• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobu

She only has one just frame attack (qcf+K, P), being that it changes depending on how fast you input the punch. Standing Hard Punch just has a good first active frame hitbox, which is good in the right situation but doesn't really make it a good antiair.

Karin's antiairs are horseshit, IMO it's her weakest area.

I disagree, her fierce is a really good anti air and and the Karin players that actually use it anti air me with it consistently. I know everyone wants a birdie button but that just ain't happening.

Shito

Even when they are top players, I still hate seeing people call characters "broken" or ask for nerfs, especially in the first few weeks of a game.
Yeah you have to respect Mika once she's in your face, but it's always your fault letting her in.

Sheroking

She only has one just frame attack (qcf+K, P), being that it changes depending on how fast you input the punch. Standing Hard Punch just has a good first active frame hitbox, which is good in the right situation but doesn't really make it a good antiair.

Karin's antiairs are horseshit, IMO it's her weakest area. Unless you make the easy read, you're probably better off just dashing under the jumpin.

I'm beginning to think most Karin players just have shit reactions. The only character in the game that regularly gets through st.hp or trades positively with it is Bison. If the jump is at all ambiguous, yeah, dash under. I'm not sure what you want from an anti-air. It doesn't need to be broken to be solid.

Skilletor

I'm beginning to think most Karin players just have shit reactions. The only character in the game that regularly gets through st.hp or trades positively with it is Bison. If the jump is at all ambiguous, yeah, dash under. I'm not sure what you want from an anti-air. It doesn't need to be broken to be solid.

Feels like people want a character that has every tool instead of dealing with a character that has weaknesses.

Light_End

Banned
I disagree, her fierce is a really good anti air and and the Karin players that actually use it anti air me with it consistently. I know everyone wants a birdie button but that just ain't happening.

why cant i have a birdie button

It's good for Karin, if you land it you can buffer a crossup, but I find it unreliable against some characters and the LAST thing i want to eat is a jumpin from a Ryu.

I will take that blockstring just get grabbed before I lose 40% of my health for trying to use her bad antiairs.

I mean if reaction time was the only factor to not getting anti-air'd then everyone has terrible reaction time because nobody should be blocking jump-in's. But some people have easily applicable anti-airs and Karin is just not one of them.

Again, it's good if people jump at you wrong, but i could say the same about st.LP. the reward for getting a hit off s.HP is just not worth a gamble of eating a jumpin, for me personally, her hitbox is simply not that reliable and in the heat of a match, you aren't always going to play stiff enough to use it perfectly. If it's at all questionable i'm just going to either block or leave.

leehom

I don't mind all the delayed content in this game, but they really should have implemented a system to punish rq's.

It makes me not want to play rank at all, although the thirst is real for that gold rank trophy.

Producer

Mika assist is like vergil swords. Instant "my turn to play"

Im jk, but im so bad against mika. Fluxwave can attest to that lol

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It mostly hits in front of her and it moves her forward, if your jump is more ambiguous she only has st.lp and EX Ressenha and both get beaten by a lot of moves.

Even Wong would rather block and V-Reversal than try to anti-air ambiguous jump-ins with Karin.

Sheroking

I mean if reaction time was the only factor to not getting anti-air'd then everyone has terrible reaction time because nobody should be blocking jump-in's. But some people have great anti-airs and Karin is just not one of them.

Some characters have dumb anti-airs that need to be adjusted. The hitbox on some jabs and Birdie's cr.mp are borked and have no business blowing up cross-ups like they do. Doesn't mean Karin needs something equally broken or insanely active.

100% of Ryu's buttons lose clean to st.hp anti-air from an unambiguous angle. If you're unsure, you're meant to dash. If you're late, you have a 5 frame ex DP with start-up invincibility. You shouldn't just block jump-ins, but it's going to happen.

There's plenty of utility with Karin. Being mad that she doesn't have broken stuff is the wrong way to look at it IMO.

SephLuis

Cant die from armoring an attack, so even if you're on your last pixel you can still armor through stuff. Except maybe giefs flex? I dunno.

I don't think so. If you are on magic pixel status an armor move isn't enough to absorb the hit and you will just die. Happened to me today with Laura's EX Bolt Charge

Need to check this.

I fought a mika that had no life to resist my normal and she used EX Peach to defeat me.
My normal went into the armor and I took the hit.

7gOOoWM.png

Son of a.....

kobu

why cant i have a birdie button

karin can't have everything

It mostly hits in front of her and it moves her forward, if your jump is more ambiguous she only has st.lp and EX Ressenha and both get beaten by a lot of moves.

Even Wong would rather block and V-Reversal than try to anti-air ambiguous jump-ins with Karin.

who besides birdie can consistently anti air ambiguous jump ins? sometimes you just have to block

Sheroking

The entire point of cross-ups and ambiguous jump-ins are to blow-up anti-air attempts and get in. You should not be able to cleanly anti-air them. It's your job to maintain better positioning and stop them from coming at you from those angles.

And if they do, command dash is a thing. Hell, regular dash is a thing. Just GTFO of there.

kobu

The entire point of cross-ups and ambiguous jump-ins are to blow-up anti-air attempts and get in. You should not be able to cleanly anti-air them. It's your job to have maintain better positioning and stop them from coming at you from those angles.

And if they do, command dash is a thing. Hell, regular dash is a thing. Just GTFO of there.

and if you can't dash out just block and v-reversal. this is something I have to constantly tell myself because of the countless situations where I could have won if I had just blocked.

Nuki vs Daigo. That second round was crazy.

I thought that was damn entertaining to watch. Good video to reference with respect to fundamentals. Gonna have to show this to some friends who are looking to improve on their fundamentals, namely holding off on jumping so damn much and blocking. Nuki didn't jump a single time in the 3rd round. Well, technical once to do IA legs, and he got punished with an SRK.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
who besides birdie can consistently anti air ambiguous jump ins? sometimes you just have to block
Ambiguous was maybe the wrong word, I mean jump at her head. A lot of characters have anti-airs for that. But yeah, I wasn't saying she needs a Birdie AA, think she's largely fair overall.

Nope, you get hit with health enough to kill, you should die. This isn't a chip situation. You literally have no life and you're able to take gambles you shouldn't be able to because of it.

Mika and Laura don't have frame 1 invincibility on their EX super armor moves though so they can't just wake up with it. I think it's fair that they have that, especially when neither character has an invincible reversal and both moves are unsafe on block.

Ferrio

Banned
Nope, you get hit with health enough to kill, you should die. This isn't a chip situation. You have no life and you're able to take gambles you shouldn't be able to because of it.

White health should be treated equal no matter what. Shouldn't be able to pick and choose which white health situations are fatal or not, keep it consistent.

Durden77

Nope, you get hit with health enough to kill, you should die. This isn't a chip situation. You have no life and you're able to take gambles you shouldn't be able to because of it.

White life has never killed, and armor in this game gives white health when hit. It's just a tool certain characters have.

If it works like SFIV's white health focus system, I beleive there actually IS a way to die from white health, you just have to take a whole bunch of damage.

qcf x2

Feels like people want a character that has every tool instead of dealing with a character that has weaknesses.

I don't even think it's a weakness. I've played good Karins and they wrecked my jump ins with st HP.

I disagree. Chip or not, if the damage taken by 1 hit is white damage, and white damage doesn't K.O, the damage taken during an armored attack shouldn't K.O. Before messing with that, I'd rather they make Fang's poison K.O.

Skilletor

White health should be treated equal no matter what. Shouldn't be able to pick and choose which white health situations are fatal or not, keep it consistent.

I'm talking situations where you have a magic pixel, a jab would kill you, and you're able to use an armor move to go through it.

I think that if I do a move that does enough damage to kill you, then you should die. I don't see how that isn't consistent.

White life has never killed, and armor in this game gives white health when hit. It's just a tool certain characters have.

If it works like SFIV's white health focus system, I beleive there actually IS a way to die from white health, you just have to take a whole bunch of damage.

You can't focus through moves you don't have enough health to take.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I'm talking situations where you have a magic pixel, a jab would kill you, and you're able to use an armor move to go through it.

I think that if I do a move that does enough damage to kill you, then you should die. I don't see how that isn't consistent.

Because armored moves take white health damage, white health damage is never fatal (outside of CA's). To make it fatal in that one specific instance would be inconsistent with how that mechanic functions across the rest of the game.

Shadoken

The entire point of cross-ups and ambiguous jump-ins are to blow-up anti-air attempts and get in. You should not be able to cleanly anti-air them. It's your job to maintain better positioning and stop them from coming at you from those angles.

Precisely this. Not everyone will have a 1 Button beats all sort of Anti Air normal. Some are for long range,Close range, anti cross up. You cant have everything for you character.

If you walk into a position where your AAs aren't strong , then why the hell shouldn't your opponent capitalize on your positioning. And even at these ranges you can bait out jumpins and beat them with Nj or Jump forward normals.

Skilletor

Because armored moves take white health damage, white health damage is never fatal (outside of CA's). To make it fatal in that one specific instance would be inconsistent with how that mechanic functions across the rest of the game.

I guess the way it's implemented makes it that way, but if white health exceeds your total health on a move, then you should die. I don't think that's inconsistent. White health is a stand-in for potential health. When you're that low on life, that makes white health exceed total life, and I think that's stupid.

leehom

It's cute when people with over 3,000 lp rq on a casual match against a 1,000 lp player. Match doesn't even count, what's the point of rq'ing? Those rq's most likely rq themselves to that rank and that's why they're so bad.

Durden77

I guess the way it's implemented makes it that way, but if white health exceeds your total health on a move, then you should die. I don't think that's inconsistent. White health is a stand-in for potential health. When you're that low on life, that makes white health exceed total life, and I think that's stupid.

Zangief doesn't when he flexes through 8 hits in v-trigger with no health to piledrive you.

Zangief loves it.

....that sounds so hype and I want to see it at a major.

I don't see how it's anymore stupid than wake up/random supers.

I only think mika shouldn't have trigger until 3 bars. The move seems a little too good for 2. Other then that, if this is the level of 50/50 we have to deal with, im good. As long as nothing like elf fuete or Ibuki comes I'm good. I honestly feel strongly those character ruin the game and ignore straight up fundamentals.

SmokeMaxX

Good to know! This will probably go out the window with the upcoming neutral/back jump changes though. D:

Curious: what kind of application were you aiming for with this? Getting a heavier punish or better setup off a wakeup jump?

I timed it extremely poorly, but found these for a friend:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkORXQWCcN4&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv5YkOwIUCk&feature=youtu.be
Beats jumps. If timed correctly (which I didn't do because I don't play Rashid), should be able to counterhit all 4 frame or slower moves. Loses to three framers and invincible reversals. Not sure how useful it is, but since the game is new, everyone loves to wake-up jump lol.

EDIT: Excuse the poor editing, these were done very quickly lol.

Marz

You get in through a solid ground game. Jumps are already too strong in this game.

Anti-airs should be made better across the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom