• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadoken

Is SF : Resurrection coming out tomorrow?. I keep seeing exclusive on go90 everywhere. Wtf is that? Is that like a Netflix online subscription thing. I dont wanna sign up for it just to watch this one show. Hopefully they have like a free trial or something.

Edit - All I see is available on ITunes or Google play. Wtf how do i watch this on my PC/PS4.

Why would you even say the 15th and give us any semblance of hope.

22nd if we're lucky at this point.

Getting a tad dramatic aren't we? I'm thinking about maining him, and even I'm not squirming in my pants enough that I can't live a couple more weeks without him.
I can live exactly 2 more weeks. One day more and I switch to League capcom, you want that on your conscious?

God I hope they didn't mess up his voice.

Pretty sure you can't die from taking an armor hit, and that's something that 100% needs to be changed.
Nah I'm not a fan of chip. And I don't agree with you that white damage exceeding health is silly. It makes comebacks more exciting and you don't have to play all nervous worried about chip damage. Ex moves with armor are already a good way to absorb one arrack and take the round anyway.

its not invul.

fireball and hurricane kick are absolutely useless. his super art is only usable as a combo finisher, but i mean any super art in the game can be used as a combo finisher. other supers have at least some level of utility outside of that. not ryus,

do you even play this game

You're not gonna die from 4 heavy DPs in ST (maybe 5 lol). As for 3s, I didn't say it was more like Street Fighter. If we boil it down to jumping and potential damage from it, SF4 is its own game. It's not the standard by any means, nor should it be. Jumping is an option with inherent risk, not an instant death.

Someone hasn't played against O. Sagat

ElFly

Wait, aren't you immune to throws during prejump frames? Obviously this doesn't apply to jumping after Gief's super flash, but you can jump out of meaty throws regardless of how meaty they are, right? Likewise, if there were a two frame super command throw, you'd be able to jump out of it on reaction, correct?

I think people in prejump frames are considered airborne and cannot be thrown, but I dunno if it applies to the super

could be wrong

you don't want to play him, count raises your blood sugar...the whole set you're wondering "when is it might turn?" Lol...gotta basically rely on v-reversal in this match. I'm not very good at using it yet, but seemed like the only thing that slowed his momentum. Laura has an awesome mk too! Junk stuff everything. Vega has one of those too, I can't shimmy them yet cuz that normal comes out too fast...

Ggs man! I had to get off for a bit but it was a good set. I can't believe LK Tatsu on wakeup actually works really well lol. If I block it, you're still at disadvantage but it's not that harsh because of how far it hits. If it does hit then you get an ex DP followup.

I always felt a bit worried to overextend myself on offence because of the risk of eating a DP for my efforts then being forced eat the upcoming pressure.

I also can't jump over a fireball at fullscreen safely lol

I also gotta find out better mixups after ex fireball. I felt I got a bit too obvious in where I was going sometimes.

ElFly

Does mean characters with armor moves have an advantage in low health though.

Otherwise it'd take away a ton of resources from these same characters once they are down in health.

"they can still use the moves" is not an advantage, it is mere hanging there.

Think of the trade off if they still had life; the character with the armor move would have traded and lost less life; why should it be different during the magic pixel?

Ggs man! I had to get off for a bit but it was a good set. I can't believe LK Tatsu on wakeup actually works really well lol. If I block it, you're still at disadvantage but it's not that harsh because of how far it hits. If it does hit then you get an ex DP followup.

I always felt a bit worried to overextend myself on offence because of the risk of eating a DP for my efforts then being forced eat the upcoming pressure.

I also can't jump over a fireball at fullscreen safely lol

I also gotta find out better mixups after ex fireball. I felt I got a bit too obvious in where I was going sometimes.
yea in this match its like a battle of no mistakes lol. I used v-reversal as a get out of jail card but I'm really going to have to learn when to block and when to jump away to save some meter. So many setups take forever to finish, sometimes I get caught just sitting there thinking I was still in a combo, then eat a command grab after a dash.

But yeah Laura has a nice jump arc when you put that foot out. You also didn't abuse her overhead after a couple punishes, weaker Laura players rely on that move too much and it's not safe on block. Definitely have to improve my defense and get much better at applying B-reversals to reset everything. GGs have another set soon.

anyone got a good link for a site which shows a good glossary and videos for beginners?

I have played quiet a bit of SF4 and SFV but I think the next step in my journey is to learn about frame data and linking combos etc.

Ive been sitting around 1000LP just using normal and specials and blocking a lot. But haven't ever been over 1150LP.

Ferrio

Banned
Does mean characters with armor moves have an advantage in low health though.

There's nothing wrong with characters have advantages over others in certain situations. That's the whole point of different characters. As long as those all balance out in the end, it's all good.

Durden77

Getting a tad dramatic aren't we? I'm thinking about maining him, and even I'm not squirming in my pants enough that I can't live a couple more weeks without him.
I can live exactly 2 more weeks. One day more and I switch to League capcom, you want that on your conscious?

God I hope they didn't mess up his voice.

More like realistic considering the Unity post says they'll share an exact date and they haven't yet. Just saying there's no way it's tomorrow. Really hope it's next week though. Work weeks are going slow.

And I'm more psyched for the update itself than Alex really, even though I can't wait to get my hands on him either.

anyone got a good link for a site which shows a good glossary and videos for beginners?

I have played quiet a bit of SF4 and SFV but I think the next step in my journey is to learn about frame data and linking combos etc.

Ive been sitting around 1000LP just using normal and specials and blocking a lot. But haven't ever been over 1150LP.
theyre character videos for everyone on YouTube and I think SRK has everyone's frame data in the character section. If you PM I can send you a fax if your characters frame data from the guidebook if other places are too hard to read.

Nah I'm not a fan of chip. And I don't agree with you that white damage exceeding health is silly. It makes comebacks more exciting and you don't have to play all nervous worried about chip damage. Ex moves with armor are already a good way to absorb one arrack and take the round anyway.

Does taking white life lower the requirement it takes to chip someone to death? Or in other words, if my opponent has 10% health can I do 5% white life and then use Super to do the other 5?

This might be a scumbag answer, but I loved chip death. In fact it was my favorite way to finish off people in SF4. I liked putting my opponent in a position where they knew they had no escape. It probably felt the best against a Rose or Chun that didn't have any meter, they'd try to back dash.

Although chip kill did lead to situations that couldn't be escaped. I think the comebacks are more hype with chip kill. It was fun to see characters literally have to dodge everything like Neo from the Matrix while somehow coming back from a big deficit. Especially against fireball characters like Akuma who could send fireballs at different angles. I do like non chip kill to, but it's not as exciting to see people walk forward and block knowing the only thing that have to look for is a Super, throw, or overhead. With Super normally not being apart of the equation.

ElFly

God's Beard!";198359903] [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWYs8zPRwBM said:
Messing with gief a bit, any tips?[/URL]

Just started learning him more seriously as a back up for Necalli.

You let her jump too much for free; lariat would have traded a couple of times. Gotta learn how to deal with the jumping overhead attack of karin: the secret is just block high and then low; she cannot do anything if you are blocking low, both options will miss.

Spam jab more, lol. You are overestimating the regular grab range. It is point blank. Just use the jab SPD which grabs beyond almost everyone's jab's range.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I kinda wish they hadn't announced who the season one people would be. I like the surprise and speculation.

FluxWaveZ

Ha, actually encountered a Mika in a mirror match who selected my usual alt color—#08—forcing me to use the default color. Neat coincidence.

HardRojo

I haven't played this game in more than a week, I'm on vacation away from home, returning on Wednesday. My Nash is going to be do fucking rusty when I go back to online matches.

Otherwise it'd take away a ton of resources from these same characters once they are down in health.

"they can still use the moves" is not an advantage, it is mere hanging there.

Think of the trade off if they still had life; the character with the armor move would have traded and lost less life; why should it be different during the magic pixel?

Because ealier in matches it's not free, you're risking white health for that armor. When you're at no health, the risk is gone.
Plus, most armor moves aren't just safer parry's. Birdie's Bull ex revenger is comboable, and useful as a long range punish.

Then again, I can see how this would be a significant nerf for Gief...
I guess if the game is balanced for it, it's balanced. More than anything, I'm more used to it not working in other games. For instance, in Xrd it kills you to armor tank with no health.

You should have ex forward berserker barrage after stomps. I see every necalli do it.

Thanks for watching, I was quietly going to pretend I never posted that for a second. Such cold shoulder treatment.
That said, eh, kind of like to save meter for ex dps. It's the only dp necalli has that works as good as a shoto dp.

emag

Karin's -6 (LP) to -4 (HP) after the jumping portion of ressenha -- you can tag her before any follow-up comes out.

ElFly

Because ealier in matches it's not free, you're risking white health for that armor. When you're at no health, the risk is gone.
Plus, most armor moves aren't just safer parry's. Birdie's Bull ex revenger is comboable, and useful as a long range punish.

Then again, I can see how this would be a significant nerf for Gief...
I guess if the game is balanced for it, it's balanced. More than anything, I'm more used to it not working in other games. For instance, in Xrd it kills you to armor tank with no health.

I hear in Xrd you actually take the damage (partially?) but in SFV you can recover all the white health, and it only "takes" with a clean hit.

Does taking white life lower the requirement it takes to chip someone to death? Or in other words, if my opponent has 10% health can I do 5% white life and then use Super to do the other 5?

This might be a scumbag answer, but I loved chip death. In fact it was my favorite way to finish off people in SF4. I liked putting my opponent in a position where they knew they had no escape. It probably felt the best against a Rose or Chun that didn't have any meter, they'd try to back dash.

Although chip kill did lead to situations that couldn't be escaped. I think the comebacks are more hype with chip kill. It was fun to see characters literally have to dodge everything like Neo from the Matrix while somehow coming back from a big deficit. Especially against fireball characters like Akuma who could send fireballs at different angles. I do like non chip kill to, but it's not as exciting to see people walk forward and block knowing the only thing that have to look for is a Super, throw, or overhead. With Super normally not being apart of the equation.
i think it's still pretty hype when you come back with no health. Chip still exist, just not free anymore. As hype as it was for pro players to perform a perfect and not take anymore damage for the come back, most players are generally jumping around like a headless chicken trying to avoid fireballs and specials. This gives everyone a shot, to focus, stay level headed and make an amazing comeback. And it's not easy at all to do, most players are going to use lights, overheads and quick safe attacks if you are on your way out.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Thanks for watching, I was quietly going to pretend I never posted that for a second. Such cold shoulder treatment.
That said, eh, kind of like to save meter for ex dps. It's the only dp necalli has that works as good as a shoto dp.

if your saving meter for ex dp's, why not just grab on the stomps?

jaypah

The wife insisted that I buy this game so I caved and here I am, lol. I quite like fighting online but I was waiting for a more fleshed out single player (on top of always liking the SP mode, I like to keep my hands warm while waiting for fight request). But I relented and I have to admit that what IS here is pretty damn fun. I'm getting hit up pretty badly but I've won some too and it really does feel like being a kid again playing in the arcade on Canal St. in New Orleans 😊

My SFV name is jaypah, same as my GAF name. I bought it on Steam but I don't think it matters.

Anyway, I have a question for you gals and guys: Is there any way to select your fighter upon fight request, or do you have to roll with the character that you choose as your favorite? Thanks in advance for the info and hopefully the fight requests.

LakeEarth

I thought his HP also had invulnerable frames.

Also in your video, you got hit by a random super twice. After the first time, you should've been looking out for it. Not that I haven't gotten hit by two random super in the same match, but it's still good advice to peak at the meters when you get a knockdown pressure opportunity.

yea in this match its like a battle of no mistakes lol. I used v-reversal as a get out of jail card but I'm really going to have to learn when to block and when to jump away to save some meter. So many setups take forever to finish, sometimes I get caught just sitting there thinking I was still in a combo, then eat a command grab after a dash.

But yeah Laura has a nice jump arc when you put that foot out. You also didn't abuse her overhead after a couple punishes, weaker Laura players rely on that move too much and it's not safe on block. Definitely have to improve my defense and get much better at applying B-reversals to reset everything. GGs have another set soon.

A lot of my random overheads were because I was accidentally negative edging them :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom