• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I need to put SF5 down for a while. Especially ranked mode. The ragequitting is just bothering the crap out of me. I hadnt played in a few days because of the division so of course I open up with a losing streak. Then I win a few games to bust out of it but of course both ragequit.....So no comeback for me. Then lose my next two matches.....

I think Ill come back when they find some real fix for this. Its just hurting my psyche!

You know, I haven't come across any in about a week, since Capcom started cracking down. Maybe it's working? I dunno, since it still seems to be a problem for you. Either way, it at least feels as though the amount of people doing it has reduced dramatically.

Hell, I imagine a lot of the most prolific rage quitters have quit the game entirely, given what their apparent motives for even playing were in the first place.

I am in trash tier of the ranking system and pretty much only play casual, I lose 90% of my games and even I am now getting rage quitters in casual!

That to me is totally mad, what does it achieve to pull the plug in casual?

jett

D-Member
Her vskill isnt that great, you should be AA'ing when they do it frequently.

As a chun player, her vskill is only good against people that don't know how to handle cross-ups or even use a simple anti-air attack. Meaning, newbs. Anyone around bronze, they get messed up with it. For people above that rank, not really useful.

People really overrating Chun around these parts. You need a lot of execution skill to play her properly too.

Rektash

Chun Li isn't broken.

Said every Chun player on the planet.

As a chun player, her vskill is only good against people that don't know how to handle cross-ups or even use a simple anti-air attack. Meaning, newbs. Anyone around bronze, they get messed up with it. For people above that rank, not really useful.

People really overrating Chun around these parts. You need a lot of execution skill to play her properly too.

You guys need to realize that not every character in the roster has godlike AA options. I am well above bronze, yet have problems to AA her consistently, what you say now?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Did you not see the videos? It's completely ambiguous, which makes it useful against any skill level. Of course raw V-Skill is not good, that's not its purpose.

Whoa...GGs Moaradin!!! I thought I had you as you're very aggressive, but you adjusted nicely. That's how you play Karin my boy!!! Great poking, nice AA on my jump ins..yeah, I'm definitely gonna own the weaker karins online now...lol awesome matches, well do it again sometime. Can't end this one with a tie right?!

wrongway

Why are these "---" games still a thing? Game's been out a month and the servers are still weird.
8c2NpPJ.png

Not a big deal I suppose, at least since I'm just dorking around in casual and don't care if anything's actually recorded or not. But it's still odd. :\

Producer

Did you not see the videos? It's completely ambiguous, which makes it useful against any skill level. Of course raw V-Skill is not good, that's not its purpose.

A safe jump setup in the corner is always going to be ambiguous, most of the cast got those.

The guy before was saying that her vskill was a free-crossup, and the guy you quoted was right to say that without setting it up with a hard knock down, you can just anti-air it. The setups in your videos are from hard knock downs, which I wouldn't say are a huge component of this game. Chun can only get them from cr.hk.

A good portion of the cast actually have 50/50 crossups that you can get from hard knock downs. For instance if spaced correctly Rashid can press either HP or delayed MK and it will determine which side he falls, Vega can do the same thing with HP or delayed LK.

I guess the point is, that the hard knock down puts you in a real bad state against a lot of the cast. Chun is no different. Being at frame disadvantage in this game, while right next to your opponent (as you are after wakeup) is essentially a true 50/50 even if you don't cross up. In fact Chun is probably better off using the opportunity to shimmie for counter hit / throw than she is going for those crossup setups. That way she doesn't risk landing herself in the corner 50% of the time.

Ryu will end up top 5 just because he is so freaking solid. Such a great Ryu iteration in this game, can't help but love him.

Agreed. Plus---People aren't even tapping into that parry well of his. His ceiling cap is MUCH higher than say Ken. Ken I feel like will be 100% completed and figured out soon, but Ryu's V Skill poses so many great options yet touched by top level players.

Daigo included.

I don't think Daigo parried once in that set that was posted with him and Nuki. Hype as fuuuuck match between the two of them.

I've seen those and more, i main her lol.

Just saying her vskill doesnt allow 'free ambigious crossups'. Its still just a jump, that can be AA'd if someone is just throwing them out raw in the neutral.

I'm hardly knowledgable, but that looked like she had blockstrings for downed opponents that also escapes dps. If she's got that, she's hella op, jesus.

Bit random, but in the main menu, it says my LP is 2868 in the top right hand corner of the screen, even though I've been well into the 3000 LP range for over a week and just hit 3,500.

It doesn't bother me, but I do find it odd and was wondering if anyone else is having the same glitch?

Bit random, but in the main menu, it says my LP is 2868 in the top right hand corner of the screen, even though I've been well into the 3000 LP range for over a week and just hit 3,500.

It doesn't bother me, but I do find it odd and was wondering if anyone else is having the same glitch?

The same exact thing happened to me. I'm hoping it's something that'll fix itself.

Agreed. Plus---People aren't even tapping into that parry well of his. His ceiling cap is MUCH higher than say Ken. Ken I feel like will be 100% completed and figured out soon, but Ryu's V Skill poses so many great options yet touched by top level players.

Daigo included.

I don't think Daigo parried once in that set that was posted with him and Nuki. Hype as fuuuuck match between the two of them.
ken can run cancel off of just about every normal. It was toned down from beta 2 along with his 3 frame jab and MK Tatsu because he was too good and I think someone discovered an infinite. Parry is great but requires very high matchup knowledge. Like Ken, most people won't reach the ceiling, just get really good. Ken needs to be able to hit confirm off of one button, I actually feel like he's harder to master than Ryu. Parry is still high risk/high reward, will always depend on the player and only people like Diago will be able to master him. It's really not about Ryu, but how well you can read an opponent.

FluxWaveZ

The same exact thing happened to me. I'm hoping it's something that'll fix itself.

Been like that for several people for weeks. It's a bug that'll hopefully be fixed with the March update.

I've seen those and more, i main her lol.

Just saying her vskill doesnt allow 'free ambigious crossups'. Its still just a jump, that can be AA'd if someone is just throwing them out raw in the neutral.

Except after a knockdown from a crush counter it can be troublesome for characters who don't have a good reversal. I just tested this on Nash who has no wake up options and if timed perfectly, she can get a counter hit if a Nash player tries to hit her out of it.

mbpm1

Except after a knockdown from a crush counter it can be troublesome for characters who don't have a good reversal. I just tested this on Nash who has no wake up options and if timed perfectly, she can get a counter hit if a Nash player tries to hit her out of it.

It looks troublesome for people with a good reversal too. You saw how she can make Ryu's DP whiff or be blocked.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I think I need to put SF5 down for a while. Especially ranked mode. The ragequitting is just bothering the crap out of me. I hadnt played in a few days because of the division so of course I open up with a losing streak. Then I win a few games to bust out of it but of course both ragequit.....So no comeback for me. Then lose my next two matches.....

I think Ill come back when they find some real fix for this. Its just hurting my psyche!
I don't think there are enough rage quitters to prevent you from being matched with players at your skill level, which is the real purpose for playing SFV at the moment. The epeen points are just a nice (but unnecessary) psychological bonus. Or anti-bonus, in the case of a RQ or losing streak.

Producer

Well yeah, characters with no reversals are just gonna have to hold that and block. It is what it is. Thats not a chun exclusive benefit.

jett

D-Member
Chun Li isn't broken.

Said every Chun player on the planet.

You guys need to realize that not every character in the roster has godlike AA options. I am well above bronze, yet have problems to AA her consistently, what you say now?

Guess I dunno what to tell you.

I saw the vids, I've also spent 60 hours playing with her. I wish Chun was broken, I'd win much more often then. :p I don't see the big deal about her vskill. Against high-skill opponents every time I do it after hard knockdowns I get consistently blocked. When I watch pro players use Chun they barely use it...

It looks troublesome for people with a good reversal too. You saw how she can make Ryu's DP whiff or be blocked.

Every character has their share of safejumps.

Again, if you get a crush counter knockdown, your opponent deserves to be in a bad position, a position that they need to make the correct guess to get out of, that's the idea! Not just against Chun, against the entire cast.

It's much worse if you're placed into this position against Gief, Birdy, Mika, or Laura, for example.

mbpm1

Every character has their share of safejumps.

Again, if you get a crush counter knockdown, your opponent deserves to be in a bad position, a position that they need to make the correct guess to get out of, that's the idea! Not just against Chun, against the entire cast.

It's much worse if you're placed into this position against Gief, Birdy, Mika, or Laura, for example.

Which is my point. It's bad for everyone.

But thats in the corner... Chun's doing this in the open. And I'm not what your choice is against her other than v reversal.

V-reversal won't mean anything if you get hit.

I think Mika will get you to the corner more often than you should be eating crush counter sweeps.

Scotia

Banned
Just read an interesting theory about Alex on SRK. Sorry if it's already been mentioned:

Contains SF Unlimited Spoilers and Potential Future Spoilers

So in the latest issue of SF Unlimited Alex is able to destroy Twelve clones, apprarently something only candidates of the Illuminati are able to do (basically Urien and Gill). People were asking how he could do that and this guy posted this:

The Twelves are specifically designed to fall apart if an Illuminati candidate attacks them so that if they ever turn on their masters, they aren't a threat. And the reveal is going to be that Alex is another one of the candidates like Gill and Urien, he just doesn't know it.

If this is true then this makes Alex even cooler to me. It'd be mindbowling to discover that Alex is actually an Illuminati candidate like Gill and Urien. Makes their prophecies about Alex even more interesting

Just read an interesting theory about Alex on SRK. Sorry if it's already been mentioned:

So in the latest issue of SF Unlimited Alex is able to destroy Twelve clones, apprarently something only candidates of the Illuminati are able to do (basically Urien and Gill). People were asking how he could do that and this guy posted this:

If this is true then this makes Alex even cooler to me. It'd be mindbowling to discover that Alex is actually an Illuminati candidate like Gill and Urien. Makes their prophecies about Alex even more interesting
cool stuff

Which is my point. It's bad for everyone.

What you said was 'it looks troublesome for people with a good reversal too' suggesting it's bad for everyone on the floor, you post didn't suggest that you meant that it was independent of the aggressor being Chun Li.

I'm just trying to tone down some of this 'Chun Li is overpowered stuff'

I think she's one of if not the best character in the game, but reading people's posts on here make it sound like you might as well just unplug the controller and walk away. It's not like that at all. She's not that good. Heck even these insane combo vids were seeing, yeah they look insane, but it's only 300 damage. Most of the cast can get that off of vtrigger bnbs.

HabeeNo

Holy moly, that's pretty nice

Ah man please label the spoilers with what they're from. I still need to read that issue but I'm not up on past SF lore so I untagged the spoilers thinking it would be something I'd never experience first hand anyway, or directly from SFV.

Scotia

Banned
Ah man please label the spoilers with what they're from. I still need to read that issue but I'm not up on past SF lore so I untagged the spoilers thinking it would be something I'd never experience first hand anyway, or directly from SFV.

Sorry about that, I forgot. I'll mark them.

Been like that for several people for weeks. It's a bug that'll hopefully be fixed with the March update.

Makes sense.

On another note; a month in and still addicted to this game like it's some kind of drug. Playing Cammy almost exclusively, but I just can't help it. Not only has she been my main since II but she's really fun to play as in this. Also loving how she's far less reliant on meter compared to her SFIV iteration, but that's partly down to the core mechanics of the game changing I guess.

Waiting patiently for Ibuki *sigh*.

Vice

Give the video in the link a view
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/...w-overcome-very-pesky-plateau-fighting-games/

V-reversal won't mean anything if you get hit.

I think Mika will get you to the corner more often than you should be eating crush counter sweeps.

She would only be able to do that on a cc knockdown? I guess thats fine then.

Contains SF Unlimited Spoilers

Totally not getting the impression they want to push Alex that much in the game, to be honest. I don't hate the redesign, but that face obviously didn't have a lot of tlc put into it. Not a great sign they have him pegged for main character status anymore.

ElFly

Ucchedavāda;198282695 said:
CFN is janky as hell, overall. Hopefully the update this month includes an update to the infrastructure as well.

I really doubt it.

I think we will need to wait until the eventual RQ fix to see any significant changes on the server side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom