• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

Guys, this picture is just a photoshop montage of the character silhouettes / story costumes / EX colors from the Japanese collector edition.
Don't read too much into it, those dates are all made up.

hamchan

It seems like my fight money has randomly gone down?

I remember last night reaching 220000. Now I just had another online game and it reached 220000 again wtf.

Sheroking

Ah geez, you guys notice WORLD COMBO is back on the leader board What kind of hit did capcom give him? No way he got back so fast from a complete lp wipe.

They curbed him down to 500lp.

Thing is, he was always a legit great FANG player. He just also happened to RQ his losses.

Beat a 6000 LP Vega with my 2000 LP Rashid.

He lost like 190 points, wow. I feel bad man.

Match was funny. It started with me saying to my fiance

"I don't know this matchup well enough, so I can't win. I'll just sit back, block and try and figure the guy out a little. No point going wild cause I won't learn anything".

So I did that, and the guy almost perfected me.

Round 2, I stopped the passive play and tried to take advantage of some of my observations and matchup knowledge. Won the following 2 rounds, even though they were pretty close.

I could probably up my rank quite a bit as I haven't hit a wall or anything like that, I lose here and there but still win about 70%. It's just that the incentive to do so isn't there for me. I hate ranked right now. RQs and skewed distribution of ranked players towards the bronze group, it's just a really garbage set of systems.

Btw anyone know a necalli player Called hizen? I wanted to gg him from our set and match up against him another time but can't find him on PSN

What if they removed his ability to win LP for a week

jk don't do that Capcom just make Rq's count as RQs

Your disconnection percentage could scale your LP earnings. (as well as the actual RQ registering as a loss)

So if you disconnect 50% of the time, then you'd need to win twice as many games to rank up, the easiest way to rank up would be to reduce your DQ %.

Beat a 6000 LP Vega with my 2000 LP Rashid.

He lost like 190 points, wow. I feel bad man.

Match was funny. It started with me saying to my fiance

"I don't know this matchup well enough, so I can't win. I'll just sit back, block and try and figure the guy out a little. No point going wild cause I won't learn anything".

So I did that, and the guy almost perfected me.

Round 2, I stopped the passive play and tried to take advantage of some of my observations and matchup knowledge. Won the following 2 rounds, even though they were pretty close.

I could probably up my rank quite a bit as I haven't hit a wall or anything like that, I lose here and there but still win about 70%. It's just that the incentive to do so isn't there for me. I hate ranked right now. RQs and skewed distribution of ranked players towards the bronze group, it's just a really garbage set of systems.
Congrats man....looks like your leveling up....

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.

I didn't know that was an option. I think I only blocked and ate the throw or prayed on a r-reversal which didn't work, lol

I'm testing it now against a few characters and it looks like walking backward is a better defensive option than back-dashing.

Back-dashes almost always get clipped by Nadeshiko. Walking doesn't get out of range of the grab either if it's too close though.

qcf x2

Getting AA'd in ST could lead to like 1/4 each time by just one heavy DP.

How is 3s more like Street Fighter when AA parries changes the whole dynamic of jump ins that's nothing like any other SF?

You're not gonna die from 4 heavy DPs in ST (maybe 5 lol). As for 3s, I didn't say it was more like Street Fighter. If we boil it down to jumping and potential damage from it, SF4 is its own game. It's not the standard by any means, nor should it be. Jumping is an option with inherent risk, not an instant death.

negitoro7

I'm finally making sense of claw mode more than claw off mode.

I save claw off for when footsies betray me. :p

Which high-level Claws should I be learning from? I feel like claw-mode should allow him to combo a mp or mk (standing or crouching) into a special move to make him competitive against a lot of the cast. I also need a dependable anti-air / reversible or else I can see myself maining Karin or Nash instead.

ElFly

You'll never lose half of your life from an anti air in any Street Fighter except 4. Not in 2, not in Alpha, not in 3, not in 5. If players are jumping that frequently at you then congrats on the free wins.

So yeah, this is a lot more like Street Fighter.

In Alpha 2 you could easily lose around 50% of the bar from a combo custom if you jumped onto Chun or Nash, or even Gief and actually a decent bunch of the cast.

Sheroking

Won 14 of 15 ranked matches today/last night.

Climbing-the-league-table-006.jpg

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know why this happens sometimes?

gifgkr20.gif

I'm the Karin anti-airing Ryu and then dashing. But I'm turned around so my meaty whiffs...

qcf x2

In Alpha 2 you could easily lose around 50% of the bar from a combo custom if you jumped onto Chun or Nash, or even Gief and actually a decent bunch of the cast.

Right, of course I forgot about custom combos. An intentional sort of forget.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Does anyone why this happens sometimes?

gifgkr20.gif

I'm the Karin anti-airing Ryu and then dashing. But I'm turned around so my meaty whiffs...

Maybe he was still technically on your left side during the frame when you hit the button? What if you hit it a few frames later? Or would that be too late for meaty?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe he was still technically on your left side during the frame when you hit the button? What if you hit it a few frames later? Or would that be too late for meaty?
That must be it I guess. Problem is I have a hard time reproducing it in training mode. It almost never happens there in that same situation.

bounchfx

I swear every time I use the main menu in this fucking game I wonder what they were smoking when they designed it. It's horrible.

Man count is blowing me up with Laura....you really have to study her frame data to have a chance....kinda annoying getting caught up in her stuff. Might be harder since I don't use reversal

Hyun Sai

You'll never lose half of your life from an anti air in any Street Fighter except 4. Not in 2, not in Alpha, not in 3, not in 5. If players are jumping that frequently at you then congrats on the free wins.

So yeah, this is a lot more like Street Fighter.

I think we're close to 50% if Vega does HK CC anti air, V-Trigger, Super... The stars must aligned though.

New002

Just experienced my first disconnect. Feelsbadman.jpg

I imagine things will only get worse if/when I move up in the ranks.

When we should expect the second season of content? Next year if it happens at all? I really miss Sakura :(

Season 2 & 3, at the very least, are happening without a doubt. As for when, I imagine we will get details at CPT Finals in December of this year. It sounds like they want to use the time between the end of CPT & the next CPT season start (so say, between mid-Dec to mid-March) to be the period where they release a major patch that affects gameplay balance (supposedly the only one we'd get all year, barring any unforeseen issues that do come up) as well as some major content dropping during that period.

I also imagine that they'll want to have finished launching season 2 characters by EVO of next year, seeing as how new characters tend to really affect the overall balance of the game, and you don't want the main tournament season to be changing that wildly during the season. This year, 3 characters will be launching after EVO, meaning the lineup of characters on offer is going to be pretty different in December versus in July.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I swear every time I use the main menu in this fucking game I wonder what they were smoking when they designed it. It's horrible.

Im cool with the Main Menu itself.. but the dialogs and pop ups are absolutely programmer art.

Shadoken

Does anyone know why this happens sometimes?

gifgkr20.gif

This is something that happens will all characters in that situation. For some reason characters seem to turn the opposite direction for a frame or two, when the opponent does the flip during an air reset.

I got a similar issue when I AA with Kens Cr.HP and Cancel it to a Run. If you buffer any attack during the dash/run you get it out in the first frame after recovery but you face the opposite side. Its fking annoying.

I hope Capcom is aware and fixes it , I see no reason why the character needs to face the opposite direction for that frame.

hitsugi

Honestly, I hope submitting these videos to Capcom isn't a waste of time, really sick of these butt nuggets.

It is.. because they said they no longer require them, so I doubt they are wasting resources on them anymore. That being said, at least they're moving in the right direction by being able to detect it themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom