• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Have they even said if there's going to be a real patch in april? I know about the ragequit punishment they announced, but other than that, they've only talked about a real update in june.
And there's still no Zenny shop, which is a problem for them when releasing characters. Pretty sure they don't want to make the second one free as well. No way this is voluntary.

SFV's whole economy has me confused anyway. I'm at over 400k FM now and I've barely even touched survival mode. If I keep it conservative, they won't see money from me well into next year.

Pompadour

Have they even said if there's going to be a real patch in april? I know about the ragequit punishment they announced, but other than that, they've only talked about a real update in june.
And there's still no Zenny shop, which is a problem for them when releasing characters. Pretty sure they don't want to make the second one free as well. No way this is voluntary.

SFV's whole economy has me confused anyway. I'm at over 400k FM now and I've barely even touched survival mode. If I keep it conservative, they won't see money from me well into next year.

They stated before launch that April will be one of the months featuring a DLC character (which is likely Guile). So at the very least they would have to release a blog post that states this DLC character will be delayed which I very much doubt they'll do.

The Zenny shop is likely the problem. They want to start making money off of costumes and they won't be able to do so until that problem is fixed. I figure until the Zenny shop is patched in each monthly update will release as late as possible in hopes they can fix the Zenny issues before the monthly patch.

Pompadour

Why even bother with the zenny shop tbh? Why not sell the DLC through PSN and Steam?

I'm guessing it's to make more money by encouraging people to buy large amounts of currency upfront so they can get bonus currency. Also, I believe people will spend more when the actual value of the currency isn't visible during a purchase. Same reason why MS held onto their "points" system as long as they did.

vg260

I've barely touched this game since the trials, and jumped back online only to face several rage quitters. I'm done with this game until they implement the fix. I hope it's soon, because I'd like to play it. Such a sad situation.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Why even bother with the zenny shop tbh? Why not sell the DLC through PSN and Steam?
It gives them more freedom to do whatever they want with it. They can turn this whole thing into a f2p game if they want. Or throw 50 stages in there tomorrow, whatever. The money-side of it could be better as well, depending on if you can buy Zenny outside of PSN/Steam.

Naarmight

I am sure there is something about if you sell DLC through the game and no where else you do not have to pay steam, but if you have it available in a store front it has to be available on Steam as well, and they take a cut. I believe this was the whole deal why EA cut ties with steam.

Also I believe winnerstayson is hinting on twitter that there should be a SFV announcement imminently

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Guile has to have two special moves, feel broken if he does things right and garbage tier if the does things wrong. That's how it's written in the ancient codes.

If there aren't any "how are you even supposed to get in??" posts about 5 minutes after release, they made a mistake.

LakeEarth

Tried to beat Hard Survival with Alex to get more of his fight money before he is no longer free, but in the last 30s the game decided to give me FOUR 'low' heals in a row. So that didn't happen.

Tried to beat Hard Survival

635878871872560502-87379949_image.gif

Does Sony or Valve get a cut from things sold in the zenny shop? That's prob the answer if no.
The Zenny itself will be sold through the PSN/Steam storefront along with season passes and possibly bundles of costumes.

Anything/Everything else will be entirely in-game.

Btw, this also means that any purchase of DLC, be it the season pass or zenny or bundles, can't be shared with any other account on the ps4. So if multiple people play on one ps4 with different accounts, no DLC will be shared.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
If the face model in the story mode teaser trailer is the actual in-game model, he should look pretty good, but really anything is an improvement over the horrible SF4 model.
Never liked him in 4, but that picture actually looked pretty similar?!
25_storytrailer.jpg

Animations should be much better, though.
Oh wow, I just realized we're almost at OT4

April update cant come soon enough lol. RQ fix, Guile and Necalli premium alt. I need.
Oh, the premium alts are coming, too?

Never liked him in 4, but that picture actually looked pretty similar?!
25_storytrailer.jpg

Animations should be much better, though.

Oh, the premium alts are coming, too?
Guile's will at least, if Alex is any thing to go by.

If the Zenny shop hits, then anyone can buy the premium alts, but if not then only Guile's and Alex's will be accessible and only if you own the season pass.
HERE IT COMES! HERE IT COMES! HERE IT COMES!

LakeEarth

Will OT4 come before the rage quit patch hits? Or will the patch make it out first, preventing the obvious "OT40002" joke? We'll find out in 588 posts, or when we get the patch, whatever comes first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom