• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orcastar

You should be able to anti-air the moonsaults. I don't know what Gief's best button is for that, but Lariat should work, I guess.

Standing jab should smack the moonsaults, right? I don't play Zangief, but that button is pretty great.

Easiest punish for moonsaults is Jump+you best Air normal as an AA.

Standing Jab or any other traditional AA is risky because Moonsault has a very weird speed at which it attacks. Nash jumps up quite slowly but he comes down really fast. So if you whiff your AA or time it too late , you are going to eat a combo.

Jumping+normal is your best option since at worst case you trade and air reset.

Also since you are gief I would also experiment with the Armored punch move , It might be a bit slow but its worth a shot.

If Nash ever dares to moonsault air SPD or lariat it.

Aside from that...its pretty much as you said.

Your best bet will invariably be to get vtrigger and try to use it to get damage off a punish or forcing a situation with suction. Other then that hope for luck with parrying and pushing Nash to the corner and pressuring as well as you can.

Against a really strong Nash though, expect to eat a lot of booms, "get lost" kicks or backfist. Patience is vital here, but you really need to grasp the few opportunities (jumping over predictable boom patterns or scythes, punishing bad anti airs) to win.

Expect to lose like 75% of the time tbh

Nash is afraid of Gief. Every character should be, but Nash especially. First of all, I believe your f+HP headbutt stops projectiles. You also have v-skill which can be used similarly (along with the standard forward and neutral jumps). Switch up how you react to the booms to get them to dash/jump in. Moonsault can be stopped with a standing jab (go to training mode and set the CPU to do moonsaults over and over until you can jab it on reaction, it will make your life a lot easier). Gief can probably stop it with whatever his anti-air elbow move is (cr MP?). Your V-Trigger should eat him alive.

Once he's in close, I think his fastest normal is 4 frames so you can jab or tick throw (jab, pause, command grab) him to death. IMO a well played Gief is a nightmare for every character, but Nash probably has a slightly harder time than others.

Edit: for Laura, learn to identify the difference between her light elbow and her medium elbow. If they do light elbow, you are going to want to risk some neutral jumps after to escape pressure. If they do medium elbow and you block, you can punish it pretty hard (command grab). She has to be close to deal damage, and that's where you want your opponent. Just be comfortable with landing a few hits (cr jab, anti-airs), and know that it adds up quickly, and once the health drops opponents tend to get a little reckless.

You can Air SPD the moonsaults. When I am beaten by a Nash, they've rarely moonsaulted.

Thanks for all the advice! For some reason I didn't think to try and punish moonsaults with AA normals, lariat or air SPD, but I'll definitely give those a try next time I go against Nash. I did manage to punish them with standing HP quite a few times, but mistiming it leaves me completely open. At one point I actually managed to v-skill all three hits of an ex moonsault, but failed to punish afterwards...

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I guess ragequitters gave up on even attempting to learn the game
https://youtu.be/OQ_nggMRMQA
Imagine how long it took to get to 3k like that. That somehow calmes my nerves.

Shine showing how the Karin grab follow up to rekkas CAN be useful:

http://tw2gif.com/video/95937eb86d440bfd2ac07a2dcacad17e.mp4
People are afraid of the overhead since you can link that into more. The grab after Guren Ken is totally useful, just the one after Ressenha isn't.

Thanks for all the advice! For some reason I didn't think to try and punish moonsaults with AA normals, lariat or air SPD, but I'll definitely give those a try next time I go against Nash. I did manage to punish them with standing HP quite a few times, but mistiming it leaves me completely open. At one point I actually managed to v-skill all three hits of an ex moonsault, but failed to punish afterwards...
Dude, go into training mode right now, record Nash doing moonsaults and try to beat them. Your next Nash fight will be so rewarding.

edit:
Where is a good place to look for some Mika tech? I saw the video above for the cross up but.. are there any other examples?
So far she is the only one that "clicked" which I found really fun to use.... except against Karin's I get destroyed so badly lol
https://www.twitch.tv/ag_nativeimpact

He's streaming right now. One of the best Mikas at the moment.

Anbec7

Where is a good place to look for some Mika tech? I saw the video above for the cross up but.. are there any other examples?
So far she is the only one that "clicked" which I found really fun to use.... except against Karin's I get destroyed so badly lol

Kikirin

Is it possible to counterhit someone on their wakeup if they try to do a normal, but also allow them to jump without hitting them? I'm trying to wrap my head around the frame data concerning this, but I'm not really sure how they interact. You currently have three pre-jump frames that you can be hit out of right? And even if you're holding up-back, you would still get hit during pre-jump (as in, not block)? If you wake up with a three frame normal, you can get counterhit. If I try to hit you on the fourth frame, you'd be airborn, but your 3 frame jab would've already hit me? So there's no way to do a setup that allows someone to jump out but counterhits their wakeup jab?

A bit late to the party, but I don't think it's possible since anything that'd meaty CH their 3f jab will also meaty their jump startup. Meaty throw would kinda get the behavior you're looking for since jump startups are throw invulnerable, but you won't get a combo out of it.

Bob White

These RQs are such a fucking joke. Everything. The way we report them, the fact that capcom isn't on the ball with them, the fact that they keep fucking happening, fucking all of it.

Kain

I screen dance all the time with Mika/Cammy, and I think I've only seen one other player do that (Mika mirror). But I know what you mean. Still, try facing Bison. I feel like every Bison I've faced could well be the same guy just swapping his CFN handle, lol.
And I'm still free to that jerk.

Yeah, it's more about the person than the char, still, I think Mika can be very fun if played in an imaginative way. But all I see is baiting with the drop kick and then just spamming cr MK or forward MP in the corner for performing the exact same combo with her V-Trigger and EX flying thingy.

Speaking of mirrors, I feel the best way to learn your char is facing yourself (lol). I learnt a lot today fighting a couple of Bisons, I won one and lost the other (funnily enough, I won against the higher ranked guy and lost against the lower one). I picked a couple of new tricks and I saw some of my biggest weaknesses. For example, don't perform twice in a row the EX ball + Devil's reverse, you will eat a huge air to air combo.

Mediking

Cammy, I love you but I'm getting tired of dealing with your abysmal and poor health. A few strings of combos and you're already dead.

It's time to join the dark side and main Ken.

He can't parry multiple at once . He can parry multiple in very quick succession but if 2 hits land at the same time , like Nash's sonic boom into vtrigger, he'll get smacked.

Yeah thats what I meant. 3S stuff, chun li super blocking.
I wish this game had supers. Maybe they add them down the road. You use 2 bars instead of 3 or something.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Cammy, I love you but I'm getting tired of dealing with your abysmal and poor health. A few strings of combos and you're already dead.

Everyone's damage is so high in this game that the extra health really doesn't matter.

Mediking

Everyone's damage is so high in this game that the extra health really doesn't matter.

I'm sorry but it does matter. Having alotta health or even better than average matters alot. Cammy's health really is bad. Being a Cammy main is so incredibly risky. If you drop your guard once or misinterpret a read of your opponent's moves... you're gonna die. Blink twice and your health is almost already 0.

The only way a Cammy main can counter being overwhelmed by a person's pressure is to constantly keep your enemy guessing on what you're doing.

The problem with trying to keep your enemy constantly guessing is that a skilled enemy will quickly figure out what you're doing...

TacosNSalsa

As an Akuma / E Ryu main from IV I 've always liked low health characters..something about playing them gets my blood rushing!

Ferrio

Banned
I guess this was already posted but just in case: SFV hitboxes.

And Karin's say they don't have a good AA. Just Frame that shit!

R6BbvY3.png

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
God the Battle Lounge search is completely terrrrrible wtf. If it would atleast show me the flags if latency doesn't work I would have some starting point, but nope, nothing

vg260

So guys do you think we'll get Alex Trailer this week? Maybe at Final Round?

I would hope they actually have the trailer this week, and just have him playable at final round, but maybe they're saving the trailer to get people to tune in.

SmokeMaxX

A bit late to the party, but I don't think it's possible since anything that'd meaty CH their 3f jab will also meaty their jump startup. Meaty throw would kinda get the behavior you're looking for since jump startups are throw invulnerable, but you won't get a combo out of it.
I asked srk and what we figured is that I can time a meaty so that it hits on their fourth frame of wakeup. I can't beat 3 framers but I can whiff against jumpers and crush 4 frame light attacks with a medium or heavy.

Kikirin

I asked srk and what we figured is that I can time a meaty so that it hits on their fourth frame of wakeup. I can't beat 3 framers but I can whiff against jumpers and crush 4 frame light attacks with a medium or heavy.

Good to know! This will probably go out the window with the upcoming neutral/back jump changes though. D:

Curious: what kind of application were you aiming for with this? Getting a heavier punish or better setup off a wakeup jump?

https://twitter.com/nycfurby/status/709457014909440002

Arturo Sanchez
‏@nycfurby
I still think RMika is incredibly powerful. The fact that she has an assist u must respect makes her broken in my opinion.
Arturo Sanchez ‏@nycfurby 1h1 hour ago
What is capcoms reasoning behind making her v-trigger two bars? It is too powerful. It should be 3 bars like the others.
Arturo Sanchez ‏@nycfurby 1h1 hour ago
Mika v-trigger is one and done for the whole round? That's still enough to put them in a horrible position to win the game.
Arturo Sanchez ‏@nycfurby 49m49 minutes ago
Common argument: Mika can't get in
but one v-reversal on your pressure and she is in.

Can't say that he's wrong
kttcolimanny

I made a huge mistake dropping Mika

Light_End

Banned
So Karin has 2 just frame attacks, is she the only one in the game with any?

She only has one just frame attack (qcf+K, P), being that it changes depending on how fast you input the punch. Standing Hard Punch just has a good first active frame hitbox, which is good in the right situation but doesn't really make it a good antiair.

Karin's antiairs are horseshit, IMO it's her weakest area. Unless you make the easy read, you're probably better off just dashing under the jumpin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom