to play some of the higher level players in Casual and that matches you by points.

Xeteh

I still think she's good, but that's a bit disconcerting.

RE: rage quits, I've been stuck at silver forever because I won't touch Ranked. Winning 7/10 and getting credit for only 3 of those sucks. RQs are literal wastes of my time.

Rankings are dumb anyway, but it would be nice to be able to play some of the higher level players in Casual and that matches you by points.

We should play sometime qcf x2, I'm sure you're better than I am but I'd enjoy the matchup.

So I just discovered that Mika has to hit you first to do that bad girl throw in the corner BS.

And I leanred from Low Ti3r God that Necalli's rush thing can be jabbed out of.

I'm connected but I've been waiting for an opponent forever.

Edit: And now I keep getting kicked.

Guile. I can feel it.

tumblr_loer542LKD1qdvu40o1_500.gif

K.Sabot

One more Chun vid from me.

featuring:
-spacing stomp so that using an air normal after doesn't cross up / crosses up and stays on the same side.
-spacing cr.hp in blockstrings so that it makes mashers whiff and punishes the whiff, while giving a spacing where you can get great rewards when canceling into kikouken / ex kikouken.
-a psa on dashing after chun's forward throw (aka don't do it vs 3 frame normals).

Not much more I could think of or find, only so much water you can squeeze out of the rock that is Chun li in SFV. I'd have ran out of tech after 1 video with any other character.

Trickster

Yeah I got in after a few minutes and haven't had any issues after that. Weird either way

Any tips on how to fight Bison with Mika? I find it really damn near impossible to do much against good Bison players. Getting in is so difficult when the Bison can just keep spamming that safe flip move over and over. And his normals being as great as they are don't make it any better either

Once you're in the corner, you aren't playing Street Fighter anymore. You're questioning the meaning of life and your existence while hating both. You can't tech command throws so I don't know why they just don't spam this over and over but they tend to try and mix it up with a crush counter or booty combo.

Command grab can be neutral jumped. Then the whiffed command grab animation comes out and you can do a full combo upon landing.

Endo Punk

Oh man holding on to that fight money for characters is going to be hard. Got over 400k and very tempted to buy some colours and costumes.

Is it the general consensus that survival is shit? I mean I'm enjoying it a lot more than SF4 survival, I think they have a good idea here by giving you supplements at the end of each fight and I'm glad it's just 1 fight a character. Also thank you 3-frame links, trials are just the right amount of hard.

Command grab can be neutral jumped. Then the whiffed command grab animation comes out and you can do a full combo upon landing.
True, this is what I figured but who would jump on wakeup at the risk of going through one of Mika's full tag team combos for the fourth time within 15 seconds. Then, she could always just regular grab as well. It's a game of rock, paper, scissors that never works out for me.

KingBroly

Banned
Oh man holding on to that fight money for characters is going to be hard. Got over 400k and very tempted to buy some colours and costumes.

Is it the general consensus that survival is shit? I mean I'm enjoying it a lot more than SF4 survival, I think they have a good idea here by giving you supplements at the end of each fight and I'm glad it's just 1 fight a character. Also thank you 3-frame links, trials are just the right amount of hard.

Survival is dogshit for a variety of reasons, not the least being you have to beat Easy, Normal and Hard for each new character costume that comes out. You don't even get anything out of it XP/FM wise either. It's just baffling design.

I'm guessing we get some kind of update on what the April patch will be this week. Probably on Friday.

Assuming the patch hits next week and isn't delayed, I can't see them not announcing it this week. They'd have to get it out before next weekend's Tournaments, whatever those are.
I think they'll just give a twitter announcement as to when the patch will drop, probably a few days before hand and give a blog post on the day of the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom