• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

I think it's worth noting again that...

... Capcom's servers have no incidence on the matches at all.
Their servers are used to matchmake people, and to update players stats at the end; during a match it's all peer to peer, and thus, only dependant on both parties' connections.

[TOP OF THE PAGE EDIT]
Was this gem posted yet? ^^
https://gfycat.com/UncomfortableGraveAmericanratsnake

Nobody trying to eat Necalli's crush counter combos

Still, lol

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
ggs.

Try working on some mix-ups with V-Trigger. If you toss the opponent into the corner, you get an easy 50/50 dash-under with Nadeshiko, and if you're mid-screen, you can get easy pressure. When the opponent is at very low HP, you can do c.HP (blocked) xx V-Trigger and then go for either a low hit or a command throw for a virtually guaranteed kill if they don't have a good reversal.

I tried that cross-under in training just now but Icant seem to replicate it. I just dash into them. What am I doing wrong?

Nobody trying to eat Necalli's crush counter combos

Still, lol
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

If I ever encounter the person who thought it was a good idea to make Necalli's overhead a Crush Counter, I will punch them in the face. People keep talking about R.Mika but Necalli is an absolute beast if he's got you in the corner.

just been on the yogaFlame24 youtube channel on my lunch. These snake eyez matches are brilliant. I know i'm slightly biased but he has to be the most entertaining player at the moment.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I can't play charge characters in this game and I played Decapre in USF4. Capcom needs to add the option to turn off negative edge.

Almost every Capcom fighter has negative edge, SF4 included. MvC3 is the only one I can think of that doesn't.

Almost every Capcom fighter has negative edge, SF4 included. MvC3 is the only one I can think of that doesn't.

But in that game it was hard for me to fuck it it because they don't try to mix charge and motion input. I get Necalli's charge move instead of buffering the move into his stomp after Cr.HP.

Durden77

Is there a reason why negative edge is even still in there?

Because some people like it as it opens up more options?

Would never hurt to have an option to turn it off though. I've never had any problems with it. The only FG I had problems with it in was MK9 and Injustice.

Would never hurt to have an option to turn it off though. I've never had any problems with it. The only FG I had problems with it in was MK9 and Injustice.
MKX was unplayable for me unless I turned it off.

LakeEarth

SFxT had some terrible shortcuts that would always get in the way. I had to use a "no shortcuts" gem whenever I played King because I'd always get his punishable special when I just meant to do a normal. It used up a gem slot, but it was worth it.

EDIT - I think it was called the "advanced inputs" gem, but really it was the "no, I didn't qcb there you fucking moron game" gem

Ohnonono

Necalli is my first character with a charge move that I have mained. It took a while but I got used to it, not sure if negative edge is helping or hurting me really but at this point I can land his big punish stuff most of the time. Now learning what to punish... harder.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

I guess? What's a use case for it? I can't remember if I've ever heard of one. It's also not like it's advertised or anything.

Shito

I guess? What's a use ccase for it, I can't remember if I've ever heard of one. It's also not like it's advertised or anything.
SF4 Makoto st.HP xx HP Hayate is easier to perform with negative edge, for example.
Hayate being a move you can charge (ie keep pressing the button to make it more "powerful"), negative edge is the easiest and safest way to make sure you are not charging the move, even a tiny bit.

tariniel

When I'm at work, I can't stop thinking about how much I want to play this game, what characters I want to try next, etc... and then I get home, don't play at all and just watch it on twitch instead. What's wrong with me?

Mediking

When I first tried Survival Normal with Cammy... I only knew a few of her moves. I managed to get to Stage 27 and I died to Nash. I was pretty crushed and mad.

Yesterday... I decided to give Survival Normal with Cammy another shot. I know way more stuff with her now and I wanted to see if I could make it to Stage 30. I ended up losing to Ryu in Stage 26. Outta nowhere this guy started going crazy and busting out all his combos. I lost again and this time I was incredibly crushed (no pun intended) and angry.

It also doesn't help that Cammy's health really is bad compared to other characters. A string of combos and that woman is dead before you can say, "What happened?" as the lose screen appears.

Go to Hell, Survival Mode.

Skilletor

There is another CPT ranking tourney the weekend after.

I'm betting 29th.

Oh, then yeah, the 29th is probably the best bet.

Wish they'd let us know the order the characters are coming. I'm guessing it's the order the picture they released is, but it would be nice to have confirmation.

Sorry for missing anyone I've said I would have games with. Moaradin and Syncere took the bulk of my playtime last night and had to care for my daughter. Will hit you guys up on battle lounge tonight. Count at the top of the list...

failed survival hard with nash at final stage, gg. immediately tried another round. this time with more rage. i was bolder and nuked them all into oblivion. no respect for laura until she got me down from 80% to 5%. it could have ended there, but somehow i won. already love color 7. haven't tried the others yet.

FluxWaveZ

Man, I can't believe I still have these times when I'm losing against everyone and everything. From 5.5k LP to 5k in the span of an hour; I'm losing to stuff I shouldn't be over and over again.

When I'm at work, I can't stop thinking about how much I want to play this game, what characters I want to try next, etc... and then I get home, don't play at all and just watch it on twitch instead. What's wrong with me?
Watching replays and other people play is often times just as enjoyable. Nothing is wrong with you my playtime is spent probably bout 60/40 between watching/playing. It's a great way to learn and watching requires little effort.

Man, I can't believe I still have these times when I'm losing against everyone and everything. From 5.5k LP to 5k in the span of an hour; I'm losing to stuff I shouldn't be over and over again.
secret pro tip :) ignore if you're going for ranked trophy tho of 300 wins. (I'm convinced casual wins don't count, I should have it by now)

Ok...back to leveling up. Play a few sets with a good player first, maybe 2-3 ft3's. Then go to training and set the dummy to your worse match character and put CPU at highest level. Don't focus on beating the AI but more on what buttons and specials the character likes doing. And get familiar with them. This along with you warming up with a set should put you on your A game once you start ranked. Ranking up after 4K is pretty much about getting on win streaks against weaker opponents and beating half of your matches (or better) with same skill opponents.

It also helps to not look at opponents lp doing the versus screen. Whether your playing a scrub or Arturo, same mindset. Go in and kill em!

FluxWaveZ

secret pro tip :) ignore if you're going for ranked trophy tho of 300 wins. (I'm convinced casual wins don't count, I should have it by now)

Ok...back to leveling up. Play a few sets with a good player first, maybe 2-3 ft3's. Then go to training and set the dummy to your worse match character and put CPU at highest level. Don't focus on beating the AI but more on what buttons and specials the character likes doing. And get familiar with them. This along with you warming up with a set should put you on your A game once you start ranked. Ranking up after 4K is pretty much about getting on win streaks against weaker opponents and beating half of your matches (or better) with same skill opponents.

It also helps to not look at opponents lp doing the versus screen. Whether your playing a scrub or Arturo, same mindset. Go in and kill em!

I'll try that sometime. I think I'm on a 10+ game loss streak right now, at 4.8k LP. It's pretty disheartening.

And I'm not just losing against players of my level right now, but even Super Silver leagues or people I know I shouldn't be losing to. Not sure what's going on, but I keep trying.

Pejo

Since I felt like I hit a brick wall with Necalli, I decided to start shopping around looking for another character to play as an alt to regroup with, and landed on Nash. He is a stylish mofo. I'm having a great time learning which moves and combos I can continue combos on with V-trigger, it's a lot of fun.

But now that I see that gif above from Necalli, I feel like going back to him and trying to learn more corner pressure. That was absolutely brutal, haha.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'll try that sometime. I think I'm on a 10+ game loss streak right now, at 4.8k LP. It's pretty disheartening.

And I'm not just losing against players of my level right now, but even Super Silver leagues or people I know I shouldn't be losing to. Not sure what's going on, but I keep trying.

Watch some of your replays. I think you'll be surprised at how clearly you can identify things you would do differently when your brain isn't otherwise preoccupied.

Is my config weird lol? I have cross set as light punch, square as medium punch, Triangle is Medium Kick, Circle as Light Kick. R1 is Hard punch, R2 is hard kick, L1 Throw, L2 V-Skill. It just gives me more access to everything without wasting buttons on 3P and 3K.

Skilletor

Is my config weird lol? I have cross set as light punch, square as medium punch, Triangle is Medium Kick, Circle as Light Kick. R1 is Hard punch, R2 is hard kick, L1 Throw, L2 V-Skill. It just gives me more access to everything without wasting buttons on 3P and 3K.

Very weird, lol.

If that works, then more power to you.

LakeEarth

No matter what game, the left shoulder button has to be heavy punch and right shoulder with heavy kick. It's the SNES SFII muscle memory in me.

FluxWaveZ

Watch some of your replays. I think you'll be surprised at how clearly you can identify things you would do differently when your brain isn't otherwise preoccupied.

I should do that more instead of constantly going back for another fight. I lean more towards always going for another match instead of research/analysis, even when I probably shouldn't.

It is weird, but that's no reason to stop.

I have a rule that two losses in a row means a break.

I never obey this rule.

So I have a secondary rule that any loss that brings me under the next 100 mark in points means a break. So if I'm at 1245 and I lose, dropping me to 1170? Break time.

I also never obey this rule.

That's why I went from just under Silver to Super Bronze last night.

David___

Banned
I have a rule that two losses in a row means a break.

I never obey this rule.

So I have a secondary rule that any loss that brings me under the next 100 mark in points means a break. So if I'm at 1245 and I lose, dropping me to 1170? Break time.

I also never obey this rule.

That's why I went from just under Silver to Super Bronze last night.

lol glad Im not the only one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom