• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Ah geez, you guys notice WORLD COMBO is back on the leader board What kind of hit did capcom give him? No way he got back so fast from a complete lp wipe.

Thing is, World Combo is actually good. You can't just rage quit your way to the top. You actually have to be able to win games.

joe2187

Banned
My issue with the Menu is, going to the message log to accept invites is ASS.

That should be available just by pressing the options button.

The other is CFN ID. Unless im stupid, it makes it hard to interact with the player you just met through PSN. I cant go to their PSN profile, I have to instead go to their CFN Profile.

It is.. because they said they no longer require them, so I doubt they are wasting resources on them anymore. That being said, at least they're moving in the right direction by being able to detect it themselves.

Well, crap...at least we can still name and shame them.

Shadoken

In Alpha 2 you could easily lose around 50% of the bar from a combo custom if you jumped onto Chun or Nash, or even Gief and actually a decent bunch of the cast.

Right, of course I forgot about custom combos. An intentional sort of forget.

I think we're close to 50% if Vega does HK CC anti air, V-Trigger, Super... The stars must aligned though.

These require Super meter though. Soo its the same as saying Ryu can just Srk->Super and take 50% of your life. And yea some CC AAs also lead to heavy damage.

IV was the only one where you could eat a combo and then put in the fear of jumping for the opponent with huge damage.

It's very....sterile. But it does do a good job of presenting everything. It's just got that "everything's the internet!" look. I like it better than SFIV's busy menus though.
I guess since everything is snappy and easily readable, I love it. I don't really want anything flashy but I guess I could sorta understand people who do want that as an option.

Xeteh

Why do people keep saying this like it makes it less despicable? I feel like its more despicable than some scrub doing it.

I don't think anyone is saying it makes it any less dumb, its just that there are people who figured he'd never climb the ladder again.

Chairhome

I had the pre-order code for Cammy's costume from Best Buy, redeemed it, but it didn't download. I can see it in my transaction history, but its not in my download list. Any idea where I can find it to download it?

Vex_

Banned
The amount of PC players exploiting alt tab is crazy. You can tell it is intentional because when the game is in rollback city mode, they land perfect links and teleport all over the screen.

Even the timer was out of WACK.

Edzi

That's what I want to know. I've seen them lose and keep the streak.

He's using tool assisted magic.

I'm guessing the streak number value is stored locally, so he might be editing it somehow to keep it from resetting.

Count one of these days I'm going to figure out your Laura bs and kill you u bastardized amazing person....

I desperately want to play his Laura, but the stupid lounges won't work for either of us. -_-

jett

D-Member
It's so easy to play with R.Mika, really simple combos and easy to connect, execution skill level is pretty much on the ground floor. AND super fun. Ditching Chunners, going with the new hotness.

He's using tool assisted magic.

I'm guessing the streak number value is stored locally, so he might be editing it somehow to keep it from resetting.

I desperately want to play his Laura, but the stupid lounges won't work for either of us. -_-
you don't want to play him, count raises your blood sugar...the whole set you're wondering "when is it might turn?" Lol...gotta basically rely on v-reversal in this match. I'm not very good at using it yet, but seemed like the only thing that slowed his momentum. Laura has an awesome mk too! Junk stuff everything. Vega has one of those too, I can't shimmy them yet cuz that normal comes out too fast...

It's so easy to play with R.Mika, really simple combos and easy to connect, execution skill level is pretty much on the ground floor. AND super fun. Ditching Chunners, going with the new hotness.

Welcome to the Mika army....I'm not sure if this is an insult or a compliment...

I want to get a few sets in with a good Laura. Every time I fight that character it ends up being some mad scramble lol
I improved versus vega end bison a little and even birdie. Mika and Laura are not my worse matches...need to play flux and count like everyday...lol

Hustler

Won 14 of 15 ranked matches today/last night.

Climbing-the-league-table-006.jpg

Congrats, those days are the best!

I won 11 in a row tonight after being knocked down to 900lp. Made it back up to 1450lp before having to go grocery shopping. Today has been a good day for SF!

Edzi

you don't want to play him, count raises your blood sugar...the whole set you're wondering "when is it might turn?" Lol...gotta basically rely on v-reversal in this match. I'm not very good at using it yet, but seemed like the only thing that slowed his momentum. Laura has an awesome mk too! Junk stuff everything. Vega has one of those too, I can't shimmy them yet cuz that normal comes out too fast...

I played him once before I think, and your post is pretty accurate from what I remember of the experience.

I need redemption!

emag

It is 1 frame activation, and jumping is 3 frames (and after the future patch,4)

You can (and after the patch you will still be able to) jump the regular SPD, which has 5 frames of activation.

Wait, aren't you immune to throws during prejump frames? Obviously this doesn't apply to jumping after Gief's super flash, but you can jump out of meaty throws regardless of how meaty they are, right? Likewise, if there were a two frame super command throw, you'd be able to jump out of it on reaction, correct?

I think i realized a big weakness in my game. I'm used to buffering in prompts(typing them in repeatedly to ensure they work). SFV lets you get away with it a little bit, but it's always going to be a coin flip whether the combo drops or not. I assume this is also why I'm not getting out dps when I need to.
Any advise on how to stop this habit?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats, those days are the best!

I won 11 in a row tonight after being knocked down to 900lp. Made it back up to 1450lp before having to go grocery shopping. Today has been a good day for SF!

Seems like yesterday was "Good Day" day.
After teetering on the edge of super bronze, I managed to win 5 out of 8 matches and give myself a buffer again. Play felt calm and collected, and even beat characters I usually have trouble with (Bison loves doing his blockstrings over and over, not realising scissor kick isn't safe on block, while Karin just loves her buttons and forgets that other characters have some good ones, too).

On a bad day, laggy matches can really mess me up and make me feel salty. Sometimes even a 5 bar is a teleport fest, while a 1 bar is silky smooth (both from the same region). It's pretty inconsistent, but gotta make the most of what you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom