• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is my config weird lol? I have cross set as light punch, square as medium punch, Triangle is Medium Kick, Circle as Light Kick. R1 is Hard punch, R2 is hard kick, L1 Throw, L2 V-Skill. It just gives me more access to everything without wasting buttons on 3P and 3K.
Not weird. You have your buttons aligned vertically

Punches - light medium hard going up on the controller
Kicks - light medium hard going up on the controller
Left side of controller is input and special inputs (throw/Vskill)

I have a similar setup, mines is just horizontal as I've groaned accustomed to having my Mp on x because that's how I learned to do Kara throw with Ken, had triangle as throw before. My mediums are horizontal X and O lights are horizontal Square and triangle, rest is the same as yours except switch out v-skill with throw.

Kain

Flowchart Mikas are the new Kens. I swear all the Mika players I've encountered perform the same moves, in the same order, at the same time, ALL.THE.FRIKKING.TIME.

They are so boring it hurts.

ive had three ranked matches so far and guess what

three quits

sort your fucking game out capcom for fuck sake

edit: you know what fuck it ive had enough im doing it for now on

FluxWaveZ

Flowchart Mikas are the new Kens. I swear all the Mika players I've encountered perform the same moves, in the same order, at the same time, ALL.THE.FRIKKING.TIME.

If a Mika does this, she should get immediately destroyed if you know what you're doing. She doesn't have any reversal for a "defense" flowchart and she doesn't have any projectiles, so any "flowchart Mika" would be extremely predictable and easily defeated.

three quits

Just had two in a row myself against Gold players.

Though I think lowering yourself to their level is pathetic.

If a Mika does this, she should get immediately destroyed if you know what you're doing. She doesn't have any reversal for a "defense" flowchart and she doesn't have any projectiles, so any "flowchart Mika" would be extremely predictable and easily defeated.

Just had two in a row myself against Gold players.

im done if tbh if i cant beat em might as well join em

ElTopo

Banned

I literally face palmed when I read this.

And I make you a bet that this dude mains either Ryu/Ken or Karin on top of that.

And I make you a bet that this dude mains either Ryu/Ken or Karin on top of that.

It can be demoralizing if you get grabbed and thrown a bunch. I know, I constantly do it to people! But it's only flowchart because it's working against you.

If I can j.HP into Passion Press and it hits? Yeah bro. That's what I'm going to be doing. That's on you to stop it.

Whales

Banned
im done if tbh if i cant beat em might as well join em

just play casual instead

I will say tho that Capcom is fucking stupid, how did they think it was a good idea to release a comp. fighting game with no penalties for ragequitting?

It's mindblowing, really. And the fact that this shit isn't even fixed yet is even worse.

Kain

I main Bison/Vega and I didn't say anything about having trouble against them, it's just that they are all the same, it's boring.

Zackat

three quits

I just laugh and move on when I get a rage quit. You probably should too instead of wallowing in the same pit as them.

"I'm mad at people for screwing me out of points so to get them back in going to access other people put off their Pym's! That'll show'm!"

Great logic.

its better logic than releasing an online game in 2016 that's leader boards contribute towards your big flagship tournament but you don't have things in place to punish it no?

tbh I quit my next match against a necalli player felt fucking stupid and let the next person win

You realize this doesn't solve anything in the long run, right?
Not even your own situation.

Doesn't really matter though, I'm sick of passing blame between players for the problem that Capcom have created. The Witch Hunts (not so much on here, but on SRK and other garbage) need to stop, and people need to focus their discontent towards the developer.

People spend $60 on a broken game and instead of blaming Capcom it's broken, they blame the players taking advantage of it. It's like blaming the pigeons that shelter in the broken church roof for the noise they're making. It doesn't make sense. People want LP, some more than they want to level up their game, so it's obvious that people will exploit this.

Capcom have deliberately facilitated this too.

Personally I'm all for tearing the walls down until Capcom fix their shit. If a guy wants to make the game worse for everyone else, it only serves to heighten the need to fix this shit fast. Capcom want to shrink the problems with some community driven witch hunt garbage because it saves them work.

I main Bison/Vega and I didn't say anything about having trouble against them, it's just that they are all the same, it's boring.

This is in NO way about you (I haven't seen you play!) but every Vega I've ever met does the same stuff again and again. Granted, I'm relatively low ranked so it could be learning the character, but man! A roll again! Great! Is that a roll? Thanks!

Well good gosh, a roll!

Shito

Doesn't really matter though, I'm sick of passing blame between players for the problem that Capcom have created. The Witch Hunts (not so much on here, but on SRK and other garbage) need to stop, and people need to focus their discontent towards the developer.

People spend $60 on a broken game and instead of blaming Capcom it's broken, they blame the players taking advantage of it. It's like blaming the pigeons that shelter in the broken church roof for the noise they're making. It doesn't make sense. People want LP, some more than they want to level up their game, so it's obvious that people will exploit this.

Personally I'm all for tearing the walls down until Capcom fix their shit. If a guy wants to make the game worse for everyone else, it only serves to heighten the need to fix this shit fast. Capcom want to shrink the problems with some community driven witch hunt garbage because it saves them work.
Capcom fucked up, there's no defending that, but there's also no defending people exploiting this situation for their own benefits, making the game worse for everyone out there.
You can bend it any way you wish, rage quitters have no excuse.

Quesa

Nah, see it's more like blaming banks for taking advantage of banking laws to screw people over. The gov't is the only entity that can really fix the laws, but the banks aren't exactly blameless. They know they're doing something wrong but they still do it because the system lets them.

FluxWaveZ

Got matched against the same trash Gold Nash rage quitter twice in Ranked who, of course, rage quit twice in a row when I won. CFN is "TheTrickie."

ElTopo

Banned
Ya what a scrub, kneejerk complaining about a character.

Yeah, just ignore all the points that I've made and the fact that put hundreds* of hours into the game. Just ignore all that and act like no one can ever hate a character.

The flowchart line about Mika is what made me facepalm.

*I've put in over a hundred hours in the final release. About 50-70 hours on Beta 2 through 4 and the stress tests on PC. And I've played the shit out of the cracked beta's since cracked beta 2.

Mizerman

Sounds like an excuse no matter what you say. It doesn't justify RQ behavior.

Neonep

I have yet to play any ranked matches. How does winning and losing affect your fight money? How much to you get? Do you lose any in a loss?

No one here isn't blaming Capcom for putting out an online game without the proper RQing protocols in place. Ultimately they're responsible for this.

That still doesn't excuse the shitty attitude of RQing. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. Don't intentionally hurt other people's experience with the game just to satisfy your own personal vendetta.

Neonep

Ah. Thanks guys. I think they should change the FM disbursements. You should get 100 for a win and 40 or 50 for a loss. Also like a 10 or 20 FM bonus depending on how you finish a fight like with an EX move or critical art.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I should do that more instead of constantly going back for another fight. I lean more towards always going for another match instead of research/analysis, even when I probably shouldn't.

I save every loss I feel was one sided. Recreating the situations that gave you trouble and figuring out your options in training is imo the most practical way of improving. Especially at this stage where we all have a certain degree of unfamiliarity with some characters. Plus sometimes it's just good to take a break. Even if you aren't salty after losing however many games in a row it could be just fatigue or something just isn't clicking. I've rarely had a session where I know I'm not quite putting it together for whatever reason and kept going that had a happy ending.

Shito

Ah. Thanks guys. I think they should change the FM disbursements. You should get 100 for a win and 40 or 50 for a loss. Also like a 10 or 20 FM bonus depending on how you finish a fight like with an EX move or critical art.
Giving FM for a loss would result in people letting their console on with autofire on to farm for them while they are at work / asleep.

No one here isn't blaming Capcom for putting out an online game without the proper RQing protocols in place. Ultimately they're responsible for this.

That still doesn't excuse the shitty attitude of RQing. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. Don't intentionally hurt other people's experience with the game just to satisfy your own personal vendetta.

I get that it's morally wrong, and personally I'm not doing it, my form of protest has been simply not to play ranked, but at the same time, I don't really blame people for cheating. When people lose they get salty, you've seen what players locally can do when they get angry and it's no surprise that in the heat of the moment, when you put a 'disconnect button' in the middle of the controller, some people are gonna' press it. It's like when someone just unplugs their stick and walks off from a local set. I get it, you don't want to be there.

The anonymity and lack of consequences are a huge factor too, and as a result I can totally see why people are RQing. In SFIV RQing was 'salty' but not the worst thing you could do. It was disrespectful and made you look like a fraud, but not a villain. I feel like a lot of people are doing it for the same reason as they did in IV, but there's extra incentive now.

Either way, while I don't think you guys don't blame Capcom, I don't think people are angry enough and I think that as I said, Capcom have successfully differed focus from their problems, onto the players taking advantage of them. That's a shame, and ultimately, the naming and shaming, moral highground approach probably benefits the game less in the long run, than tearing all the walls down and burning it (metaphorically) would.

If everyone RQed and ranked was literally unplayable, Capcom would fix it a lot faster.
If just 20% of the pop RQ, Capcom start a witch hunt and differ blame and the urgency to fix the problems is reduced.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah but at the same time the well is going to run dry on getting points and you are going to have to play a a ton of online matches to really buy anything of consequence.
That's exactly Capcom's plan. They give you 1 character pretty much for free and then a few if you're ready to grind survival, but that's it. Like I said, money!

mbpm1

I mean, we all have a flow-chart after a certain point of learning. There are only so many options in the game.

vg260

Yeah but at the same time the well is going to run dry on getting points and you are going to have to play a a ton of online matches to really buy anything of consequence.

FM from fights is negligible, and they said they wanted people to be able to earn FM easily simply by engaging with the game, so it sounds like the bulk of money is going to come from daily tasks.

Total guess here, but I'm thinking maybe if you do all the tasks every day for a month, you might have enough for a character?

Hex

Banned
That's exactly Capcom's plan. They give you 1 character pretty much for free and then a few if you're ready to grind survival, but that's it. Like I said, money!

Between easy survival with everyone, everyone's story mode you should be set very well for FM.
Add to that you will get Fight money for challenges, you get fight money every time you level a character, you get fight money every time you win or lose a match you really are not hurting in any way.

Plus not going to lie, dropping $25 for the Season Pass is worth it to me to not have to worry about it.
All the characters are set, and I can use my points for colors and costumes.

emag

I don't know if it's just the fact that I had significantly more free time back in '09, but I'm not feeling SFV yet. When I win, it's by abusing unsafe moves that the competition doesn't know how to punish/avoid. When I lose, it's usually because the situation is reversed (sometimes I'm just outplayed). I don't really remember SFIV feeling that way, at least not for match after match after match. Is it the ponderous nature of the animations and hitstop in this game that contributes to this? I'm also always sitting on stock, so I can chip out victories. :/

Does Capcom have any plans on fixing battle lounge? Its all I can try to play.

Depends on what you mean by "fixing". The March patch is upping the participant limit to 8, so you can sit around and watch seven matches before being kicked instead of playing, just like SFIV.

If you mean returning good/valid search results, well, no word on that.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
If the DLC characters come with their own story and survival content then they can pretty much pay for themselves. That's discounting whatever we can get from trials/challenges.

ElFly

I don't know if it's just the fact that I had significantly more free time back in '09, but I'm not feeling SFV yet. When I win, it's by abusing unsafe moves that the competition doesn't know how to punish/avoid. When I lose, it's usually because the situation is reversed (sometimes I'm just outplayed). I don't really remember SFIV feeling that way, at least not for match after match after match. Is it the ponderous nature of the animations and hitstop in this game that contributes to this? I'm also always sitting on stock, so I can chip out victories. :/

Depends on what you mean by "fixing". The March patch is upping the participant limit to 8, so you can sit around and watch seven matches before being kicked instead of playing, just like SFIV.

If you mean returning good/valid search results, well, no word on that.

People still have tons of trouble connecting to each other tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom