• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I've had quite a bit of trouble with Karin and Bison. I'm finally seeing their combos slow down and know what to expect. Karin and her bnb cross ups don't get me as easily as they used to and they're easily punished. I stopped trying to do wake up anything against Karin, just mainly block looking for the LP or dash away/neutral jump.

I don't have nearly as many teleporting matches now that I turn on ask before accepting a game on fight request, best feature. If you don't have it turned on, I highly suggest it.

Yes, have had Ask turned on since the start. Very helpful, especially when commiting yourself to Survival.

I know what you mean about Karin. Best thing is to block and be wary of throws. Have never appreciated a little LP here and there so much as I do now. Just stuff their wake up pressure and restart the neutral game. Get those curls out of my face.

The wife insisted that I buy this game so I caved and here I am, lol. I quite like fighting online but I was waiting for a more fleshed out single player (on top of always liking the SP mode, I like to keep my hands warm while waiting for fight request). But I relented and I have to admit that what IS here is pretty damn fun. I'm getting hit up pretty badly but I've won some too and it really does feel like being a kid again playing in the arcade on Canal St. in New Orleans 😊

Damn, I had to talk my wife into letting me, lol. Managed to convince her it was a worthy investment of at least 5 years! Don't let me down, Capcom.

Mediking

My Street Fighter 5 experience via gifs. What are yours?

When Cammy and I are in sync and working together... We're like this:

tumblr_n3xovoLRzF1r72ht7o1_r1_500.gif

When I lose a match, I'm like this:

latest

I feel like this in Survival Mode:

giphy.gif

When I see a match oppourtunity appear when I'm fighting in Training Mode:

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_db56wp0w880g4c84gws0cgscg_640.gif

LegendX48

Is it just me or did the servers go crazy? All information disappeared (platform, player/character level, etc) and it's been lagging pretty bad.

tariniel

Thanks for the matches man, I don't see too many Bisons for some reason. I need to learn abetter punish than cr lp for those blockstrings tho lol.

Thanks for the games! Your Necalli was very good, your combos were solid and you knew exactly when to press buttons to interrupt my block strings, Necalli's 3f jab is very good for that. I'd suggest using st.LK and st.MK more as meaties, and I think st.MK is also + on block so it can start a frame trap. There's this setup I use on Necalli when I play him, on opponent wakeup, meaty st.LK into command grab, and it works pretty well. It's great against characters without great wakeup options (like Bison, Nash... well, most of the cast). If the meaty st.LK hits and gets a counterhit, you can follow up with st.MK > cr.MP > special.

Let me know if you want to play more in the future, I could always use the practice. I tend to fold under pressure and don't think I have great defense. I don't know if I even used v.trigger once, I used them on reversals instead.

ElFly

Now on top of slow matchmaking, sometimes the game will match me with someone and then got to a black screen where it keeps loading forever.

GG

Thanks for the games! Your Necalli was very good, your combos were solid and you knew exactly when to press buttons to interrupt my block strings, Necalli's 3f jab is very good for that. I'd suggest using st.LK and st.MK more as meaties, and I think st.MK is also + on block so it can start a frame trap. There's this setup I use on Necalli when I play him, on opponent wakeup, meaty st.LK into command grab, and it works pretty well. It's great against characters without great wakeup options (like Bison, Nash... well, most of the cast). If the meaty st.LK hits and gets a counterhit, you can follow up with st.MK > cr.MP > special.

Let me know if you want to play more in the future, I could always use the practice. I tend to fold under pressure and don't think I have great defense. I don't know if I even used v.trigger once, I used them on reversals instead.

St lk into command grab, interesting. Knee tends to whiff a lot, cause its short. Not the best poke, I ussually only try it on a dash, but its not usually successful. I need to practice crossups, and I'm definitely grabbing too much.
If I could critique you, you were hit by the charge dash too much. You're always whiffing normals at full screen. I wouldn't begrudge it, but I'd switch to moves with less active frames lol. Besides that and maybe overusing v reversal, thats a rock solid Bison there.

Edgeward

Good games man. I think I learned a little but I still have no idea what to do in the corner. I feel like if you can touch me once, it's game over.

GGs.

You need to anti air. Free jump ins everytime. Corner wise, I don't think you realize I hit you with the same reset every time. After the knock into the air I hit you for a cr mp and then the reset tick command throw. So either v reverse out or jab or neutral jump will work. You also need to be able to zone without backing yourself into the corner, I walked forward a lot and you gave up ground freely. You also need to be patient when in the corner and almost stunned. You allowed yourself to get stunned because the cr lks was getting to you and hit tried to hit a button instead waiting for me to push myself out. And confirm your combos, don't just throw it out. And personally, I wouldn't waste meter with ex scythe kick on oki. You should be saving it for comboing into super.

Astral

Often times after I win a round the connection starts getting really shitty. That's them fucking around with their internet right? It seems way too convenient.

GGs.

You need to anti air. Free jump ins everytime. Corner wise, I don't think you realize I hit you with the same reset every time. After the knock into the air I hit you for a cr mp and then the reset tick command throw. So either v reverse out or jab or neutral jump will work. You also need to be able to zone without backing yourself into the corner, I walked forward a lot and you gave up ground freely. You also need to be patient when in the corner and almost stunned. You allowed yourself to get stunned because the cr lks was getting to you and hit tried to hit a button instead waiting for me to push myself out. And confirm your combos, don't just throw it out. And personally, I wouldn't waste meter with ex scythe kick on oki. You should be saving it for comboing into super.
Thanks so much man, this is exactly what I need. Pure craziness in the corners. I started to get an idea of what could happen but I had no idea what you would do. As for the anti-air, I felt like you were always at the perfect range where it would trade badly for me but I have yet to actually test it outside of a few bad exchanges and now the jump ins have to be "perfect" for me to attempt to anti-air. Something I need to get over.

Again, I really appreciate the feedback and the games.

Astral

I finally reached Silver fuuuuck. I'm only 6 points above it though. I really hate being so close to that league up/league down threshold.

EDIT: Just lost it to a laggy Ryu. Fucking hell.

Edgeward

Thanks so much man, this is exactly what I need. Pure craziness in the corners. I started to get an idea of what could happen but I had no idea what you would do. As for the anti-air, I felt like you were always at the perfect range where it would trade badly for me but I have yet to actually test it outside of a few bad exchanges and now the jump ins have to be "perfect" for me to attempt to anti-air. Something I need to get over.

Again, I really appreciate the feedback and the games.

Anti-airs in this game are better in a sense that a lot of normals are pretty damn good at knocking people out of the air. You don't need to commit with a special move AA nor should you because Mika can use her body slam to change her trajectory . Most times, at worst you will trade but at least you will create better distance for yourself. Nash's normals are way better than Mika's so the distance it would create would be problematic.

Astral

That's why you shouldn't pay attention to points. They are there to catch you off guard.

They can psych you out so bad. I got matched with a guy with 3k more LP than me and it made me nervous. I could have won too. I'm at my worst when I'm close to losing my league too. I wish I could just hide these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom