• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should try doing the Gootecks Shimmy instead

not RQing the other thing Kappa

My shimmy game is kinda ass so far with Vega in this game. He has great walk speed, but I feel like I don't walk right in the right spot to avoid a mashed jab on wake up and so I get hit.

Wakeup CA isn't some Laura only thing.

I think I've woken up with it once, wayyyyy too risky.

I woke up with Vega's super once. It got stuffed since it has no invincibility until he's on top of the screen lol.

Always press buttons against Vega on his wake up guys. He's free to it. :(

New002

Who are some M. Bison players to watch? I've kind of just been flying by the seat of my pants and figured it would do me a lot of good to see what some solid Bison players are up to (since I'm quite mediocre).

qcf x2

playing like a kangaroo is how street fighter is supposed to feel like?

You'll never lose half of your life from an anti air in any Street Fighter except 4. Not in 2, not in Alpha, not in 3, not in 5. If players are jumping that frequently at you then congrats on the free wins.

So yeah, this is a lot more like Street Fighter.

FluxWaveZ

Not sure where this is from, just saw it on twitter.

CdhraqmWwAAZfH_.jpg

Zooming in, it's like Mika took off even more clothes. Probably the weird angle + the blur.

all ryu can do is turtle. he has zero offensive usefulness unless you can parry everything with 100% success rate while rushing. his moves have zero priority, he has the worst get up move of all the characters who have one, the shortest range on his attacks, the most useless special moves and super art, his v trigger is fucking worthless, using his v skill takes 100000x more skill than other fighters, and his recovery time for everything is just brutally long
You are nuts haha. He's high tier at the very least. Some of his normals are a bit stubby, but his damage output is nuts, he has a fantastic DP, parry will be stupid good, cr.MP is useful, his CA has fantastic chip potential and his Trigger will eventually be have strong applications. Don't confuse scrubby online Ryu play with him being bad.
Not sure where this is from, just saw it on twitter.

CdhraqmWwAAZfH_.jpg
I will get on my hands and feet for a 3S Alex alt.

Capcom pls
Fuck this list.

Ibuki in August.

Fuck this list.

Fuck it.

God dammit.

Fuck.

If this is true, I will drown myself in Mountain Dew and choke on cheetos. That's how important Ibuki is to me.

Fuck this list.

jk. Juri would be awesome to have so early.

Please be Ibuki, though.
damn lol

I have admit that I'd be disappointed by this order somewhat too. Ibuki after Guile would be ideal.

Hex

Banned
I think I have figured out the one thing that irritates the fuck out of me about this game.
It is not rage quitters, or the arcade mode crap or those whining about it, not survival....
It is waiting for matches.

mbpm1

I think I have figured out the one thing that irritates the fuck out of me about this game.
It is not rage quitters, or the arcade mode crap or those whining about it, not survival....

Click Play Game
*Wait for CFN to connect me*

Click looking for matches
*wait for matches to be found*
*wait for loading screen to end*
*wait for the white screen to eventually fade into the match*
*wait for match to begin*

Action!

*wait for win animation to end and/or RQ*
*wait for points to be tallied up and/or RQ*
*wait for matches again*

That said a battle lounge can usually alleviate this.

Sheroking

I'd be salty if Balrog is July and Urien is September.

Those are the only two DLC characters I actually give a fiddler's shit about.

LittleWask

Neo Member
You are nuts haha. He's high tier at the very least. Some of his normals are a bit stubby, but his damage output is nuts, he has a fantastic DP, parry will be stupid good, cr.MP is useful, his CA has fantastic chip potential and his Trigger will eventually be have strong applications. Don't confuse scrubby online Ryu play with him being bad.

His st.MP is quite useful. Haven't found an application for his cr.MP, though. Did you mean st.MP?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
losing just because you mistimed your meaty... feels so bad. Hate stopping on a losing streak but when I keep going I just play on tilt. It's bad either way. sigh.

mbpm1

His st.MP is quite useful. Haven't found an application for his cr.MP, though. Did you mean st.MP?

Cr.mp reaches as far as his cr. mk and combos into hadouken cleanly more often when buffered.

Also has more frame advantage and counterpokes non-low normals better. Also combos into itself on counterhit so you can use it as a worse st. mp frametrap/confirm

tariniel

For some reason it takes me 5 mins per match. I know a lot of people out there have it worse, but at one point it took less than a minute to find me games and it has done nothing but increase. It's so boring to sit there and wait. I haven't launched the game in almost a week because of it.

I know I could do lounges but I want to level my character and hit 30.

Renekton

Cr.mp reaches as far as his cr. mk and combos into hadouken cleanly more often when buffered.

Also has more frame advantage and counterpokes non-low normals better. Also combos into itself on counterhit so you can use it as a worse st. mp frametrap/confirm
Also Ryu's hurtbox is lowered greatly so can poke off neutral jumpers.

Hex

Banned
For some reason it takes me 5 mins per match. I know a lot of people out there have it worse, but at one point it took less than a minute to find me games and it has done nothing but increase. It's so boring to sit there and wait. I haven't launched the game in almost a week because of it.

I know I could do lounges but I want to level my character and hit 30.

I think part of it is people doing the Survival Mode gimmick and not confirming right away.
It either times out or they finally confirm.

Steroyd

Had some happy huntings with Cammy in casual today, starting to understand spacing and decimating openents within range, tried to play around with anti airing against ryu but... yeah changing what works wrecked me silly.

And I'm starting to mix up my wake ups, need to start practicing against nash, i've got no answer whenever I play against him.

Cammy mirror matches are weird as well made me realise you can pretty much jab her out of a good number of moves.

You'll never lose half of your life from an anti air in any Street Fighter except 4. Not in 2, not in Alpha, not in 3, not in 5. If players are jumping that frequently at you then congrats on the free wins.

So yeah, this is a lot more like Street Fighter.

Getting AA'd in ST could lead to like 1/4 each time by just one heavy DP.

How is 3s more like Street Fighter when AA parries changes the whole dynamic of jump ins that's nothing like any other SF?

Ah geez, you guys notice WORLD COMBO is back on the leader board What kind of hit did capcom give him? No way he got back so fast from a complete lp wipe.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
GGs Sixfortyfive I've still got a lot to learn in the matchup lol. Thanks for hanging out.

When I called Nadeshiko and immediately went into command grab, were there any instances where you tried to backdash out of it?

I'm wondering how many characters literally can't get out of it.

Click Play Game
*Wait for CFN to connect me*

Click looking for matches
*wait for matches to be found*
*wait for loading screen to end*
*wait for the white screen to eventually fade into the match*
*wait for match to begin*

Action!

*wait for win animation to end and/or RQ*
*wait for points to be tallied up and/or RQ*
*wait for matches again*

That said a battle lounge can usually alleviate this.

I think they said Endless lobby is coming in March, SF4 Endless lobby is awesome.

I understand the momentum swings/mixup/dash under positions that jumping in gives you in this game. All I'm saying is that jumping towards the player in this game isn't as scary as it was in 4.

I never said anything was pointless lol

when you gonna come get this work
Count you still on?

When I called Nadeshiko and immediately went into command grab, were there any instances where you tried to backdash out of it?

I'm wondering how many characters literally can't get out of it.

I didn't know that was an option. I think I only blocked and ate the throw or prayed on a r-reversal which didn't work, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom