• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba77

You know, I haven't come across any in about a week, since Capcom started cracking down. Maybe it's working? I dunno, since it still seems to be a problem for you. Either way, it at least feels as though the amount of people doing it has reduced dramatically.

Hell, I imagine a lot of the most prolific rage quitters have quit the game entirely, given what their apparent motives for even playing were in the first place.

It seems to have gotten worse as my lp increases and I face higher ranked opponents. They have more to lose I guess. I was about 1200lp starting today. When i beat the two dudes ranked higher than me they both ragequit. The 500-900 lp folks hardly ever ragequit.

In my sf5 experience so far about 1 of every 4-5 wins results in a ragequit.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty proud of that one, I'll sit on it and stop playing for a while lol

unbenannt3zjr6l.jpg

SmokeMaxX

Is it possible to counterhit someone on their wakeup if they try to do a normal, but also allow them to jump without hitting them? I'm trying to wrap my head around the frame data concerning this, but I'm not really sure how they interact. You currently have three pre-jump frames that you can be hit out of right? And even if you're holding up-back, you would still get hit during pre-jump (as in, not block)? If you wake up with a three frame normal, you can get counterhit. If I try to hit you on the fourth frame, you'd be airborn, but your 3 frame jab would've already hit me? So there's no way to do a setup that allows someone to jump out but counterhits their wakeup jab?

Producer

If only it was that simple when she can cross up in the corner and either end up from the front or back.

Like i said, any hard knockdown setup in the corner is gonna be hard to block. That pretty much applies to all the cast. Yeah her setup is real good, but other characters can do a really dirty setup as well.

Spman2099

It seems to have gotten worse as my lp increases and I face higher ranked opponents. They have more to lose I guess. I was about 1200lp starting today. When i beat the two dudes ranked higher than me they both ragequit. The 500-900 lp folks hardly ever ragequit.

In my sf5 experience so far about 1 of every 4-5 wins results in a ragequit.

So, I didn't experience any RQers for a LONG time. However, now I am getting them somewhat regularly. I think every single one has been a silver...

hwateber

LMAO! My scrub ass dropped 800 points down to bronze. It was a rough weekend but I climbed back up and reached silver. I would say to take a step back so you don't let yourself tilt but I think that would be a disservice. Letting myself lose and readjust was a good mental exercise.

That said, I spent half the weekend salty as fuck lol

LMAO! My scrub ass dropped 800 points down to bronze. It was a rough weekend but I climbed back up and reached silver. I would say to take a step back so you don't let yourself tilt but I think that would be a disservice. Letting myself lose and readjust was a good mental exercise.

That said, I spent half the weekend salty as fuck lol
Happened to me earlier today too. I believe that this needs to happen. Maybe even multiple times.

Doesn't make it any less rage inducing though.

z3phon

I can't seem to beat anyone at all online. Getting pretty frustrated, I managed to get to 700 LP and everytime I'm matched against anyone with 600+ LP I always lose.
I've seen the gootecks videos, could you guys please recommend me some other essential videos to watch. Really like the game but constantly losing is making me feel like giving up.
I'm playing as Ryu btw.

jediyoshi

I can't seem to beat anyone at all online. Getting pretty frustrated, I managed to get to 700 LP and everytime I'm matched against anyone with 600+ LP I always lose.
I've seen the gootecks videos, could you guys please recommend me some other essential videos to watch. Really like the game but constantly losing is making me feel like giving up.
I'm playing as Ryu btw.

If you want some longer form theory crafting videos from the ground up, James Chen has a SFV playlist up
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL45-KVgrSkf4X981AoUKPlz34VNnJFhYp

No shame in living in the 500-1000 LP bracket though

If only it was that simple when she can cross up in the corner and either end up from the front or back.

Well when safejumps are intermixed those with reversals can quickly have their strengths turned against them. Reversals give you another option, but they don't get you out of the mixups.

I need a pick me up game. Just shamed to fuck by a super silver in lobby. Need someone my level, Any ultra bronze around, maybe base silver? East u.s.?

I've never rage quit on anyone and I never will but as someone just watching the video, I wanted to rage quit on you as well.

Mika is cheap garbage.

Block! Block and back dash.

Every single tool of hers is moot. Cammy is an easier matchup for Mika, all of her drill shit puts her right in range. But you get in, you get out? I got nothing.

z3phon

If you want some longer form theory crafting videos from the ground up, James Chen has a SFV playlist up
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL45-KVgrSkf4X981AoUKPlz34VNnJFhYp

No shame in living in the 500-1000 LP bracket though
Thanks I'll check the payload out. It's not that I mind being in that bracket range. It's just the my game is so terrible and I don't know how to improve.
I'll properly check the tutorial videos out and if I still feel like I'm not improving I'll upload some replays to get direct feedback from you guys.

I've never rage quit on anyone and I never will but as someone just watching the video, I wanted to rage quit on you as well.

Mika is cheap garbage.

WHAT? What was so cheap about that? There was hardly any mix up on Mika's part. There wasn't full punishment on whiffed moves.

Could you point out what was exactly cheap about this video?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Mika is cheap garbage.

How was any of that cheap garbage?? How about Cammy stops getting snatched up with f+MP instead. Don't hate on the hypest SFV character!

FluxWaveZ

People keep talking about Mika like she's Dhalsim or Chun-Li or something.

I tried playing FANG for several hours today and he sucks as much to play with as he does to play against.

Edgeward

Oh geez, it's hard to tell when Laura's combos end and the mix ups begin. And I don't have amuch a clue once you are forced to eat a bolt. Guessing wrong every time.

Block! Block and back dash.

Every single tool of hers is moot. Cammy is an easier matchup for Mika, all of her drill shit puts her right in range. But you get in, you get out? I got nothing.
What you were doing wasn't cheap. Her corner play is super cheap. No dashing out of that. I just don't like the character.

Spman2099

Mika is cheap garbage.

Man, there were very few mixups in that video... One of them that was tried was successfully blocked. I don't get why people get so damn salty at Mika. Would people get as upset if instead of punishing with a rope toss into the corner, and following up with her Wingless Airplane, she punished with something like Bison's df+hp, mp, Psycho Inferno combo? They probably do close to the same damage.

People seem to lose their mind with Mika. Like, her combos are somehow more galling. Yes, she can mix you up. However, half of the cast in this game have a strong frame trap game. How is that monumentally different? It is all about deception.

What you were doing wasn't cheap. Her corner play is super cheap. No dashing out of that. I just don't like the character.

So what character isn't cheap? Each character has a place where they are strong. Why is Mika's strength "cheap"? If she were breaking the game I would totally side with you, but that is CLEARLY not the case.

Renekton

People seem to lose their mind with Mika. Like, her combos are somehow more galling. Yes, she can mix you up. However, half of the cast in this game have a strong frame trap game. How is that monumentally different? It is all about deception.
I gotta say, Laura vs Mika is the hypest matchup in SF history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom