• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheroking

Agree to disagree then. I dont like having to play Super Mario Bros. in the only ground based fighting game and Capcom continually enabling that style of play...but thats just me.

It's always better earlier in a fighting game because people do not have proper punishes or character knowledge yet.

It will get you killed long term.

Baleoce

Spend ages in training mode learning confirms into bnbs. Learn punishes. Get them down. Learn buttons. Feel good about buttons.

Go online. *checks brain for data*: "data not found"

Shadoken

I understand the momentum swings/mixup/dash under positions that jumping in gives you in this game. All I'm saying is that jumping towards the player in this game isn't as scary as it was in 4.

I never said anything was pointless lol

IV had the big threat of ultras. And eating a Raw ultra was like ouch.

Alright guys, help. I'm stuck in Super Bronze as Rashid and feel lost on how to get higher.

I know jumping in is bad. I try not to do it, but it feels like I have no other options to ever open people up. I struggle to win the neutral game, and even when I land a hit confirm [which I do quite a bit] it's only ever with either c.LK which I can't seem to combo into anything, or forward st.MP, which I can turn into a spinning mixer and not much else.

I have no idea what to do with Rashid's v-skill, since it just sends me airborne to get SRK'd, and the roll, while nice for dodging hadoukens and passing through my tornadoes to suddenly kick people, has been valuable, it still feels too risky.

Can someone help? I know I can do better as Rashid, I've seen Gold Rashids, so I'm not blaming the character; I just don't understand how I'm supposed to open someone up who techs my throws, because none of my neutrals feel solid.

Watch some pro players with Rashid to open your mind up more on how to open folks up and make use of his V skill.

Try to find Valle, and isn't Knuckledu using him too?

His V skill is good to roll under fire balls, and his air one is very tricky if you knock someone down in the corner.

His overhead is amazing. use that more often. Don't complete light tornado, and instead throw people after it's initial 2-3 hits. Once they start throwing, do an ex one instead of a throw.

He has the best cross up in the game too.

Zackat

Spend ages in training mode learning confirms into bnbs. Get them down. Learn buttons. Feel good about buttons.

I still can't do my light attack confirms correctly in matches even though I have the timing down in training without a hitch. Still kinda jumpy in matches.

sixghost

If anyone is a Vega player here, when should I be taking the claw off? Does it have more to do with the character you are playing against, or the situation you're in?

Can I not jump out of giefs CA if he does it next to me? I've got hit by it twice now without even pressing buttons and just holding up.

Just played darksydephil on casual too and didn't realize it till I lost. Hadn't played all weekend and he was my first match. Took a round but lost the match, I wish I had put up a better fight.

Marz

Can I not jump out of giefs CA if he does it next to me? I've got hit by it twice now without even pressing buttons and just holding up.

Just played darksydephil on casual too and didn't realize it till I lost. Hadn't played all weekend and he was my first match. Took a round but lost the match, I wish I had put up a better fight.

You cant jump after it activates.

ElFly

It is 1 frame activation, and jumping is 3 frames (and after the future patch,4)

You can (and after the patch you will still be able to) jump the regular SPD, which has 5 frames of activation.

Ferrio

Banned
I feel this way about Laura super too. Don't ever fuck with her on wakeup...

Her super sucks raw. You can just hold up during the super flash and it whiffs. So it's only going to hit if you're mashing buttons, which is true about any super.

Can I not jump out of giefs CA if he does it next to me? I've got hit by it twice now without even pressing buttons and just holding up. .

1 frame startup, so you're fucked if you're next to him.

Skilletor

If you're not jumping when the animation flash, you're grabbed.

Shadoken

Yea you cant avoid it unless you already jumped before he did it.

The key here is that because the input for his CA is a 720 , he cant just do it. He will need to buffer it in a jump or a whiffed attack. So look out for those.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Lauras in ranked are pretty funny. No chance of knowing what to expect. "Guess this one doesn't command grab, good to know for when I never play her again."

Yea you cant avoid it unless you already jumped before he did it.

The key here is that because the input for his CA is a 720 , he cant just do it. He will need to buffer it in a jump or a whiffed attack. So look out for those.

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind. Too bad I rarely ever run into giefs.

Not sure where this is from, just saw it on twitter.

CdhraqmWwAAZfH_.jpg

Shadoken

Spend ages in training mode learning confirms into bnbs. Learn punishes. Get them down. Learn buttons. Feel good about buttons.

I am sort of having a similar problem. I learn like a million frame traps for my character. But then when I end up playing I just resort to 2-3 of them one for early techs and one to catch late techs.

I really want to try to get into the habit of mixing it up to throw the opponent off with some really weird ones , to gain more advantage. It is hard to access Data in the Brain during battle , only heart and muscle memory.

Exr

If anyone is a Vega player here, when should I be taking the claw off? Does it have more to do with the character you are playing against, or the situation you're in?
Clawless allows for some normals to be special cancellable. Take the claw off for pressure and keep it on for zoning. You can do standing hp with claw to unclaw to crouch mp to a special and it will all combo. Pretty neato

Skilletor

Not sure where this is from, just saw it on twitter.

CdhraqmWwAAZfH_.jpg

Fuck this list.

Ibuki in August.

Fuck this list.

Fuck it.

God dammit.

Fuck.

If this is true, I will drown myself in Mountain Dew and choke on cheetos. That's how important Ibuki is to me.

Fuck this list.

jk. Juri would be awesome to have so early.

Please be Ibuki, though.

mbpm1

I get bopped because I try to meaty on peoples wake ups. Laura has hit me with her super more than once that way. Or if I go for an overhead with Vega she'll let it rip.

Feels bad man.

You should try doing the Gootecks Shimmy instead

not RQing the other thing Kappa

Ferrio

Banned
I get bopped because I try to meaty on peoples wake ups. Laura has hit me with her super more than once that way. Or if I go for an overhead with Vega she'll let it rip.

Feels bad man.

Wakeup CA isn't some Laura only thing.

I think I've woken up with it once, wayyyyy too risky.

Baleoce

Just learn one combo at a time.

Yeah for sure. That definitely sounds like a good idea. Build the muscle memory one thing at a time. A lot of the trouble for me is, getting into a position where I can do that confirm right up close. I find it quite rare I'm in the position right next to the opponent where I also have the momentum. One huge problem I have right now actually is when i do get in that situation, my brain defaults to playing it safe and attempting a throw instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom