• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElFly

So guys do you think we'll get Alex Trailer this week? Maybe at Final Round?

I dunno if there will be a trailer.

Any dates depends on the content passing certification I think? it should not be much of a problem if Sony is on board. I think we will hear a date at Final Round.

FR a CPT premier event, right? Makes sense.

GGs Rockturtle. Pretty much had an answer to my entire flowchart lol.

ggs

i learned a lot from this match, hopefully it will help me deal with countblack's laura

when you knocked me down i saw u didnt use lighting to nullify most of options so i took those opportunities to hang back and look for more opportunities.

LakeEarth

FM from fights is negligible, and they said they wanted people to be able to earn FM easily simply by engaging with the game, so it sounds like the bulk of money is going to come from daily tasks.

Total guess here, but I'm thinking maybe if you do all the tasks every day for a month, you might have enough for a character?

Ignoring level up FM, you need 2000 ranked wins for enough fight money to buy a character. How ridiculous is that number? Checking PSNProfiles, less than 1% of people have the 300 wins trophy, and 4.68% of players have the 300 online battles trophy. And that's not even a fifth of the way there.

The FM you get for leveling up a character is somewhat significant though.

If the DLC characters come with their own story and survival content then they can pretty much pay for themselves. That's discounting whatever we can get from trials/challenges.

I sincerely expect nothing for the DLC characters aside from their own trials/challenges.

If they are included in story I would be shocked.

Orcastar

Just spent the last hour getting my ass kicked by a silver league Nash and then a silver league Laura.

What the heck am I supposed to do about Nash as Zangief? He can just hang back all day and throw sonic booms and then moonsault or sonic scythe me whenever I try to get close. Can't even punish the moonsaults. The best I can hope for is to try and bait with standing HP of v-skill, at which point he can just use an ex moonsault that destroys both unless I get the v-skill timing just right.

No idea what I'm supposed to do about Laura either, but that has more to do with not having fought many Lauras yet. I know that standing HK beats her bolt charges, but that's about it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Just spent the last hour getting my ass kicked by a silver league Nash and then a silver league Laura.

What the heck am I supposed to do about Nash as Zangief? He can just hang back all day and throw sonic booms and then moonsault or sonic scythe me whenever I try to get close. Can't even punish the moonsaults. The best I can hope for is to try and bait with standing HP of v-skill, at which point he can just use an ex moonsault that destroys both unless I get the v-skill timing just right.

No idea what I'm supposed to do about Laura either, but that has more to do with not having fought many Lauras yet. I know that standing HK beats her bolt charges, but that's about it.
You should be able to anti-air the moonsaults. I don't know what Gief's best button is for that, but Lariat should work, I guess.

Shadoken

Easiest punish for moonsaults is Jump+you best Air normal as an AA.

Standing Jab or any other traditional AA is risky because Moonsault has a very weird speed at which it attacks. Nash jumps up quite slowly but he comes down really fast. So if you whiff your AA or time it too late , you are going to eat a combo.

Jumping+normal is your best option since at worst case you trade and air reset.

Also since you are gief I would also experiment with the Armored punch move , It might be a bit slow but its worth a shot.

mbpm1

If Nash ever dares to moonsault air SPD or lariat it.

Aside from that...its pretty much as you said.

Your best bet will invariably be to get vtrigger and try to use it to get damage off a punish or forcing a situation with suction. Other then that hope for luck with parrying and pushing Nash to the corner and pressuring as well as you can.

Against a really strong Nash though, expect to eat a lot of booms, "get lost" kicks or backfist. Patience is vital here, but you really need to grasp the few opportunities (jumping over predictable boom patterns or scythes, punishing bad anti airs) to win.

Expect to lose like 75% of the time tbh

Scotia

Banned
I sincerely expect nothing for the DLC characters aside from their own trials/challenges.

If they are included in story I would be shocked.

Every DLC character is getting a character story, and it's almost certain that they'll get their own survival rounds.

In fact, I think the only thing they're not getting is trials/challenges.

Skilletor

Every DLC character is getting a character story, and it's almost certain that they'll get their own survival rounds.

In fact, I think the only thing they're not getting is trials/challenges.

Where did you read that they get their own story?

I'm expecting literally nothing but survival mode for DLC characters.

LakeEarth

I must've been lucky, I didn't get a single rage quitter this weekend. Even the ultra-bronze player with the 11 win streak didn't drop (sorry for taunting you dude). Just luck I guess?

qcf x2

You play Birdie? We should fight some time.

I'll add you when I get home tonight. I lost a ranked match today because I dashed on a Ryu and did EX headbutt and it whiffed at like a PIXEL outside of range. It broke my heart. I think I literally took my hands off the buttons assuming victory, lol.

Flowchart Mikas are the new Kens. I swear all the Mika players I've encountered perform the same moves, in the same order, at the same time, ALL.THE.FRIKKING.TIME.

They are so boring it hurts.

I screen dance all the time with Mika/Cammy, and I think I've only seen one other player do that (Mika mirror). But I know what you mean. Still, try facing Bison. I feel like every Bison I've faced could well be the same guy just swapping his CFN handle, lol.
And I'm still free to that jerk.

Nash is afraid of Gief. Every character should be, but Nash especially. First of all, I believe your f+HP headbutt stops projectiles. You also have v-skill which can be used similarly (along with the standard forward and neutral jumps). Switch up how you react to the booms to get them to dash/jump in. Moonsault can be stopped with a standing jab (go to training mode and set the CPU to do moonsaults over and over until you can jab it on reaction, it will make your life a lot easier). Gief can probably stop it with whatever his anti-air elbow move is (cr MP?). Your V-Trigger should eat him alive.

Once he's in close, I think his fastest normal is 4 frames so you can jab or tick throw (jab, pause, command grab) him to death. IMO a well played Gief is a nightmare for every character, but Nash probably has a slightly harder time than others.

Edit: for Laura, learn to identify the difference between her light elbow and her medium elbow. If they do light elbow, you are going to want to risk some neutral jumps after to escape pressure. If they do medium elbow and you block, you can punish it pretty hard (command grab). She has to be close to deal damage, and that's where you want your opponent. Just be comfortable with landing a few hits (cr jab, anti-airs), and know that it adds up quickly, and once the health drops opponents tend to get a little reckless.

mbpm1

Nash is afraid of Gief. Every character should be, but Nash especially. First of all, I believe your f+HP headbutt stops projectiles. You also have v-skill which can be used similarly (along with the standard forward and neutral jumps). Switch up how you react to the booms to get them to dash/jump in. Moonsault can be stopped with a standing jab (go to training mode and set the CPU to do moonsaults over and over until you can jab it on reaction, it will make your life a lot easier). Gief can probably stop it with whatever his anti-air elbow move is (cr MP?). Your V-Trigger should eat him alive.

Once he's in close, I think his fastest normal is 4 frames so you can jab or tick throw (jab, pause, command grab) him to death. IMO a well played Gief is a nightmare for every character, but Nash probably has a slightly harder time than others.

This is all true, but of note is that trying to v-skill or f. hp a projectile at half-screen is usually grounds for eating an mk scythe or a f hp by nash.

Also things to watch out for are forward dash into nonsense.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Where did you read that they get their own story?

I'm expecting literally nothing but survival mode for DLC characters.

Yeah, at this point I thought it was just something Capcom is "considering." You can bet they'll consider very carefully whether they want to provide tons of fight-money-earning-activities for each DLC character.

qcf x2

This is all true, but of note is that trying to v-skill or f. hp a projectile at half-screen is usually grounds for eating an mk scythe or a f hp by nash.

Also things to watch out for are forward dash into nonsense.

True, the spacing is critical.

Yeah, at this point I thought it was just something Capcom is "considering." You can bet they'll consider very carefully whether they want to provide tons of fight-money-earning-activities for each DLC character.

This should be balanced by their consideration for how expensive content is going to be received. Don't wanna derail, but IMO they should absolutely have these characters be given the same treatment as the original 16. Last thing the game needs this yr is more bad feedback.

Doesn't really matter though, I'm sick of passing blame between players for the problem that Capcom have created. The Witch Hunts (not so much on here, but on SRK and other garbage) need to stop, and people need to focus their discontent towards the developer.

People spend $60 on a broken game and instead of blaming Capcom it's broken, they blame the players taking advantage of it. It's like blaming the pigeons that shelter in the broken church roof for the noise they're making. It doesn't make sense. People want LP, some more than they want to level up their game, so it's obvious that people will exploit this.

Capcom have deliberately facilitated this too.

Personally I'm all for tearing the walls down until Capcom fix their shit. If a guy wants to make the game worse for everyone else, it only serves to heighten the need to fix this shit fast. Capcom want to shrink the problems with some community driven witch hunt garbage because it saves them work.
Why does it always have to be an "either / or" situation regarding this matter? This is not the first time this line of thinking has been brought up in this thread. There is nothing to sympathize with the "cheaters" so both parties are at fault here, period. Further debate shouldn't even be considered.

joanot

Is anyone else having issues with matchmaking in europe ? I usually find matches within a few seconds but this last 2-3 days have been baaaaad, started playing a while ago & only found 2 matches in like one hour... And my play time is very limited this days, is frustrating.

Pics_nao

Due to starting a new job recently I haven't been able to keep up with much SFV news. Besides the Alex pics and patch notes, has there been anything else announced recently? Jazzy NYC 2016?

ElTopo

Banned
Some Mika crossunder mixups

courtesy of @OlafRedland (video mine)

That's a waste. The whole reason you do 2HP and cancel into V-Trigger is to catch them off guard. If 2HP hits you do 2LK and then Nadeshiko hits them and you do whatever. If they block but don't Alpha Counter, you can either go for a throw/command grab, do 2LK anyway hoping they're not blocking low, you can change the direction of Nadeshiko to hit from behind you and you do Wingless Airplane to trick them and you do whatever from that if Nadeshiko hits them.

It's neat but that video isn't practical in the slightest.

Shadoken

Please Capcops reset the rankings and CFN ids so I can get my username as myCFN :((((( , the guy who has mine hasnt played since launch. Prolly returned the game lmao.

How do you even get to 3k with that kind of play? People in bronze punish raw specials. That would have to be a shitload of ragequits to get to 3k without even a basic foundation.

Damn you can get to 3K with just ragequits. I wonder how the rankings would be if we had RQ counted as a loss. Plenty of 6k-7k can avoid HUGE points loss by just RQing against solid 4-5ks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom